Which should I choose?

• 50’s Prime Time

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Rodeo Roundup BBQ

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

Chokky

Mouseketeer
We are going in November and are deciding between these two choices.
We have been to Prime Time many times and enjoy it.
Rodeo Roundup BBQ would be new for us.
We like to try new places, but the reviews there seem to be hit or miss.
Cast your vote please.
Thank you!

I was just at RRBBQ in June and the only thing we liked about it was the actual restaurant (as in the theme), not the food :sad2:. We were very disappointed and the only way we’ll return is if my DH wants to go. I had a long running thread on the restaurant and just about everyone, including us, didn’t like how it takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours to eat there (in addition to waiting to get in with your ADR). After 1:45 I had to tell my server we gotta go due to use having a LL we needed to get to. We gobbled our dessert while I was paying - very annoying. It wasnt the servers fault, he was busy, he wasn’t dragging his feet. I don’t know where the problem lies, but a meal shouldn’t take that long. The food is very average - nothing that makes you say wow. Definitely not worth the cost at all:sad2:

We had the most amazing waiter at Woody's but he was the best part of the meal. The decor is cute but the food was aweful. We won't be back unless the menu changes. I wish you could just order what you want instead of the family style. My vote is 50's Prime Time.

You really have to try it for yourself at some point, but I have to agree with the other posters that Prime Time would be a better place to celebrate a birthday. Our experience at Woody's was long for a party of 4 (2 hours) and though we didn't think the food was terrible, Prime Time has better food options. The atmosphere at Prime Time is also brighter and more fun. Roundup BBQ is a cool-looking place and our server was great, but its loud and chaotic in a cavernous room.

We didn't mind the food at Woody's but it took SO DARN LONG. I still have no idea how a family style/set menu place can be so slow! We were there forever and it put a damper on our experience.

We eat at 50's a lot, most recently over the weekend. For us, they seat on time, good service, fun atmosphere, food comes quickly, it's tasty, and not near as expensive as Woody's.

We have not tried Rodeo yet but will next month. We’ve done Prime time many times. We love the atmosphere and service, but the food is pretty bad in my opinion.

We liked RRBBQ - but you have to be meat eaters. Yes, there are vegetarian options but it's pretty limited. That said, it's not going to be the best BBQ you've ever eaten, but it is all you can eat, and that includes the deserts. I don't know why, but I've seen several people say they did not like they only got a small desert. Our server brought us several of everything so we could try them all, then came back and encouraged us to have more. We left full and had a good time - hard to be disappointed with that.

We also liked 50s, but, like you, we had eaten there more than once. Might as well try something new.

We plan to try RRBBQ during our April trip. Seems that most everyone is complimentary of the theming and atmosphere. That is almost important to me as the food quality.

A hard one because I'm always about trying new places. I guess it depends on are you willing to risk that price? We went in June. I think I did a review but it was pretty new. Now months later I don't see us going back. For big carnivore eaters it would be good. Went back in July and opted to eat at 50's Prime and Brown Derby for our big DHS meals.

This was a response I made right after our trip.

Hmmmmmm .... tough one as they are so different other than AYCTE and price.

Round Up -
- You get waited on
- You get your own table
- CARNIVORE meal
- Wasn't impressed with sides
- Desserts not up to Biergarten yummy level
- LONG wait to be seated
- Def a "cartoonish" feel to decor.
- If you get "space" room it is blue lit

Biergarten -
- Buffet, serve yourself (only get what you actually want)
- HUGE assortment of sides & salads 😋
- Could really just fill up on the yummy desserts
- More adult atmosphere
- Periodic music vs "Andy's coming" kid stuff
- Might have to share table by Sept (hoping they wait until DDP starts)

I would likely pick Biergarten. At this point while we enjoyed Round Up I don't see me booking it again in the near future.

Did both places this past September and we were not big fans of Rodeo Round Up at all, Food was just ok, We love 50s P/T…

We were just at Roundup Rodeo this weekend. The meat was not great (most of the options were a little dry, tough, and/or lacked flavor). I did really enjoy the side dishes and filled up on those. It took us a little over an hour to get in and out, so no problems with service or delays.

For me it was really about the theming and atmosphere. We had a Toy Story lover in our group so it was fun for us despite the mediocre food. We went in knowing the food might be kind of meh, though. I think it’s worth a try unless you know you’ll be upset if the food doesn’t wow you.

We ate at Round Up in July. We really liked the salads, sides & desserts. I normally like ribs, but these were “riblets” & not that good. I read they have salmon & might ask for that next time. My husband doesn’t care for buffet type foods but said the beef & sausage were pretty good. The chicken was fine. We enjoyed the atmosphere & our meal for 2 only took an hour. Definitely not longer than any of our other meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter