• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Frustration

Noodlez

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if I need advice or if I just want some support and sympathy! We're now up to day 34 of ROFR and I'm getting really frustrated.

We signed the contracts and paid our deposit on 15th March. On the 18th we received confirmation that it had been sent for ROFR. On 2nd April we received an email with "Your Right of First Refusal" in the title and definitely got our hopes up, but this was just informing us that they hadn't heard yet. I think that was the last time the broker instigated contact!

I noticed that contracts from my date start passing on 5th April, so on the 8th I contacted to ask if there was any update, but was advised that they were still waiting and it should be in the next week. On the 13th I emailed again, this time to the original person we'd been dealing with at the brokers. He advised that he would look into it and update me the next day. The update was that they hadn't heard yet. I replied back on the 16th to ask why, as we had now reached the 30 day stage. He advised that he would contact Disney to ask.

Oddly, later the same day I received the message from my title company advising my deposit had been received and my contract sent for ROFR. With my last contract I received this on the same day as it was sent, so I replied to ask why I'd only just received this. The next day they advised that they should have sent it earlier. On Wednesday I contacted the broker again to ask for an update but was told they were still waiting. Today I contacted them again to ask if I could have the details to chase this myself as I still haven't heard anything.

Even if my broker has done nothing wrong, I am surprised that they are not keeping me updated and I have to keep chasing! Unfortunately, I am suspicious that this is not the case and that they realised when they went to chase it that it had never been submitted, which is why that triggered the email from the title company. It is very unusual for it to take this long and I have been given no information at all. I know ROFR is often a painful wait, but I'd love to know what's going on!

Does this seem like a normal wait? Am I just being too keen?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I need advice or if I just want some support and sympathy! We're now up to day 34 of ROFR and I'm getting really frustrated.

We signed the contracts and paid our deposit on 15th March. On the 18th we received confirmation that it had been sent for ROFR. On 2nd April we received an email with "Your Right of First Refusal" in the title and definitely got our hopes up, but this was just informing us that they hadn't heard yet. I think that was the last time the broker instigated contact!

I noticed that contracts from my date start passing on 5th April, so on the 8th I contacted to ask if there was any update, but was advised that they were still waiting and it should be in the next week. On the 13th I emailed again, this time to the original person we'd been dealing with at the brokers. He advised that he would look into it and update me the next day. The update was that they hadn't heard yet. I replied back on the 16th to ask why, as we had now reached the 30 day stage. He advised that he would contact Disney to ask.

Oddly, later the same day I received the message from my title company advising my deposit had been received and my contract sent for ROFR. With my last contract I received this on the same day as it was sent, so I replied to ask why I'd only just received this. The next day they advised that they should have sent it earlier. On Wednesday I contacted the broker again to ask for an update but was told they were still waiting. Today I contacted them again to ask if I could have the details to chase this myself as I still haven't heard anything.

Even if my broker has done nothing wrong, I am surprised that they are not keeping me updated and I have to keep chasing! Unfortunately, I am suspicious that this is not the case and that they realised when they went to chase it that it had never been submitted, which is why that triggered the email from the title company. It is very unusual for it to take this long and I have been given no information at all. I know ROFR is often a painful wait, but I'd love to know what's going on!

I’d bet it was not sent to ROFR until you received the email from the title company…. I hate to say that…. but I had a similar situation happen last year….

I’d bet it was not sent to ROFR until you received the email from the title company…. I hate to say that…. but I had a similar situation happen last year….
Did they admit what had happened? I’d love to know the truth so I can be prepared!

I'm sorry - this is beyond annoying. IMO, you have every right to be frustrated.

No, but I also didn’t really care about assigning blame I just wanted everything to be done right from that point forward.

I’m not trying to assign blame, I’m trying to work out if I’m being lied to. If everything has been done right I could pass ROFR at any moment, but if they didn’t submit it then I can stop checking my emails!

I’m not trying to assign blame, I’m trying to work out if I’m being lied to. If everything has been done right I could pass ROFR at any moment, but if they didn’t submit it then I can stop checking my emails!
I wasn’t trying to infer that you were, I was just relaying my frame of mind

That’s definitely frustrating. Which broker - is it one you can mention here?

I wasn’t trying to infer that you were, I was just relaying my frame of mind
I apologise. I phrased my response badly. You said you had a similar situation and I was wondering how you knew. Were you told or did you guess?

If there has been a mistake I’d love them to just tell me so I can reset expectations.

Very frustrating. Just be glad it's not like when the ROFR monster was active...This long frustrating process with the added fun of a good chance Disney takes it and you get to start all over 😡1🤮
I actually had a contract in ROFR in 2018 when it was very active, but I still got a response in 30 days! I wish someone would tell me why this is taking so long.

I can. It's fidelity (https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/) I didn't want to though as it may not be something they've done wrong. It could be a DVC issue. I'm frustrated with them either way though as the last unsolicited contact was on the 2nd! Everything else I've had to beg for a reply.
The same one who didn’t disclose that I had an international seller? No way! But they’re so detail oriented! 🤦‍♂️

In all seriousness I would use them again but man alive they are example 1 of why you can never assume someone knows what they’re doing when that much money is involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter