ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good price on the contract and I hope this passes for you. Since there are no points until 2019 hopefully the mouse passes on this one !

Thats the hope. We dont plan any trips for a while (new baby hopefully coming) and worst case, we can borrow in Feb 2018 if we have too. BLT seems to be a tough one to figure out.

Congrats!

Thank you!

Also, I did another rookie error: not reading the instruction well. I think I suppose to add the passing date at the end? So, here it is:

RiSaNicNol---$130-$34616-250-VGC-Sep-0/15, 0/16, 500/17, 250/18- sent 4/3, passed 4/17

Thanks all, I was mentally prepared because it was taking so long. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Sorry. It stinks that they can't let us know so we can have a back up. I have been following the listings and would love to be able to jump on one if I thought the mouse was going to take my contract. Wish they could have a status indicator on a website.... where it says 'pass' as soon as it passes but also goes into a yellow 'might get taken' range if the mouse wants to consider it. Then it moves to red 'taken' as soon as it's taken or green 'pass' as soon as it's passed on.

The suspense is killing me. Maybe I'll end up with a similar scenario as @PaintsWithAllTheColors as my contract is also with dvcmagicresales. A blessing in disguise haha. First contract and I already feel the fatigue of the process. I guess I don't like the uncertainty of it all. If and when this closes its going to be slim pickings for my planned vacation in November. I will be happy though if I can at least get a few days at AKV. Airfare is a whole other issue. Around $200 RT is a good price to me and everything is closer to $300 right now. Dates are just outside of Southwest's booking window so will have to wait a bit longer to see what their pricing will be like.

It has been very quiet...I keep checking to see what has come in. I really need to be stalking the e-stoppel thread but I just love seeing when a good deal goes through!!!

You paid a lot less than if you'd bought direct. 100 pt. AKV contracts aren't that common, I think the minimum buy in for new members there was 160 for a long time, hence you see a lot of 160 pt. contracts at AKV.
My first contract is at AKV & I love the resort & you can really stretch those points w/ the value studios.
After 'shopping' for a couple of years for the contract I just bought I paid what I thought was a fair amount. While we were in ROFR some one posted here that they were paying $10 less per point than I paid for a similar size contract, yikes! But I needed to match my use year & having looked for so long I was happy w/ my price.

IDK when they started sales many existing members did 50 pt addons (enough for 5 days value studio low season).

MagicKingdomMommy80---$88-$14867-150-BWV-Aug-0/15, 13/16, 150/17, 150/18- sent 3/27 - taken 4/25

Aw, sorry, stinks, especially since they took so long on it.

BLT contracts seem to be skyrocketing.
i think its supply and demand. My broker said this time of year the number of contracts sometimes decrease as potential sellers decide they might want to use their points a bit longer after all.

Thank you!

Also, I did another rookie error: not reading the instruction well. I think I suppose to add the passing date at the end? So, here it is:

RiSaNicNol---$130-$34616-250-VGC-Sep-0/15, 0/16, 500/17, 250/18- sent 4/3, passed 4/17
Very nice. Congratulations!

Kelleia1a---$115-$24539-200-VGF-Apr-0/16, 155/17, 200/18- sent 4/25

Wow! Great price. I had sellers that wouldn't even answer me with my $125 starting offer. I hope this one makes it through for you.

BLT contracts seem to be skyrocketing.

I also heard that the prices drop as the end of the year approaches because there is an explosion of available contracts with the MF's coming due in Jan/Feb, and people don't want to pay them. With BLT at $115+ per point, I would just get some VGF points, but that's coming from a VGF aficionado and owner. I'm sure the BLT owners would disagree. ;)

Someone just got a stripped BLT for $102!! posted on the Facebook page...

I saw that as well on the FB page. Considering a contract for $119pp was taken recently, and this $102pp passed, it goes to show that you shouldn't bet on the price per point being the only deciding factor. Don't overpay just to get it because they may take it anyway. Pay what you think it is worth. Better yet, wait until there is more to choose from at the end of the year and get a better deal! Just my 2 cents.

Also, ROFR goes a lot quicker later in the Fall. Goes from a 3 month process to a 1-1/2 to 2 month process to buy resale........ usually.

Thank you all for letting me lurk. Data and numbers are important to my decision making processes and I had become comfortable with the large expenditure. I am curious for the long time watchers commenting on the seasonal flux of availability and thus increase in price. Has this dissuaded you from purchasing until Dec/Jan?

Someone just got a stripped BLT for $102!! posted on the Facebook page...
This sounds like a page I should be watching as well. Can you tell me the name of that page/group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter