• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
$102- $22,136.00- 200 - BWV- Dec- 200/14, 200/15, 200/16- sent March 24 - Waiting.

BW contract sent back as the contract did not have banked points. Cancelled contract as seller would not negotiate for value of banked points.
I've got this already on there :)

My resale was submitted 3/13. Shortly thereafter, I found this forum, and saw all of the BLT that had been taken back the month prior. I already have VGF hat I purchased 2 years ago. I decided that Disney was probably going to take back my BLT resale, so I called Disney and started talking about buying Poly. As you've al said-they had all of my info when I called, they know all of our names, and info. Imagine my shock-my resale passed on 4/6 at a really good price.

It has more to do with Unit Number (according to a former guide who now sells resale) than most anything else. Just my opinion but I don't see big data or spending habits factoring into this particular calculation
To quote...
"That seemingly useless number attached to the Deed that sometimes owners don't think much about. Sometimes Disney is looking for certain unit numbers for certain resorts, and that can also be a deciding factor in the ROFR process . Whether they need specific unit numbers for breaking apart large contracts, restructuring point totals, room allotment or who knows what , apparently the Deed Unit Number has more effect on the ROFR process than some of us may think , or even have thought about before."

Disney has to obey certain laws - and my understanding in researching this is that taking points (which in and of themselves are an arbitrary Disney invention) from many different unit numbers and tossing them all together to make a direct contract with another unit number for a sold out resort cannot be done. If Disney has unit number XXX at BLT with 70 points, and a prospective buyer wants to buy 150 BLT points, then Disney needs to "take" a contract for at least 80 points with that unit number of XXX at BLT. At least that is my understanding, but perhaps someone has other info.

It has more to do with Unit Number (according to a former guide who now sells resale) than most anything else. Just my opinion but I don't see big data or spending habits factoring into this particular calculation
To quote...
"That seemingly useless number attached to the Deed that sometimes owners don't think much about. Sometimes Disney is looking for certain unit numbers for certain resorts, and that can also be a deciding factor in the ROFR process . Whether they need specific unit numbers for breaking apart large contracts, restructuring point totals, room allotment or who knows what , apparently the Deed Unit Number has more effect on the ROFR process than some of us may think , or even have thought about before."

Disney has to obey certain laws - and my understanding in researching this is that taking points (which in and of themselves are an arbitrary Disney invention) from many different unit numbers and tossing them all together to make a direct contract with another unit number for a sold out resort cannot be done. If Disney has unit number XXX at BLT with 70 points, and a prospective buyer wants to buy 150 BLT points, then Disney needs to "take" a contract for at least 80 points with that unit number of XXX at BLT. At least that is my understanding, but perhaps someone has other info.

This is 100% true and has been mentioned on previous threads; however, I'm so glad you posted this information, as the current people reading this thread are not the ones who discussed it before :)! Thanks!

We missed becoming "real members" by nine days (will we hear "Welcome Home, squatter"? :P ), but we're still thrilled and hopeful.

Hope I get this right:

Griswel --- $89-$15706-160-AKV-DEC-17/15, 304/16, 160/17 -sent 4/13!!!

We have plans for AKV next July requiring 311 points, but my wife and I expect to be in WDW Dec/Jan/Feb most trips, so this was ideal.

Specifics, in case I messed up the calculation:

Price: $14,240

Price per Point: $89

Points Available: There are 17 points from Dec. 2015 (1 point banked from Dec. 2015 & 16 points were borrowed from Dec. 2016) + 304 points coming Dec. 2016 (160 points were banked from Dec. 2015 & 144 points are from Dec. 2016) + 160 points coming Dec. 2017

Closing Costs (does not include lender fees): $541

Annual Dues: Buyer pays the 2016 Annual Dues on 144 points ($925)

Oh Boy!

LISRAREF- $19,788-210-AKL-SEP- 14/15, 210/16, 210/17- Sent 3/17

Passed 4/13

So happy we got through this time with the policy change. Luckily we were in by the deadline so we won't lose the "perks". That would of been a big hit to us but still wouldn't of been a deal breaker.... We're just two Disney nuts who have a little one now to poison with Disney love ...... Now to wait for estoppel/closing docs....

Passed 4/13. I can give you the whole quote later. Doesn't work on my mobile

JEaley---$81-$11,209-130-SSR-Apr-9/16, 130/17, 130/18- sent 3/17 Passed 4/13

Good Luck Everyone still waiting. Hopefully we'll meet again in the next thread and its run as well as pangyal runs this one.

Last edited:

Good Luck Everyone still waiting. Hopefully we'll meet again in the next thread and its run as well as pangyal runs this one.
congrats.. makes me happy seeing these SSR's passing...

Passed 4/13

So happy we got through this time with the policy change. Luckily we were in by the deadline so we won't lose the "perks". That would of been a big hit to us but still wouldn't of been a deal breaker.... We're just two Disney nuts who have a little one now to poison with Disney love ...... Now to wait for estoppel/closing docs....
Congratulations!!!

We missed becoming "real members" by nine days (will we hear "Welcome Home, squatter"? :P ), but we're still thrilled and hopeful.

Hope I get this right:

Griswel --- $89-$15706-160-AKV-DEC-17/15, 304/16, 160/17 -sent 4/13!!!

We have plans for AKV next July requiring 311 points, but my wife and I expect to be in WDW Dec/Jan/Feb most trips, so this was ideal.

Specifics, in case I messed up the calculation:

Price: $14,240

Price per Point: $89

Points Available: There are 17 points from Dec. 2015 (1 point banked from Dec. 2015 & 16 points were borrowed from Dec. 2016) + 304 points coming Dec. 2016 (160 points were banked from Dec. 2015 & 144 points are from Dec. 2016) + 160 points coming Dec. 2017

Closing Costs (does not include lender fees): $541

Annual Dues: Buyer pays the 2016 Annual Dues on 144 points ($925)

Oh Boy!
That is wonderfully thorough, thank you :p!

Best of luck and :welcome:!!!

P

Passed 4/13

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :flower:

YAY!!! Congrats :flower1:!!!

Nobody runs the Estoppel thread, it's a Wild West lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter