ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you luck and I hope you get it, but I would start looking for another one. I give it a 0.001% chance of passing. But sometimes the mouse does stranger things. Lot of AKV being taken at much higher prices.
That would be a great price. Sending pixie dust your way. Hope it passes and you here Welcome Home Soon!

My AKV contract was taken today. Not a surprise but still sad.

David K.---$102-$22356-200-AKV-Sep-0/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 4/12, taken 5/8
So sorry. I'm surprised by how many they are taking this month and last month these were passing.

Here I am at day 28 and still waiting. This has been so much fun (sarcastic tone added). I feel like someone at Disney must be saying...”Bahahahahaha if we wait one more day to give her the “taken” email she will really go crazy and just buy direct.”

First time I have ever been upset about not spending 50K! I fixed my post :-) Still in mourning. It was a long weekend lol
Assuming this would’ve been a first contract, I actually think you dodged a bullet. If you ever decided DVC wasn’t fitting in with your lifestyle anymore, selling a beast of a contract like that would’ve been a challenge.

Stories are abound of buyers eventually finding the perfect contract after getting one taken. I’m sure you’ll find a happy home (or homes?) for your $50K.

Thought I'd post this in case the information is helpful. Not totally surprised that it was taken, but disappointed nonetheless. The hunt goes on . . .

evenstephen---$107-$13465-120-AKV-Dec-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 120/19- sent 3/16, taken 4/6
So sorry. This being a stripped contract I would have thought you were safe

wfishy5---$89-$25724-270-SSR-Mar-0/17, 174/18, 270/19, 270/20- sent 4/13

Still waiting... My wife is hoping it gets taken so we can get more points!
This is almost identical to our contract, submitted end of April. $89pp at SSR but we have 300 points. GOOD LUCK :)

MickeyReeds---$135-$23333-160-BLT-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 4/16, passed 5/7

Doing the happy dance tonight! Just heard from our broker! We were starting to get worried it was going to be snatched by the mouse! We are excited to be part of the club!

Welcome to the BLT family and we have the same use year!:cool1:

I bought one last year through DVC Magic. At that time they used First Reliable Transfers and I had to submit a deposit at contract/rofr submission. I recently passed rofr on one through Vacatia and they also used FRT and did not ask for the deposit until after rofr was passed. I have also noticed a lot of the identical properties for sale appear on both the Vacatia and DVC Magic (same resort, UY, point value, and point status). So they may be affiliated.

When I called yesterday to inquire about deposit, the agent said the title/closing will be handled by an attorney. I was a bit surprised. On this thread, I've only seen names of actual title companies (First Reliable, Magic Transfers). Should I be worried? Is this unusual?

When I called yesterday to inquire about deposit, the agent said the title/closing will be handled by an attorney. I was a bit surprised. On this thread, I've only seen names of actual title companies (First Reliable, Magic Transfers). Should I be worried? Is this unusual?

It doesn't matter, really, although it's ultimately your choice. If you prefer a certain title company, just let the broker know so they can update the contract accordingly.

If your attorney is Jeffrey C. Sweet, his office handles a lot of DVC closings. My experience with his office was great; offer to close in just over three weeks on an international transaction.

Reneedisnerd---$80-$13453-150-OKW-Mar-0/17, 150/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 4/11

Second time we have gotten to this point. First one (AKV) was taken after 21 ways in ROFR. We aren’t in a big rush as we aren’t planning on another WDW trip until Dec of 2019 but I am not very good at waiting.

Taken 5/9 and totally expected. Already got the ball rolling on the next one and will post when we start ROFR.

Last edited:

Mine is being closed by Jeffrey Sweet, but I did have to pay a 10% deposit before it was sent for ROFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter