• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with ROFR, but I am really struggling on deciding whether or not it really matters if the UY is the same IF we are planning on 2 different resorts. We have a contract right now that has not been through ROFR 'yet', which is our FIRST contract YAY (I hope pixiedust:pixiedust:) and we are looking at doing another contract at a different resort but wasn't sure if we should stick with same UY or if it's really no big deal to be a different UY (as long as I put reminders on my phone and keep my spreadsheet up-to-date). The one we have under contract is the beginning of the year and I was thinking either matching that (not a lot of options right now) OR just going with another UY in the Fall. Another thing was, should we look into a 75 contract direct to get the benefits OR just get more points. We live in FL and would be AP so I think the only thing we wouldn't be able to take part of that is "free" would be moonlight event and EP lounge right?

It's really so much more simple to keep things in the same UY. It isn't so much about banking windows but about the ability to use the contracts together at 7 months and less. It can be a real pain if you want to do that but have 2 different UY's. If you never ever would do that then it's not so bad but I'd still recommend just trying to stick with 1 UY.

And direct in your case? Can't really see any reason for it. You get the AP discount which is the benefit with the most value. The rest is fluff that can (and probably will) go away at some point.

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with ROFR, but I am really struggling on deciding whether or not it really matters if the UY is the same IF we are planning on 2 different resorts. We have a contract right now that has not been through ROFR 'yet', which is our FIRST contract YAY (I hope pixiedust:pixiedust:) and we are looking at doing another contract at a different resort but wasn't sure if we should stick with same UY or if it's really no big deal to be a different UY (as long as I put reminders on my phone and keep my spreadsheet up-to-date). The one we have under contract is the beginning of the year and I was thinking either matching that (not a lot of options right now) OR just going with another UY in the Fall. Another thing was, should we look into a 75 contract direct to get the benefits OR just get more points. We live in FL and would be AP so I think the only thing we wouldn't be able to take part of that is "free" would be moonlight event and EP lounge right?

Owning 2 UY’s with 2 different resorts is fine if you’re an organized person. If not, I wouldn’t recommend it. Regarding direct points, the biggest savings comes in the form of the AP’s. You already have access to that as a FL resident. I would vote “No” on direct points for your situation. Go resale and save your money.

Thinking of submitting a lowball offer myself… This waiting is killing me.

What's the worst thing that could happen - we'll have to go to Disney world more often…? lol what a first world problem.
After reading yours and Texas’s idea of lowballing I decided to give it a go... eh I got knocked down! But it was fun trying... still waiting on my original offer sent out to ROFR on 4/15 — no reply as of yet!

We have a large contract (350 pts) that we bought that has a different UY. We figured it was large enough to handle booking a 2 bedroom for a week on its own w/o having to worry about transferring between contracts.

DaveNan---$100-$17755-160-AKV-Dec-152/17, 160/18, 160/19-International Seller- sent 4/18, passed 5/8

Passed at day 20!! Now I have 2 in closing and will be taking some time off of buying. Unless of course that ideal contract shows up as I tell my DW. :cool1:
Great deal! So... I always hear conflicting stories of fees and such with international sellers. What’s the real deal with buying international? What did they tell you?

I'm also interested in finding out what the difference is when buying from an international seller.

Not a lot. We bought from one last year. They have to pay a tax on the sale, but the Title company handles it. Just make sure you are only dealing with a title company or attorney that is used to handling it, and it'll go fine. They withhold the 15% mandatory tax from the sale and send it to the IRS. Otherwise, you can be on the hook for the taxes as the American citizen. This is why a good title company/attorney is so important. Now, the sellers getting the docs notarized can be a pain. Our sellers were Japanese, and they had to make an appointment with the American Embassy in Japan to get them notarized. In our case, the appointment was 2 weeks out from when they got the closing docs. Sometimes Canadians just drive across the border to do it in the US. We went from offer to points in account in less than 3 months which was faster than my first purchase where the sellers lived in upstate NY!

Regarding the likelihood of Disney to take back by ROFR, Disney doesn't care if the sellers are international. You aren't more likely to make it through because you had an international seller. They are very used to dealing with these and will take them just the same using their own title company to handle it all.

wfishy5---$89-$25724-270-SSR-Mar-0/17, 174/18, 270/19- sent 4/13, taken 5/9

I figured this was coming. Back to the drawing board!

I'm also interested in finding out what the difference is when buying from an international seller.
I agree with texaschick123 about international seller. We are currently in the process of buying from a seller in Japan. In terms of cost there is no difference to the buyer. However, the time frame is longer. When the offer was made via e-mail everything was quick and the sellers returned the offer in a day. However, now that we are going to closing the sellers needed make an appointment with the American Embassy and that takes awhile. We received the closing documents on April 26 and the sellers could not get an appointment until May 14 just to give you an idea of the additional time it takes.

TexasChick123---$135-$21743-150-BLT-Jun-0/17, 156/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 4/30

More than I wanted to spend per point, but it has all the points coming on. We blew through our 200 BLT points in no time at all, so we knew an add-on was coming. I wish I could’ve gotten it for less than $130pp, but no sellers would budge on even the stripped ones for anything under 200 points. I tried for 3 months!

Texas - 2 June BLT contracts, 200 pts, $124, stripped until 2019 just added on DVC Sales website...I know you like a deal!

Texas - June BLT, 200 pts, $124, stripped until 2019 just added on DVC Sales website...I know you like a deal!

Thanks. I saw those yesterday. It is too many points for us, but I think someone is going to get a good deal on those. I'm glad they are taking into account that there are no 2018 points with their listing price! Whomever buys these is definitely getting a deal at today's prices.

Thanks. I saw those yesterday. It is too many points for us, but I think someone is going to get a good deal on those. I'm glad they are taking into account that there are no 2018 points with their listing price! Whomever buys these is definitely getting a deal at today's prices.
Think it’ll pass??

Think it’ll pass??

Hard to say. At $124pp, I think it has a much better chance than $120pp which really stinks that we are all basically discouraged from getting a good deal because of how aggressive they've been with ROFR. I know that I have been on the WL for June BLT points for 1-2 months (sorry I can't remember exactly when I went on it), and I still haven't gotten the call that my 50 points are available. Obviously, with my current contract pending, I am going to abandon direct, but I just wanted the option of direct if it happened.

Back to the original question, I honestly have no idea. Some have passed at/near that price, and some haven't. Since the prices have been so high lately, we just don't have a ton of data points on contracts like these lately.

Hard to say. At $124pp, I think it has a much better chance than $120pp which really stinks that we are all basically discouraged from getting a good deal because of how aggressive they've been with ROFR. I know that I have been on the WL for June BLT points for 1-2 months (sorry I can't remember exactly when I went on it), and I still haven't gotten the call that my 50 points are available. Obviously, with my current contract pending, I am going to abandon direct, but I just wanted the option of direct if it happened.

Back to the original question, I honestly have no idea. Some have passed at/near that price, and some haven't. Since the prices have been so high lately, we just don't have a ton of data points on contracts like these lately.
Yeah... I’ve been keeping my eye on Poly although hubby says we’re done. Doesn’t seem like they are taking Poly from what we see right? Which confuses me.. with the price increase to $220 direct id think they’d be buying points up bc of the big margin. Unless purchases have stopped due to the increase?? Wonder what the lowest is that could sneak through

I'm sorry they took this. When will they have enough March SSR points?!?

I wonder if the recent hikes in price combined with needing 75 points to get perks now has resulted in Disney seeing a lot of demand for the "cheaper" point resorts as folks want to get 75pts direct as cheaply as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter