ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original
Tiffany H---$135-$23595-170-BLT-Mar-0/18, 0/19, 170/20, 170/21- sent 3/8

Revised (I learned it was actually sent on 3/7)
Tiffany H---$135-$23595-170-BLT-Mar-0/18, 0/19, 170/20, 170/21- sent 3/7, taken 4/24

48 days.

Six weeks. Finally got notice they took it.

I’m sorry they took it. Disney seems to drag their feet at every step to actively discourage resales. The ROFR wait times are beyond unreasonable. SIX WEEKS!

DVC is a timeshare; it will be there later if you want to try again.
But you are going to Disney in two days, right !?! Enjoy!

Original
Tiffany H---$135-$23595-170-BLT-Mar-0/18, 0/19, 170/20, 170/21- sent 3/8

Revised (I learned it was actually sent on 3/7)
Tiffany H---$135-$23595-170-BLT-Mar-0/18, 0/19, 170/20, 170/21- sent 3/7, taken 4/24

48 days.

Sorry yours was taken, too. That would have been a nice deal at BLT.

Anyone else ever had problems getting a response from a seller on an offer? I sent an offer in last Friday and still haven't heard whether or not the seller has accepted. The website did say that they sent the offer to the seller and they were just waiting to hear back.

Anyone else ever had problems getting a response from a seller on an offer? I sent an offer in last Friday and still haven't heard whether or not the seller has accepted. The website did say that they sent the offer to the seller and they were just waiting to hear back.

Get on the phone with your broker; it’s their job. Perhaps the owner is overseas or could be rethinking the listing.

The most I’ve had is one day.

Consider retracting your offer; there will always be a better deal.

Good luck.

People do take vacations that might leave them unavailable for immediate contact. That’s happened. If there’s another contract you’d like to move on to just let the broker know that you are doing so or set a deadline like 24 hours and if you haven’t head by then that you are withdrawing your offer.

What broker are you using? I put in an offer with Fidelity on Monday and didn't hear back until this morning that it was accepted. Now I'm waiting for the contract to be sent to me. Last time I bought (3+ years ago) everything was done same day which is making this feel way longer to me.

Sorry to the latest folks who had contracts taken! We were in that boat a few weeks ago; we didn't take it as a sign about adding on. I figure either I can try to get a deal and know Disney might take it, or offer the safest higher amount and be relatively sure it will pass. After ours was taken, we reassessed what resort we wanted to buy. If there are other contracts out there you are interested in, keep trying. We'll be here to make the wait a tiny bit more magical!

DVC magic resales but I am likely just gonna retract my offer, it's getting ridiculous
5-6 days is pretty long to wait. Hope you find the next best contract for you out there!

DVC magic resales but I am likely just gonna retract my offer, it's getting ridiculous

I’m in a similar situation with them now. Submitted an offer, didn’t hear anything for two days then got an email that it was accepted. This was last Thursday - 7 days later now and they haven’t been able to get in contact with the seller since it was accepted (supposedly). Hope we’re not going after the same one!

I’m sorry they took it. Disney seems to drag their feet at every step to actively discourage resales. The ROFR wait times are beyond unreasonable. SIX WEEKS!

DVC is a timeshare; it will be there later if you want to try again.
But you are going to Disney in two days, right !?! Enjoy!

We are leaving tomorrow! Woo hoo!!! I think we've decided not to do the annual passes we were planning on if we had passed.

I'm definitely already looking at contracts. Since our contract got taken, I really am not sold on SSR. We've never stayed there - but we are used to moderate so my original approach had been anything DVC would be good and I had been offering at AKV and SSR - this was the first that accepted without counter. I'm ALSO not sure how much I care about August use year. THERE ARE SO MANY VARIABLES IT'S INSANE and I'm losing my mind. :)

I'm just trying to figure out if we would be able to book a 2BR around January 20th inside the 7 month window - assuming we pass - or if I should postpone our planned trip... It's not like staying at moderates or Pop is completely off the table either. Meh. When did Disney get so complicated?

Sigh.

Thanks for letting me word-vomit in this post. :)

After 43 days of waiting, mine was also taken.

Shannon G---$115-$18911-150-BWV-Dec-0/17, 5/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/12, taken 4/25

We are leaving tomorrow! Woo hoo!!! I think we've decided not to do the annual passes we were planning on if we had passed.

I'm definitely already looking at contracts. Since our contract got taken, I really am not sold on SSR. We've never stayed there - but we are used to moderate so my original approach had been anything DVC would be good and I had been offering at AKV and SSR - this was the first that accepted without counter. I'm ALSO not sure how much I care about August use year. THERE ARE SO MANY VARIABLES IT'S INSANE and I'm losing my mind. :)

I'm just trying to figure out if we would be able to book a 2BR around January 20th inside the 7 month window - assuming we pass - or if I should postpone our planned trip... It's not like staying at moderates or Pop is completely off the table either. Meh. When did Disney get so complicated?

Sigh.

Thanks for letting me word-vomit in this post. :)

FWIW, we own at SSR and think its great. And, it's next on the major renovation / refurbishment...starting this year.....with the Murphy beds being added. We like the short walk (sure, its all relative) or short boat ferry to Disney Springs. It's nice to get away from the sensory overload of the parks.

Then again, we also own at Animal Kingdom. When we stay there we stay for the animals...we find it very and immediately relaxing. We don't find the bus ride from Jambo or Kidani to any of the parts that much longer than from any other resort (some folks find the ride too long......for us, if we have to wait for a bus then we have to wait for a bus and it doesn't matter if the bus ride is 10 minutes or 20 minutes).

We own at Boardwalk.....a small direct contract to get the direct DVC member ship benefits (really like the AP discount which, sure, can always change). We like staying there when we go for the Food & Wine festival. Yet, we do find it not quite as relaxing as the other two, yet we like the convenience of walking to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

All three resorts are similarly priced and affordable for us both in terms of the ppt for a resale contract as well as number of points for a stay. Yet, Boardwalk only has 24-ish years left while the other two are longer contracts so we won't be buying any more at Boardwalk. Our only 'expensive' DVC we just purchased resale...............75 point contract to Poly as a guilty pleasure (sure, all of Disney is a guilty pleasure :) ). We plan to stay there every other year-ish. We really like the theme-ing and find the quiet pool area relaxing....especially now that it has its own bar! And, sure, we are looking forward to the nightly fireworks from Magic Kingdom and the electric floating parade. And, yes, like we can walk to the monorail to Epcot; don't do Magic Kingdom that much any more but like how we can take the monorail to Grand Floridian and Contemporary as we have favorite restaurants at each of those.

Bottom line; if you are going to buy DVC, buy where you want to stay and that's within your budget. I agree on Use Year; it doesn't really matter to us. We have two and just to keep things simple for us we are staying in those two Use Years for any future contracts should there be more DVC contracts in our future.

Hope this helps!

I'm so sorry again to those who have waited so long for bad news. I confess, I am intrigued by this whole idea of the connection between the closing date on the contract and the resulting possibility of a long wait for ROFR, or whether there is no connection at all.

Would those who waited extended times mind posting what the estimated closing date was per your contracts? I'm trying to get a handle on why wait times are so long and whether it really is that they put later closings at the bottom.

I considered adding closing date per contract to the string, but the problem there is that I believe that this slowdown/ backlog is a temporary thing and that those data points would be unhelpful at best when looking at the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter