ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally heard back, apparently the seller had already sold the contract and did not tell the website, back to the listings search
Already sold it? Meaning it was listed on more than one DVC resale broker web site?

I'm getting off topic, and I don't mean to be harsh, but as someone who pays fairly close attention to these things - this guy is not credible. It's pretty wild speculation on his part. His expansion map is nothing more than implausible fan-fiction.

Ok

It's on the contract but it's just blank without any date or explanation - just nothing... Other contracts from other brokers had details nicely spelled out and were easy to read. We just closed on two other contracts in January 2019 and here it was February and I blew it in allowing it to go with no dates - again, complacency on my part.

Both of your comments made me go look at the three contracts (w/ three different resale companies) we executed. None had any mention of an effective date. They said:

This contract shall be closed:
  • on or before October 22, 2018, or within two weeks of the title company's receipt of estoppel unless extended by the closing agent with good cause or other provisions of the contract.
  • on or before January 28, 2019 unless extended by the closing agency or other provisions of the contract.
  • on or before March 8, 2019 or within 45 days from when the estoppel information is provided by Disney to the closing company, unless extended by other provisions of the contract.

I'm getting off topic, and I don't mean to be harsh, but as someone who pays fairly close attention to these things - this guy is not credible. It's pretty wild speculation on his part. His expansion map is nothing more than implausible fan-fiction.

Wait a minute! You mean I can’t believe everything I read on the internet? I was so looking forward to Luke stepping out of the shower to find Ep.8 was all a dream too! :darth:

Wait a minute! You mean I can’t believe everything I read on the internet? I was so looking forward to Luke stepping out of the shower to find Ep.8 was all a dream too! :darth:

I'll just say that not even Disney could stretch Gondolas flying over Andy's backyard and Sunset Boulevard as a thematic fit :D

After 43 days of waiting, mine was also taken.

Shannon G---$115-$18911-150-BWV-Dec-0/17, 5/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/12, taken 4/25

I had a boardwalk, 150 loaded, $107 per point sent the same day as yours and I passed in 12 days, it was an international seller, so I'm thinking that is definitely the key, sorry to hear and keep looking.

I remember your contract. You definitely got a great one! I was about to make an offer on another BWV with an international seller, but it was snatched up. Hopefully I’ll find another one soon.

Finally posting our new offer! The seller accepted 9 days ago, but they had some issue getting the contract signed.
We found out our OKW resale was taken in ROFR while on vacation at the Poly a couple weeks ago. As much as our family loves the Poly, I just couldn't justify the per point price, when we could own at OKW, SSR, or others for less. But after having that taken, and another wonderful Poly stay, I was thinking more about buying Poly. The price for the length of the contract started to sway me, and I was able to convince the logical side of my brain to let the heart win. Which side really won and how much did I justify what I wanted to myself? Who's to say? :teacher:

princessbride6205---$145-$15951-100-PVB-Oct-0/18, 200/19, 100/20- sent 4/25

After 43 days of waiting, mine was also taken.

Shannon G---$115-$18911-150-BWV-Dec-0/17, 5/18, 150/19, 150/20- sent 3/12, taken 4/25

I had a boardwalk, 150 loaded, $107 per point sent the same day as yours and I passed in 12 days, it was an international seller, so I'm thinking that is definitely the key, sorry to hear and keep looking.
They do not generally have problems with international sellers...they buy those back too. So, you should be even happier that yours passed :)!

Bebec22---$135-$25453-175-BLT-Feb-0/18, 175/19, 175/20- sent 2/26, taken 4/8

Closing date 4/22, Timeshare Store. Found out it was taken exactly 2 weeks before the closing date on the contract after 41 days of waiting.

These are the types of situations that make me wonder. If your contract had passed, would you have been within your rights to push the usually molasses-speed title companies to get the estoppel and closing papers within that two week period? Or was that never going to be an issue, because after that long, it’s going to be as good as taken?

I don’t have the answers, just tossing questions around because I’m genuinely curious :)

$85.5-$3402-30-OKW-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 60/19, 30/20- sent 2/19, passed 4/23 International Seller

FINALLY! This is Day 64 so don't anyone give up hope that you may pass... I didn't get any explanation, though of course, I asked, other than the fact that it was so far past a reasonable ROFR. Persistence and yes, patience. Good luck to all those waiting for news and many thanks for support! pixiedust:

Following my particular rabbit hole at the moment...can you let us know whether your title company has made any strides or at least communicated with you regarding what will happen now that you have missed the closing date on your contract? Are they going to expedite anything, is Disney going to provide estoppel immediately, that sort of thing? If you don’t mind my asking :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter