ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice. Sure, I'm worried about my $98 / point SSR DEC contract sent two days ago.....but what the heck.

SSR is a great resort for relaxing, decompressing from the sensory overload of the Parks, and short walk / boat to Disney Springs and its great restaurants.

Congrats!

Following my particular rabbit hole at the moment...can you let us know whether your title company has made any strides or at least communicated with you regarding what will happen now that you have missed the closing date on your contract? Are they going to expedite anything, is Disney going to provide estoppel immediately, that sort of thing? If you don’t mind my asking :flower3:
I received closing documents late yesterday afternoon from closing company (I've dealt with them before and requested them) and had a check in the mail before noon today (before someone changed their mind). The broker has not been in communication with me since a call stating we got through ROFR. Communication in general has been difficult with this broker and only when initiated by me and totally ignored several times along the way.

In contrast, I have had an email, follow up phone call and several hand written note cards from Willie at resales.DVC and spoken with the owner several times...night and day exceptional service! I feel the same about Scottie at DVC Resale Market as he's told me to call him "any time" with questions regarding anything about DVC. He's fantastic too. These were recent transactions this calendar year and I had phone calls and emails updating me at every significant time in the process.

Goodness - I hope someone can get a handle on these long ROFR's! Thank you for trying!

Not very surprising but... Carli_h---$80-$28720-350-SSR-Dec-134/18, 9/19, 350/20-‘18 PST- sent 3/22, taken 4/26

Only 35 days from being sent to Disney. I am surprised that it wasn’t too long a wait as the closing was 6 June.

Now have to decide what to do next.

Not very surprising but... Carli_h---$80-$28720-350-SSR-Dec-134/18, 9/19, 350/20-‘18 PST- sent 3/22, taken 4/26

Only 35 days from being sent to Disney. I am surprised that it wasn’t too long a wait as the closing was 6 June.

Now have to decide what to do next.

Man, that would have been an outstanding contract at that price. Sad for you.

Soniabel---$98-$12265-120-SSR-Mar-0/18, 120/19, 120/20- sent 3/19, taken 4/26

Boo Hoo. First attempt did not succeed so I guess we will have to try again!

Man, that would have been an outstanding contract at that price. Sad for you.

Thanks. It was always an outside chance. The seller kept dropping the price and there were holding points. We ended up helping Disney get a steal.

Does anyone have any idea on why no ROFR info exists for Polynesian? Is it just still so new that DVC has a surplus of points unsold and has been waiving all the ROFR for those resale contracts?

katandmouse---$144-$23405-150-BCV-Feb-0/18, 300/19, 150/20- sent 4/7, passed 4/26

Long time lurker, first time poster, and soon to be owner!

I didn’t think the ROFR wait would bother me, but I was getting antsy - and it’s only been 19 days. I hope everyone who’s been waiting longer hears soon. It seems like a lot of people got news today, so maybe the backlog is finally moving along?

Oh, and our closing date is June 6.

Bearrister---$145-$27716-175-PVB-Oct-0/18, 145/19, 175/20- sent 4/9

Hoping for good news! Patiently waiting.

Day 17 and no update yet, but I checked my contract and my closing date is “on or before June 21, 2019, and no earlier than 5/18/19.” So if I understand the ROFR rules correctly Disney has until June 7, 2019 (14 days before closing) to exercise ROFR before it’s considered waived?

Still patiently waiting...

Day 17 and no update yet, but I checked my contract and my closing date is “on or before June 21, 2019, and no earlier than 5/18/19.” So if I understand the ROFR rules correctly Disney has until June 7, 2019 (14 days before closing) to exercise ROFR before it’s considered waived?

Still patiently waiting...

Actually, both Disney and our Broker said Disney has up until the closing date, which would be June 21st. Our Broker followed up to say it’s not Disney’s intention to take up to the closing date, so hopefully they will not.

So, so happy to pass ROFR on our third try for an AKV contract! Overpaid, I'm sure, but didn't want to lose this perfect one!

Grandma Minnie---$119-$14400-125-AKV-June-102/18. 128/19/125/20-sent 4/9, passed 4/26

At least it's fully loaded. The one I just put a contract on is also a June use year (although quite a bit lower than yours) so maybe mine will pass.... if the seller ever gets the contract signed!

Update:

zapple---$144-$8108-50-BWV-Mar-50/18, 50/19, 50/20- sent 4/8, passed 4/26

I changed the sent date, as I found out it was sent on 4/8, not 4/6. As for closing date, my contract says: "This contract shall be closed on or before 6/15/19 unless extended by the Title Company for administrative reasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter