ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecstatic Eeyore---$135-$20945-150-BLT-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 8/20-Seller pays closing- sent 3/19, taken 4/30

Got the phone call today. It’s a bummer but at least I can start looking again.

It’s always difficult to get the news a contract was taken, but it’s especially painful after waiting so long. I’m so sorry, but hope you find a better contract quickly. Based on my personal experience, the disappointment seems to go away within a few hours. Hang in there!

Crazy number of contracts taken these last few weeks. Can I post a tinfoil hat theory?

We now know that DVC reads these forums (from conversations several people had with management over the 2020 reallocation debacle). Is it possible that Disney, in their continued efforts to scare people away from resale, reads this thread and buys back contracts they might otherwise not have?

Doubtful, but since this is among the biggest DVC forums out there a lot of prospective buyers could research here and be scared off by all the buybacks... wouldn't be a bad strategy on their end.

Well that was quick... not the results I wanted... but it was quick. Already on to the next one....

brianilten---$92-$25453-250-OKW-Aug-0/18, 250/19, 250/20- sent 4/12, taken 4/30/19

Well that was quick... not the results I wanted... but it was quick. Already on to the next one....

brianilten---$92-$25453-250-OKW-Aug-0/18, 250/19, 250/20- sent 4/12, taken 4/30/19
Oh boy, my 200 OKW June UY is in ROFR for $92. I am the seller so I win either way. But sorry yours was taken. Good luck with the next one.

Oh boy, my 200 OKW June UY is in ROFR for $92. I am the seller so I win either way. But sorry yours was taken. Good luck with the next one.

Yeah - my gut feeling is that the number of contracts Disney is going to let go through that are under $100/pt are going to be few and far between. The next one we have offered on is at $104/pt. Hopefully that will keep them away.

Heard today: Dan1---$97-$17255-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 4/14, passed 5/1

This was surprisingly quick, especially considering the price per point.

Still haven't heard about our March 18th submitted AKV contract; sure held up by about 10 days for an inadvertent clerical error but still have fingers crossed on that one.

Heard today: Dan1---$97-$17255-160-SSR-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 4/14, passed 5/1

Still haven't heard about our March 18th submitted AKV contract; sure held up by about 10 days for an inadvertent clerical error but still have fingers crossed on that one.
WOW! Congrats and fully loaded too! Maybe they finally got their fill of SSR. Hoping they have their fill of AKV too.

WOW! Congrats and fully loaded too! Maybe they finally got their fill of SSR. Hoping they have their fill of AKV too.
Thanks! This adds to our current 150 point there for some nice future relaxing vacations. With the refurbishment starting soon and including those Murphy beds that Riviera has vs the pullout couches.......and the proximity to Disney Springs (walking or boat).........and with one of the lowest annual maintenance fees.....I do believe this resort will gain in popularity

Thanks! This adds to our current 150 point there for some nice future relaxing vacations. With the refurbishment starting soon and including those Murphy beds that Riviera has vs the pullout couches.......and the proximity to Disney Springs (walking or boat).........and with one of the lowest annual maintenance fees.....I do believe this resort will gain in popularity
off topic but is there a thread somewhere that talks about what they're going to do with the refurb? We ended up going with AKL but if doesn't pass might do SSR it was a hard decision between the 2 for us. Actually did bid on an SSR (fully, completely stripped) that they didn't accept.)

This contract is almost identical to my $95 one that got taken. Now I'm considering just trying $95 again... :P

off topic but is there a thread somewhere that talks about what they're going to do with the refurb? We ended up going with AKL but if doesn't pass might do SSR it was a hard decision between the 2 for us. Actually did bid on an SSR (fully, completely stripped) that they didn't accept.)

Try this: https://www.disboards.com/threads/photos-of-upcoming-ssr-refurb.3738673/

There's also this (scroll down): https://www.disneytouristblog.com/2018-disney-world-hotel-construction-refurbishment-update/

Actually did bid on an SSR (fully, completely stripped) that they didn't accept.)

If my brokers are correct (they used to be DVC sales folks), the Mouse doesn't look at stripped vs unstripped. Primarily they look at re ROFR is price per point.

With a loaded or semi loaded contract it will have a higher price per point which is more likely to pass ROFR (if my brokers are correct) and one ends up with at least some current year points.

Congrats!!! If anyone can figure how and why they decided to pass or take, a lot of people would love to know!

This contract is almost identical to my $95 one that got taken. Now I'm considering just trying $95 again... :P
I think it was yours (or perhaps another SSR contract at $97 that was taken) that started to make me sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter