ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think it's just by weeks. Like last week all AKV was taken and next week it won't be etc. I think it might have a little to do with use year also. Like if the use year sent to them is the current month they won't take it. What was the use year you lost?

December.

I’m flabbergasted! I wish Disney would explain how they decide because they pass a $93 contract but an almost identical one I submitted at $108 gets taken!!! I’m utterly as a loss! Congrats by the way, I’m not bitter, just confused!
I really thought it would have been taken and my agent said the same. This is our first contract, so I was in the mind set of 'if we get then great, if not then we'll try again'.... I'm pretty excited. I didn't even know about this thread until a couple of days ago. I probably never would have offered so low if i'd seen what had passed and what hadn't.

I'm starting to think it's just by weeks. Like last week all AKV was taken and next week it won't be etc. I think it might have a little to do with use year also. Like if the use year sent to them is the current month they won't take it. What was the use year you lost?
I was told that when they buy back they recreate the use year to whatever Disney wants to resale it as.

I was told that when they buy back they recreate the use year to whatever Disney wants to resale it as.
That is a new change in regulations that allows them to do that now. I think it might change how many they buy back if they can adjust them to the years they want.

yes I've heard that too but don't understand how legally. But what do I know. Still seems they tend to take some use years more than others at certain parts of the year.

In the past it’s been speculated that they have certain unit numbers that they try to match for ease of combining for direct sales, so although the new change allowing them to assign a different use year to points they ROFR gives them more flexibility, they still can’t ROFR a contract for .06% of unit 1A (100 points) and combine it w/ .06% of unit 1B (100 points) to sell one 200 point contract to a new direct buyer, for example.

In the past it’s been speculated that they have certain unit numbers that they try to match for ease of combining for direct sales, so although the new change allowing them to assign a different use year to points they ROFR gives them more flexibility, they still can’t ROFR a contract for .06% of unit 1A (100 points) and combine it w/ .06% of unit 1B (100 points) to sell one 200 point contract to a new direct buyer, for example.
They can't combine the points into a single piece of real estate yes. However, what they have done this in the past and offer people two deeds for each to meet what they desire. Other states (not sure on Florida) do allow a single deed to represent ownership in multiple real estate interests. If Florida does allow that, I'm not sure they don't do that but I suspect it is on the IT or backend side of the point management of the system.

yes I've heard that too but don't understand how legally. But what do I know. Still seems they tend to take some use years more than others at certain parts of the year.
I guess the one of the bigger legalities would be the points. Each resort has a certain number of total points which can not change. I guess the UY doesn't matter as much or might not have any legal ties preventing the change. This is interesting because when you look at a deed for a DVC property in one section is list it as a certain percentage of a certain unit of the resort. In a separate section it denotes the UY and points almost separate from the percentage of a unit. I guess DVC is able to buy back properties - they can't change the % of the resort or the amount of points but for some reason they can change the UY. It is interesting -- How does one change a deed on a property? I guess that is essentially what they are doing.

This is certainly a win for anyone who is waiting to buy direct for only a certain UY.

I guess the one of the bigger legalities would be the points. Each resort has a certain number of total points which can not change. I guess the UY doesn't matter as much or might not have any legal ties preventing the change. This is interesting because when you look at a deed for a DVC property in one section is list it as a certain percentage of a certain unit of the resort. In a separate section it denotes the UY and points almost separate from the percentage of a unit. I guess DVC is able to buy back properties - they can't change the % of the resort or the amount of points but for some reason they can change the UY. It is interesting -- How does one change a deed on a property? I guess that is essentially what they are doing.

This is certainly a win for anyone who is waiting to buy direct for only a certain UY.
They aren't changing the deed at all. In that section of the deed it says the UY and number of points mean nothing and are merely for administrative purposes only. It was the resort POS's that were modified to allow this change. There are a few threads on here that discuss this. But the actual physical property is only the % of ownership in a give unit which each unit will always have the exact same number of points in it and this can never change (because of Florida law not the deed). Some resort's POS did limit the same UY in a given unit others did not. By a simple change DVD made all the resorts consistent and to allow the changes of the UY. Really it has no material impact other than allowing DVC to ignore UY when exercising ROFR which is good for owners bad for buyers, because it means DVC would be more likely to go after strictly the cheaper per point costs presented at the time they need points, rather than being limited by the UY. This would drive up prices to a degree.

I’m flabbergasted! I wish Disney would explain how they decide because they pass a $93 contract but an almost identical one I submitted at $108 gets taken!!! I’m utterly as a loss! Congrats by the way, I’m not bitter, just confused!

Enter the drunken monkey.... There is no rhyme or reason that has been discerned re: the decision process at DVD. Having thoroughly watched and evaluated decisions over a long period of time, we still can't see whether the monkey is a bourbon or a scotch drinker... but we can see he has plenty of darts and a very big map of the DVC resorts.

Please remember that your total price MUST include all closing costs, maintenance fees, and other fees that are a part of the total.

Please make sure to use the nifty tool in Post One both to post your Sent and your Results!

Please include the actual date your contract passed or was taken when you report your results. Writing that your contract passed "today" makes it tricky for me to update when I am doing so once per week :)
Troy821---$100-$21886-200-SSR-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 4/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter