ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh....

DavidCa---$142-$23320-160-BLT-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 160/20- sent 4/16, taken 5/5

DavidCa---$104-$17240-160-AKV-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 160/20- sent 4/16, taken 5/5

I was concerned about the AKV, but thought the BLT would go through
I swear they like empty contracts! Thoughts from the experts?

Sorry to hear. I swear the Mouse loves empty contracts. Thoughts from the experts?

Sorry for the double post. Thought it didn’t take the first one. ‍♀️

Sorry to hear. I swear the Mouse loves empty contracts. Thoughts from the experts?

Sorry for the double post. Thought it didn’t take the first one. ‍♀️

They have a pool of points and don't like paying dues... That's my guess anyway. When buyer pays dues that makes a contract ~$7.50 more per point for Disney

I swear they like empty contracts! Thoughts from the experts?

IMO, its not that the Mouse likes empty contracts because the contracts are 'empty'. Its that the Mouse likes low price per point contracts so they spend less money to keep price per point up. Buyers of resales tend to like paying as little price per point regardless if the contract is loaded or empty. Sellers will sell loaded contracts at a higher price per point than empty contracts.

So, if one is able to follow that hurriedly typed logic, if us buyers buy contracts that are not empty, we will pay more per point and have a higher ROFR passing success. Sure our 'investment' total cost is higher but we get more points to use sooner.

Make sense?

IMO, its not that the Mouse likes empty contracts because the contracts are 'empty'. Its that the Mouse likes low price per point contracts so they spend less money to keep price per point up. Buyers of resales tend to like paying as little price per point regardless if the contract is loaded or empty. Sellers will sell loaded contracts at a higher price per point than empty contracts.

So, if one is able to follow that hurriedly typed logic, if us buyers buy contracts that are not empty, we will pay more per point and have a higher ROFR passing success. Sure our 'investment' total cost is higher but we get more points to use sooner.

Make sense?

Yes. That makes a lot of sense!

Make sense?
Totally.

Last edited:
Here's my observation and opinion after watching activity and listing for the past 2 years. I think some brokers deliberately keep the prices low knowing that it will make it easier to get offers. BUT - it means that many, many of these low ball offers will get taken. What that means is that the broker has to do virtually nothing except list the contract because when it gets taken Disney 100% takes over and the broker still gets paid.

To be clear - The Timeshare Store (sponsor here) does not do that at all. They have been wonderful to deal with.

Last edited:

Just saw this. Sorry to hear. Keep looking maybe you will find a better deal.
Thanks! We have a new contract in ROFR. Decided to give up on a "cheap" contract like OKW and buy our favorite resort: PVB.

Dan1---$115-$19399-150-AKV-Dec-150/18, 300/19, 150/20- sent 3/18, passed 5/8

I'd like to thank the academy, and.........to take a line out of Jerry Maquire movie "I'd like to thank the DIS for your constant support and encouragement. I'd like to thank Lori and Mark, my brokers; y'all didn't indicate you got tired my my constant nagging about this contract. I'd like to thank the Arizona Cardinals, um, DVC ROFR folks.....you are little slow but you eventually come around.

OK, now, where's the money I had put aside to pay for this???
I can't believe you waited that long!!!! On a fairly priced contract! And then it passed! Congrats!

Congrats to all who have had contracts go through recently. It seems like the drunken money is sobering up a little and gaining a little more speed too.

Thanks! We have a new contract in ROFR. Decided to give up on a "cheap" contract like OKW and buy our favorite resort: PVB.

I can't believe you waited that long!!!! On a fairly priced contract! And then it passed! Congrats!

We gave up on trying to get a deal too after our AKL was taken. Once we realized what we had to pay to get it to pass, we realized we might as well go for the Poly. I’ve never stayed there but it has always been my dream. We have an offer in ROFR now and I have my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
wfishy5---$96-$17335-175-SSR-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 175/20- sent 4/24, taken 5/8

At least it was taken quickly... Back to the drawing board.

wfishy5---$96-$17335-175-SSR-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 175/20- sent 4/24, taken 5/8

At least it was taken quickly... Back to the drawing board.

Grrrr .... our 150 point DEC UY SSR past two weeks ago at $97 / point

Wonder if that’s the line in the sand now (as much as anything is)?

Grrrr .... our 150 point DEC UY SSR past two weeks ago at $97 / point

Wonder if that’s the line in the sand now (as much as anything is)?
was yours a loaded contract? I think maybe what you said the other day about Disney wanting stripped contracts now might make sense.

MICKIMINI---$135-$9320-65-BWV-Jun-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 65/21-$466 Credit at Close- sent 5/8

Let's hope this one doesn't go to 64 days ROFR!
If this is taken, then it confirms they throw darts at a stack of resales and take the ones the dart hits. Your price is above average for last few months and no points until 21, how can Disney take and resell to someone now if they were on waiting list?

If this is taken, then it confirms they throw darts at a stack of resales and take the ones the dart hits. Your price is above average for last few months and no points until 21, how can Disney take and resell to someone now if they were on waiting list?

This is a very interesting point, can they just throw points on there?? Is that something they have the ability to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter