ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only been looking at BLT contracts - but Fidelity seems to have very low priced contracts (less than $140). Almost nothing below $140 has passed ROFR (with the exception of an international contract). My most recent $143 contract was taken. I personally would not list with them as a seller nor would I expect low offers to get through ROFR as a buyer.

ok. My theory is wrong then. lol I'm sorry your contracts keep getting taken.

It’s all good :).

What was your theory? I’m thinking that the method of payment wouldn’t matter since it doesn’t have anything to do with the actual contract or the time it would take for them to take possession of it, but I’m curious as to what you we’re thinking!

I have only been looking at BLT contracts - but Fidelity seems to have very low priced contracts (less than $140). Almost nothing below $140 has passed ROFR (with the exception of an international contract). My most recent $143 contract was taken. I personally would not list with them as a seller nor would I expect low offers to get through ROFR as a buyer.

I think @chicagoshannon akv from fidelity through ROFR... They definitely seem to be cheaper than average.

The only thing I can think of is if there's something about the seller or the contract where Disney has already passed on it - I recall an AKV contract that passed recently in the 90s. Maybe if it's an international seller + some other situation? Again, just speculation.

They may have some exceptionally low contracts, and a higher volume of them, but they aren’t the only ones. When we bought through the Timeshare Store we offered based on what the agent suggested would likely get through ROFR, and was supported by ROFR reports here and on blogs like DVC Resale Market. When I asked why they had some contracts listed well below that price he recommended we stay above, he said at the end of the day they list it at what the seller wants.

I truly believe people who are desperate to get out, or at least have a strong desire to get out, list them well below, hoping to get snatched up sooner by someone who’s willing to give it a shot in ROFR, or just don’t know the current pass/taken line. Ultimately it doesn’t matter to them where their money comes from, Disney or the offering buyer, either way they get paid. Just my opinion though.

I’m 2 out of 2 passed with them.

First was December 2017... no OKW was taken on our list that quarter. OKW passed from $65-$109. Mine was 2nd lowest at $72.

Second was this month... $85 at Aulani. I understand that Aulani always passes, but still, it was lower than the others that passed this quarter.

Hopefully I’ll have an update soon. Put in for another BLT contract. It was disappointing after we were kept waiting for over a month for the mouse to snatch it away.
It’s like they get to work one day and release their decisions and then go MIA for another week.

I think @chicagoshannon akv from fidelity through ROFR... They definitely seem to be cheaper than average.
yes I passed almost 3 weeks ago now with a $100 per point, 100 point contract. June use year with partial 2019 points still available. So neither loaded nor stripped. As far as I know it isn't an international seller.

It’s all good :).

What was your theory? I’m thinking that the method of payment wouldn’t matter since it doesn’t have anything to do with the actual contract or the time it would take for them to take possession of it, but I’m curious as to what you we’re thinking!

I was thinking maybe if you're financing then Disney is more likely to take it because they don't want to potentially deal with the same contract in a year or two if the buyer defaults. I've only ever paid cash so wasn't sure if you had to submit that you're financing when contract goes to them. Sounds like that isn't the case so theory busted. lol

I wonder if they look at the broker and say this week Fidelity gets to pass, next week Timeshare store etc. And you just have to be lucky to hit the correct week. IDK

^ Ha ha, I haven’t a clue either! All of the ones we have had taken since October have been through Fidelity, btw.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned how some agents could care less if Disney exercises their ROFR. The commission is paid either way and it would definitely seem to be true. On the opposite end of the spectrum are the lowballers who not only ignore the advice given to them by the good agents but also the amazing information presented in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter