ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned how some agents could care less if Disney exercises their ROFR. The commission is paid either way and it would definitely seem to be true. On the opposite end of the spectrum are the lowballers who not only ignore the advice given to them by the good agents but also the amazing information presented in this thread.
Some of the lowballers who ignore advice are just gambling on getting one that will go thru for a few dollars less a point. If they want to make 10 offers in the hopes of saving a few hundred dollars on a contract - well that's their choice. It's not something I would be willing to do - but others are free to do what works for them.

Some of the lowballers who ignore advice are just gambling on getting one that will go thru for a few dollars less a point. If they want to make 10 offers in the hopes of saving a few hundred dollars on a contract - well that's their choice. It's not something I would be willing to do - but others are free to do what works for them.
Some people want to pay what they think the contract is worth NOT what Disney thinks it's worth. When hundreds of contracts go through a year ago in the $90 range it's sort of annoying/ obsurd that you can't get one past for under $105 this year. I don't think it's truly low balling to bid $100 on something listed for $104 for example. Yes, Disney seems to take more and more of those but some get through.

texanlawyer---$141-$14900-100-BLT-Oct-0/18, 125/19, 100/20- sent 4/23, passed 5/29

Given some of the other contracts that were taken, I'm pleasantly surprised that this made it through. I was sure that this would be ROFR'ed, especially since I waited more than 30 days and there were many contracts that were submitted after mine that received a response before me. I was looking at back-up contracts under the assumption that this would be taken. Thankfully I can take a break from stalking the listing sites. I'm probably done adding points after this contract (at least for now).

texanlawyer---$141-$14900-100-BLT-Oct-0/18, 125/19, 100/20- sent 4/23, passed 5/29

Given some of the other contracts that were taken, I'm pleasantly surprised that this made it through. I was sure that this would be ROFR'ed, especially since I waited more than 30 days and there were many contracts that were submitted after mine that received a response before me. I was looking at back-up contracts under the assumption that this would be taken. Thankfully I can take a break from stalking the listing sites. I'm probably done adding points after this contract (at least for now).
Great contract, congratulations!!!

I have an accepted offer in for a loaded 225 point contract at BLT for 139$ and then I read this thread. I think if I truly wanted it I should of went a few bucks higher but am at the point where even if it's ROFR'ed I am ok with it. I definitely though see the math of a few bucks more a point being worth it to seal the deal

I think the stalking is the most fun. Lol

TrlJoe---$161-$34263-200-VGF-Jun-0/18, 200/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 5/4, passed 5/17

Posting late, this was our second attempt.. first contact was taken (was too low) We got our closing docs on 5/23 and sent them back yesterday , Now waiting to close, we used DVC Resale Market and Magic Vacation Title.🎉
Congratulations! 🍾🎉🎊🎈 I know you have many happy vacations ahead of you!!

I have an accepted offer in for a loaded 225 point contract at BLT for 139$ and then I read this thread. I think if I truly wanted it I should of went a few bucks higher but am at the point where even if it's ROFR'ed I am ok with it. I definitely though see the math of a few bucks more a point being worth it to seal the deal

I think the stalking is the most fun. Lol

I completely agree on the stalking being the most fun. I have a ton of tabs open in my browser for each of the listing sites that I keep refreshing. My laptop will probably run faster once I close all of them. It's also been fun to interact with different brokers and hearing their perspective.

Let me know if I can help you post the information. We'd love to add that rather impressive deal to the list!
Ok I went through the deal twice putting info in on form, but messed up copying & pasting at end to put in forums or that form? I thought it automatically formatted in once you submit? Or do you have to copy/paste when done doing the form. I keep messing that part up.

Congrats!

billsfan12345---$138-$37117-250-BLT-Jun-0/18, 310/19, 250/20, 250/21- sent 5/31

Good luck!

Ok I went through the deal twice putting info in on form, but messed up copying & pasting at end to put in forums or that form? I thought it automatically formatted in once you submit? Or do you have to copy/paste when done doing the form. I keep messing that part up.
You just need to copy and paste the yellow box text to a post here. Then it can be added to the list :)

Wow, looks like the drunken monkey is back to work. :drinking: While I'm too lazy to search back, I know that there have been several other BLT contracts taken recently with a higher cost per point and similar terms. None of this makes any sense. Maybe they were afraid of the TexanLawyer!!! Don't mess with Texas, right?

Congratulations on your purchase,

Given some of the other contracts that were taken, I'm pleasantly surprised that this made it through.
My BLT October contract for 200 points was taken at $143. It was stripped - only one point in 2019. But as I am the seller it won’t affect me.

Looks like for some of these you can pay less if the contract has a lot of points. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter