ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
originally I did want a stripped contract only because we weren’t originally going to go until 2023. I had a small personal loan I was going to pay off first so that’s why I was originally looking at stripped ones.

they were obviously what Disney was after. I looked at this contract a few times and didn’t realise quite well suited this actually was for us. It gives us 2 weeks every year in a deluxe studio or with careful planning a value 1 bed for 2 weeks. One year and a week in a value one bed the second year.

I originally offered $117 and thought they would take that but when they came back with $120 I thought it was fair from their silly asking price.

ive got to pay an extra $4k on closing costs which includes the MF for 2021 but my loan can wait until next year.

im really pleased with this contract. I think it will pass ROFR and we get to go during the 50th which we hadn’t planned so I’m really excited
I’m hopeful for you! Good luck! May the force be with you.

So ours should now read

matthewredrich---$90-$20670-200-AUL-Dec-73/20, 400/21, 200/22-Int'l Seller- sent 3/30

So this is our second resale contract; we bought our first one in 2016. That time was at AKV—I’m really glad we’re not trying for that right now. This time we are buying at Aulani. From my understanding, Disney Vacation Development has pretty much no history of taking Aulani contracts; is that what you ROFR pros have seen?

gfarb27---$144-$46650-300-BLT-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 600/21, 300/22- sent 3/23, taken 4/10

gfarb27---$65-$16888-250-VB-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 250/21, 250/22-seller pay dues- sent 3/17, passed 4/12
Did you want both or did you place two offers hoping for only one? I’m just curious about people’s strategies.

So this is our second resale contract; we bought our first one in 2016. That time was at AKV—I’m really glad we’re not trying for that right now. This time we are buying at Aulani. From my understanding, Disney Vacation Development has pretty much no history of taking Aulani contracts; is that what you ROFR pros have seen?
As a ROFR stat nerd I can confirm we haven’t seen a AUL contract being taken yet

They didn't take my $70 contract in February and yours is an international seller, you won't have a problem(although of course you will likely be concerned until you for sure have it)

Were trying to buy at a lot of different resorts. We like to use loaded contracts for vacations and sometimes well flip the contract after we use the points. I never put an offer in for a property i dont want :)
That’s a pretty fun way to do it. How many points do you have at any given time?

How long is it taking everyone to get their closing documents after notice of the ROFR waiver? It has been a week and a half, but I get like a million crap emails a day and frequently miss some som I’m paranoid it will be missed or go to junk. :oops:

I just looked at all of the sites. Without knowing how much negotiating(I am not buying another contract) would lower the price, there is very little I would buy now. I would probably be all in on a copper creek cheaper contract. Everything else has gone so high. Even the cheaper resellers prices have gone way up.

That seems longer than average. I’d be kindly pesky in asking the Escrow company for updates by now. 🤣
I emailed Jeffrey Sweet as well as the company it has been through ... perhaps multiple times. We currently have multiple contracts going through ROFR but our BLT was almost a week later and we have known since 4/2 . Is there a specific company that is really delayed in getting back to people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter