ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quite an unexpected turn of events. DVC is running a promotion on direct CCV purchases through May 12, so maybe their demand is stronger than anticipated and they've run out of points.
That sounds right. What's also surprising is their turn around time. Sent 4/2 and decision made already which tells me they really want these CCV contracts back.

I still believe the Riviera restrictions is turning people off so going with Copper Creek instead
I think it definitely turns off people adding-on. People who are first time buyers probably aren't thinking about resale value or don't know any better.

This is quite an unexpected turn of events. DVC is running a promotion on direct CCV purchases through May 12, so maybe their demand is stronger than anticipated and they've run out of points.
Buy it for $140 and sell immediately for $225, less the small promotion discount.
Easy money!

Kenyoncad---$140-$30238-200-CCV@WL-Oct-358/20, 200/21, 200/22- sent 4/2, taken 4/21

Totally surprised by this one... Seems like today is the day they start taking CCV.

I feel your loss... literally, as I have been in a daze since they took my CCV earlier today. I feel somewhat better after my spouse sent me on a run to the liquor store. Cannot wait for the kids to go to bed 🥴

Surprising that this is the first CCV contract I've seen Disney take back. But now that CCV's direct price is at $225, I could see Disney taking back contracts below $140. Still bummers though. Sorry for this bad news and best of luck on your next search.

Similar thing happened to me with Poly last month when DVC drew the line at $140pp, and now this is the second CCV posted as taken back today. Inventory is slim out there so may just ride off into the sunset. I thought about a direct purchase to get a blue card, but the benefits really would not benefit me so much. The discount on annual passes is the only benefit with some appeal and yet new passes are not available for the forseeable future 🤷🏻‍♂️

Similar thing happened to me with Poly last month when DVC drew the line at $140pp, and now this is the second CCV posted as taken back today. Inventory is slim out there so may just ride off into the sunset.
I wonder what the current line is on Poly. I'm starting to get nervous about my $147pp. It's a stripped contract though. Is Disney more or less likely to buy back stripped contracts, I'm assuming less?

I wonder what the current line is on Poly. I'm starting to get nervous about my $147pp. It's a stripped contract though. Is Disney more or less likely to buy back stripped contracts, I'm assuming less?
All of the articles and podcasts I've seen and listened to on this say that the primary driver for Disney buying back is the price per point. Every other factor such as stripped/loaded or UY are just speculation. But sometimes, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind Disney's ROFR strategy.

I think I need a break from readin gthese posts. I run high on the anxiety meter. In the last few days, I've read basically, Disney is randomly taking loaded contracts, contracts they have never taken before, just got their budget approved and therefore will be buying everything the can get their hands on, are stalling ROFRs and Estoppels, and are deliberately not fixing IT issues to manage resale points. PHEW. I sure hope the folks in the resale market are looking for other jobs as it looks like they will be unemployed in the next month or so.

In summary, I should give up on my contracts; stop reading the forums and be satisfied with the points I've had for 28 years becuase I just missed the boat on the entire resale program.

I think I need a break from readin gthese posts. I run high on the anxiety meter. In the last few days, I've read basically, Disney is randomly taking loaded contracts, contracts they have never taken before, just got their budget approved and therefore will be buying everything the can get their hands on, are stalling ROFRs and Estoppels, and are deliberately not fixing IT issues to manage resale points. PHEW. I sure hope the folks in the resale market are looking for other jobs as it looks like they will be unemployed in the next month or so.

In summary, I should give up on my contracts; stop reading the forums and be satisfied with the points I've had for 28 years becuase I just missed the boat on the entire resale program.
My perspective on the resale DVC market is to get the best deal I can and the worst that can happen is Disney says “nope we want that one”. It makes the process longer if you get bought back and have to start over, however in the grand scheme of ownership a few months is no big deal. The savings are totally worth it. There’s always direct if you want it easy and quick but it comes at a cost. I know you have been on a roller coaster lately with your contracts. I think you will be safe with ROFR with your OkW since it’s already extended and Disney I’m sure would rather buy ones that aren’t extended so they can repackage them as 2057 OKW too. I appreciate your contribution to the board and your experience has helped other who lurk and don’t post too.

Trying again at a slightly higher price per point.

Crash8ART---$120-$12695-100-BWV-Apr-0/20, 100/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 4/21
Wow, thats a great contract. Where did you find this one ? I have been looking for a 100 point Apr contract forever but never saw one

I feel your loss... literally, as I have been in a daze since they took my CCV earlier today. I feel somewhat better after my spouse sent me on a run to the liquor store. Cannot wait for the kids to go to bed 🥴
I’m sorry, I’m new, what were the specs of your CCV that was taken?

Aren’t you a tad concerned about ROFR?? This seems to me like it has ROFR written all over it.

Sorry, I meant the CCV contract that was just taken. That said, considering that the taken contract was more per point than this, this could be a strong candidate for ROFR as well.
Always a possibility. I think the others had more points immediately, but then again I presume the people in the ROFR department must be high most of the time given the randomness of their take backs.
If they take it, I at least hope it will be quick so that I can fight another day.

Ugh still waiting. Sent 3/15 and still waiting on SSR. There was an issue with some numbers being transposed by the broker so they corrected that per Disney's request on 4/1 and still nothing. This is so painful to just sit by and wait.

$102-$21,037-200SSR-SEP 0/20 235/21, 200/22 Sent 3/15 still waiting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter