ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC is not like actually wanting to buy a home. If buyers stop being desperate, the sellers would stop listing at such high price. IMHO

I agree! People have to stop paying those crazy prices!

I don't get the frenzy in buying right now, especially when so much of WDW is not even open. I adore dining out every night while on vacation at WDW. I can't see myself going until more restaurants open up.

Agreed- we aren’t going back to covid pricing but there’s very little room for some of these to go any higher- they have to drop some, especially with the 2042 contracts getting shorter and shorter.

I know! BWV going for $135-$140 and BCV at $160s??

I know! BWV going for $135-$140 and BCV at $160s??
Right? Don’t these people realize there’s only 20 years left on these contracts?! And these properties are old and dated?! Sure the locations are great but a 20 year lease at those prices seems crazy to me

Right? Don’t these people realize there’s only 20 years left on these contracts?! And these properties are old and dated?! Sure the locations are great but a 20 year lease at those prices seems crazy to me

Yep, I would NEVER buy the BWV BCV at the current prices. You're paying high per-point for 20 years of a contract that you'll likely not be able to resell.

Yep, I would NEVER buy the BWV BCV at the current prices. You're paying high per-point for 20 years of a contract that you'll likely not be able to resell.
I think most are hoping for an extension like OKW and I don’t blame them. The locations of BWV and BCV can’t be beat.

People definitely do realize that but if someone loves BWV or BCV and wants to stay in a studio you definitely need to own there depending on the room type. I fell in love with BWV on my honeymoon and bought in to be able to book the Boardwalk View studios at the home resort booking window. Nobody knows what will come in 20 years, Disney could offer extensions on the dvc properties, who knows. Everyone has a different opinion on looking that far into the future. All I know is that as time goes on these rooms are going to get more and more difficult to book as more people buy into dvc and as dvc opens new resorts. Also, for a resort like BWV, the point charts are super low compared to have much these rooms cost cash even on similar rooms on the hotel side. Certainly some people do buy in with taking the expiration date of the resort as the main factor but there are many different ways to look at it. I recently bought into BWV at $130 a point after having mine ROFR’d at $118 and seeing them ROFR’d into the early and mid $120’s a point. I was ok with that, as time goes on the contracts will keep going up as they have over the past years as Disney increases direct prices and resort cash prices. At some point the value may come down as the expiration date gets within the 5 or 10 year range but nobody really knows!

Great job on that post by the way. You’ve garnered the attention of the most senior executives of the DVC resale market company! Well done!

I was hoping your VGC had already passed since I also have a VGC contract going through (just further behind you).

I dug through the prior threads and it looks like VGC contracts are all over the place for passing. Sometimes they pass quickly and other times they take a week or 2 longer than expected. I definitely would reach out to your broker to see if they have heard anything since the typical timeline is 3-4 weeks and you are past that point

Last edited:

I think most are hoping for an extension like OKW and I don’t blame them. The locations of BWV and BCV can’t be beat.

Exactly, people always say that Disney isn’t going to offer extensions for these 2042 resorts. But nobody really knows.. If they let them expire fully and resold them as brand new they would have to sit on a period of time with little to no owners as people bought in. Sure they could sell them at crazy expensive direct prices but again it would take a long time for them to resell all the points. I’m not speculating that they’re going to offer extensions, but if they did it certainly would be much more popular than when they offered the OKW extensions. Being able to walk to two parks is the best hence why I decided to buy a smallish contract at BWV:)

I was hoping your VGC had already passed since I also have a VGC contract going through (just further behind you).

I dug through the prior threads and it looks like VGC contracts are all over the place for passing. Sometimes they pass quickly and other times they take a week or 2 longer than expected. I definitely would reach out to your broker to see if they have heard anything since the typical timeline is 3-4 weeks and you are passed that point
I have been. Though my initial contract was sent to Disney for ROFR on 3/26, I ALSO did have a couple of addendums and revisions because I ended up buying a second VGC contract with the same UY at the same price from the same owner. So all in all, my contract probably has a 4/2 submittal date but not exactly sure. I honestly don’t mind the delay because the contract had some expiring points in June and the current seller booked a vacation for me at the Aulani for next week. I don’t want to lose that “free vacation” if we end up closing before then. But hopefully, Disney will pass on our contract in the next week! Hoping the best for all of us!

Exactly, people always say that Disney isn’t going to offer extensions for these 2042 resorts. But nobody really knows.. If they let them expire fully and resold them as brand new they would have to sit on a period of time with little to no owners as people bought in. Sure they could sell them at crazy expensive direct prices but again it would take a long time for them to resell all the points. I’m not speculating that they’re going to offer extensions, but if they did it certainly would be much more popular than when they offered the OKW extensions. Being able to walk to two parks is the best hence why I decided to buy a smallish contract at BWV:)
I’m just totally jealous at current owners. I would love to own BCV or BWV, but not at these prices. If Disney ever did offer extensions, the resale prices will go through the roof!

I’m just totally jealous at current owners. I would love to own BCV or BWV, but not at these prices. If Disney ever did offer extensions, the resale prices will go through the roof!
For sure! I’m sure there’s a semi decent chance they may offer extensions debatably. It definitely won’t be at a cheap price tho 😂
But to your point I also bought a smaller contract for my price point, I certainly wouldn’t have considered it if the contract was like 200 plus points unless it was loaded or something like that. If it’s a larger contract like that the price per point should be less for sure.

I received the email...yesterday haha. I thought I read that it would be sent once the contract was signed but I guess not. I probably should have asked the broker if it had been sent after getting notification that the seller had signed. Not that it would've sped things up at all, but at least we wouldn't have been waiting nervously all week. We're using www.fidelityrealestate.com.

I checked the deed and it looks like it's only been the one person.

We don't need the points right away so it's not that big of a deal. I just don't want prices to keep going up and make it harder to pass. I also don't want to miss out on something else while we're waiting extra long. Luckily (I guess) there aren't many contracts out there now so nothing else has come up that matches what we want.
We are past the 50 day mark waiting on ROFR with Fidelity. Watching prices rise and inventory dry up has been hard as we wait. Hope it goes through quickly for you now submitted.

For sure! I’m sure there’s a semi decent chance they may offer extensions debatably. It definitely won’t be at a cheap price tho 😂
But to your point I also bought a smaller contract for my price point, I certainly wouldn’t have considered it if the contract was like 200 plus points unless it was loaded or something like that. If it’s a larger contract like that the price per point should be less for sure.
Yeah, but forking up 30-40k for a 20 year contract is a hard pill to swallow. Bring on the Disneyland DVC tower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter