ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then you would only be able to stay at Riviera with those points. It would have to dip into VB or HH territory for me to buy there I think. I would like to stay at Riv at some point but don't want to stay there EVERY time!
Since it is located at WDW I doubt it would ever dip into VB or HH territory...that being said you should 100% love Riviera (like my family does) if you plan to buy there.

This is where opinion comes in. What is a bad deal? What is it worth to have access to the lounge at Epcot? Or entry into moonlight magic? I personally find value in that. These are perks I think are amazing. So a “bad deal” is relative.
Agreed! Everyone has their own idea of a good deal, bad deal, buying direct or buying resale.
For me, more points will win out every single time. The only perk I really wish I had was the lounge.. but for 30 minutes 2-3x per year, I will choose more nights or bigger accommodations.

Agreed! Everyone has their own idea of a good deal, bad deal, buying direct or buying resale.
For me, more points will win out every single time. The only perk I really wish I had was the lounge.. but for 30 minutes 2-3x per year, I will choose more nights or bigger accommodations.
I respect that! Heck, I respect everyone’s decision! It’s Disney!!

This is where opinion comes in. What is a bad deal? What is it worth to have access to the lounge at Epcot? Or entry into moonlight magic? I personally find value in that. These are perks I think are amazing. So a “bad deal” is relative.
IMHO a "bad deal" is one where:
1. the price is above average with no meaningful additional benefits e.g. paying a higher price for fear of not passing ROFR. I personally would rather have 10 contracts taken to get 1 that passes vs. paying a higher price just to be sure I pass.
or
2. Paying a higher price than is justified as compared to viable alternatives. e.g. buying DVC when staying at the same hotel cash yields me a lower price all things considered.

I personally could justify buying VGF direct because at $179/pt my theory is I MIGHT be able to sell it at that price today and think I will LIKELY be able to sell it at that price in the future when VGF is once again sold out. In my mind, i paid slightly above average but likely not over market but got a benefit in return so it was OK. The same could be said for the Direct AUL deal back in December (I have other reasons I personally choose not to own at AUL).

All of that said, I TRULY envy people who can be comfortable relaxing more and not sweating paying a higher price. I am getting an F-150 lightning later this summer. My dealer is charging $2500 over MSRP. That said i'm getting a truck that is back ordered for 2 years and I'm only getting it because the dealer I used is a BIG VOLUME dealer so they got more trucks as compared to a smaller dealer. Is that worth $2500? Probably, especially since I could turn around and sell it to someone for more day #1 but it still bothers me....I WISH it didn't!

thelionqueen---$162-$24950-150-BCV-Mar-0/21, 194/22, 150/23, 150/24-Seller pays 2022 MFs- sent 4/29, passed 5/27

Whoop Whoop!!
Ready for bigger accommodations to relax in after a day at Stormalong Bay. Now to close quick to book our May 4th trip :)
Good luck with the "close quick" part of the process :/ Hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you
We passed ROFR & Estoppel issued on PVB on 4/27 and still waiting on a final piece of paperwork from seller as of today
We passed ROFR & Estoppel issued on BCV on 5/18 and no paperwork back from the seller yet, as of today

Last edited:
This is what happens when you stay in a 3 Bedroom Grand Villa at Riviera...lol...suddenly the initial 400 pts direct and the 412 pts resale are not quite enough:rotfl2:

wdwdaddy4life- $115-$17,250-150-RIV-OCT-0/21,75/22,150/23-Sent 5/25
I'm going to be watching this one. I don't think I've seen a RIV resale this low yet and have wondered where the floor might be considering it's still in active sales, but is a new-ish resort. 👏👏👏 for getting the deal.

It seems like Disney would focus on the larger contracts as they go for less per point and they can break them up to sell. Probably they want to hold out the threat of ROFR beyond just the direct economics of each individual transaction.

I'm going to be watching this one. I don't think I've seen a RIV resale this low yet and have wondered where the floor might be considering it's still in active sales, but is a new-ish resort. 👏👏👏 for getting the deal.
I'm always trying to get contracts in this range...my 412 pt resale contract was $109 pt in 2020...I believe the reason that it is so hard is because many are financed and break even point for many people is higher ($135-$145 pt range after commission)...just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter