ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
garegco---$165-$28275-160-BLT-Oct-0/21, 320/22, 160/23- sent 5/12, taken 6/7

First time DVC purchaser here. Rough experience so far... On to the next one!
Bah! We sent our offer in at the same price point on 5/5. I am braced that it'll be taken, but like... what are they waiting for?!?
I am sorry - even being braced, I am still going to be so sad. And waiting 32+ days for a negative answer is cruel. (I mean, all things relative, I realize this is DVC - it's just bad outcomes are sometimes easier when you aren't watching other options flit on by...)

garegco---$165-$28275-160-BLT-Oct-0/21, 320/22, 160/23- sent 5/12, taken 6/7

First time DVC purchaser here. Rough experience so far... On to the next one!
Oh man! I’m waiting on basically the same contract (same exact point spread) submitted on 5/10 but at $169pp and Feb use year (also first time buyer here). Not sure this bodes too well for me!

Bah! We sent our offer in at the same price point on 5/5. I am braced that it'll be taken, but like... what are they waiting for?!?
I am sorry - even being braced, I am still going to be so sad. And waiting 32+ days for a negative answer is cruel. (I mean, all things relative, I realize this is DVC - it's just bad outcomes are sometimes easier when you aren't watching other options flit on by...)
I know exactly what you mean! I waited 42 days for Disney to take our SSR offer, which was both a blessing and a curse, I suppose. During that long wait, I decided I would rather have the GF contract so I guess it worked out but the process takes a LONG time. I hope things work out best for you--good luck and hang in there! 🙂

Is there a particular time of day Disney responds on ROFR? Or do they just respond throughout the day?? I’m getting very impatient now to hear back about my 2 contracts! Also as I’m in the UK I’m 5 hours ahead so feels like I have to wait longer as I’m already at 2pm when Orlando is at 9am!

jennunc99---$140-$31000-200-BWV-Sep-0/21, 400/22, 200/23- sent 4/20, passed 5/18, closed 6/6

Now to wait for Disney to set up our account.
Nice Price. I lost two above that price and passed at $150pp on a loaded contract (3rd try). I was a month or two early it looks like.

Just made a low ball offer for a contract w/ an international seller and received a reply that basically said they would present but don't hold your breath (no they didn't actually say that, but it's what it meant lol). It's all good....I'm happy to wait....and fine not getting it, just thought I would throw it out there and see. If anything comes of it I will post back ;).
Not sure what you consider lowball, but we offered $15 less than asking on 2 different BCV contracts with international sellers. Both were accepted and both passed ROFR in April and May. We paid $145 and $150pp on loaded contracts when everyone what was paying $170-180. You never know.

Is there a particular time of day Disney responds on ROFR? Or do they just respond throughout the day?? I’m getting very impatient now to hear back about my 2 contracts! Also as I’m in the UK I’m 5 hours ahead so feels like I have to wait longer as I’m already at 2pm when Orlando is at 9am!
No, I've found out in the late morning and late afternoon eastern time.

It's probably more about your broker's timing than Disney's. I've gotten my notice email on Monday morning at 8am before, which makes me think Disney sent it on Friday afternoon, the broker didn't work weekends, and I got it when they logged on that Monday.

Not sure what you consider lowball, but we offered $15 less than asking on 2 different BCV contracts with international sellers. Both were accepted and both passed ROFR in April and May. We paid $145 and $150pp on loaded contracts when everyone what was paying $170-180. You never know.
Maybe I'll get lucky! The offer is $18 less per point than asking. I don't necessarily need any points at all but since it matched UY and small contract...I thought what the heck. Just told hubby thinking he would say wth and he was like sure, ok.

Ok guys, after my rant yesterday about how I refuse to buy poly just to get past ROFR… I decided to do it. Poly is our favorite resort and we’ve always had good luck getting in at 7 months with our other points. But will admit it’s been harder lately. Plus the thought that I might not be able to IF they add the tower to this resort makes me nervous so we decided to go for iu

Last edited:
Ok all. The lowball (at least in my opinion offer) came back with a counter. It's reasonable, but I'm considering countering again. Has anyone heard of them ROFR'ing an international seller? It is SSR, which we all know has been bought back a lot, but I'm just weighing my options at this point.

Ok all. The lowball (at least in my opinion offer) came back with a counter. It's reasonable, but I'm considering countering again. Has anyone heard of them ROFR'ing an international seller? It is SSR, which we all know has been bought back a lot, but I'm just weighing my options at this point.
Not seen an international buyback. Offer what you think is reasonable and are willing to pay. I went 30pp lower than asking on a contract and settled at 20pp lower. That was what I was willing to do and I was happy to walk away.

I was told by two different brokers that they had never seen a buy back with an international seller even though the offer was well below what had been normally taken . I had a contract go through at a lower price others were being taken for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter