ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about...LOL

Honestly, I still think two weeks is much better than before, and definitely not complaining about that, but it's more the lack of consistency. Before, if it was taking 21 or 28 days to clear ROFR, you could "almost" guess on when you'd clear by adding whatever time it was taking (however long it was) to your submittal date and get a ballpark for when you might clear. Sure there were always plenty of deviations, but currently we have some taking 4 days and others pushing 4 weeks or more (on what is factually a dramatically smaller volume). When some are taken and others aren't, you could see some analysis occurring that could inject some time into the process. When every contract needs nothing more than an electronic rubber stamp, not so much.
From what I understand, it's ONE person's job in the Celebration, FL office. So if they are out sick, that may explain the delay.

That's the rumor: one woman who handles all ROFR.
Maybe she quit in protest over not having anything to do anymore. :p Oh wait, just saw that @Epcot Forever Forever passed today with an amazing deal. We just signed our first ever resale contract (originally purchased direct)... so just waiting on seller to sign to start ROFR... excited to make my first official ROFR string post for this thread. :)

Wendy_Darling_Boston---$145-$30060-190-PVB-Dec-172/21, 190/22, 190/23, 190/24- sent 4/18
I'm uber jelly over your deal!!! I've been trying on and off since Dec2022 to land a sim deal, max or near max contract at $140-145 range. I've gotten close twice with owners in the high $149/low $150 but than neither of us would budge.

I am curious tho why so high $30,060 if $27.5K purch + ~$1.5K 23 maint reimb + closing ~$1K? or was it admin 225 + closing ~775?

I'm uber jelly over your deal!!! I've been trying on and off since Dec2022 to land a sim deal, max or near max contract at $140-145 range. I've gotten close twice with owners in the high $149/low $150 but than neither of us would budge.

I am curious tho why so high $30,060 if $27.5K purch + ~$1.5K 23 maint reimb + closing ~$1K? or was it admin 225 + closing ~775?
I wonder if they paid dues on half the '21 points or something? If the '21 points are legit, the @Wendy_Darling_Boston deal is ridiculously good. Surprised more people aren't talking about it honestly, but PVB might not be on everyone's radar.

Are the terms "max contract" and "fully-loaded" interchangeable?

I was able to get a fully-loaded contract for $150 after a lot of offers and feel good about it. Until I saw this deal I would've said low $140's would be too low to sell fully-loaded at right now.

If you look at the @pkrieger2287 deal, which was the best up until this one, it was $130 and not loaded. Now he didn't have to pay '23 dues which brought his normalized $/pt down to about $122 ($1,391 in dues / 175 pts ~ $8/pt). That's equivalent to about $140 on a loaded contract if you're using the rental market $18/pt as your reference. His was same ballpark as far as size (175) and less desirable use year (Feb).

The same math puts this deal at around $110/pt normalized. Beating the next best by ~10%...seriously good.

I saw an email come in just now, but it was a "your contract is still pending with Disney" update. I got all excited! hopefully soon.

Slightly early update...I'm off on vacation tomorrow and will try to sneak in and get some stealth updates done, but no guarantees 😜. Otherwise, please keep posting your successes (I'm staying optimistic for zero in the Taken section this quarter) and I'll add them in two weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter