ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is one "key" way to find a great deal. Some contracts that have been listed for months are likely owned by sellers who think that prices in the $80-90 range are way too low compared to when they listed their contract, and those sellers might want to hang on in the event ROFR comes back or market conditions change. Others might be owned by sellers who just want out no matter what and those sellers have, in very recent days, realized that prices in the $80-90 range is what they are likely to get, so maybe they want to cut their "losses" now and sell. It's so hard to say.
thank you. you're right...there are many factors involved with getting a good deal ($80--$90) i just spoke with a broker that said her client will not change the asking price even though the average selling price is much lower.

The key is to make as many offers as you can. That and only that will uncover the market’s most desperate seller.
I imagine the opposite is also true of sellers. Wait for many offers to come in and if you can wait, wait for that buyer that needs exactly the amount of points you are selling in the use year that you have...

I imagine the opposite is also true of sellers. Wait for many offers to come in and if you can wait, wait for that buyer that needs exactly the amount of points you are selling in the use year that you have...
oh yeah , for sure!

thank you. you're right...there are many factors involved with getting a good deal ($80--$90) i just spoke with a broker that said her client will not change the asking price even though the average selling price is much lower.
Life is too short to argue with delusional sellers/brokers. Be polite, wish them well, tell them to reach out if they have any motivated sellers looking to make a deal in [x/pt-y/pt] price range. You never know and there's no point in burning bridges.

haven't seen it yet, but BWV did go below $100. any chance we will see AKV go below $90?
I think there were a few that went for 94 or 96. Most i tried were not willing to budge much. We ended at 115 because it was a march use year and 190 points. There have not been many AKV posted in the past few days, and the ones that are being posted are all 160 points.

Life is too short to argue with delusional sellers/brokers. Be polite, wish them well, tell them to reach out if they have any motivated sellers looking to make a deal in [x/pt-y/pt] price range. You never know and there's no point in burning bridges.

I don’t agree that a seller or broker who doesn’t want to accept below market offers should characterized as delusional.

Plenty of sales out there happening at rates much higher than our board.

I don’t agree that a seller or broker who doesn’t want to accept below market offers should characterized as delusional.

Plenty of sales out there happening at rates much higher than our board.

Winnieforme was talking about a seller who didn't want to change their asking price at all. There was no mention of winnieforme's offer being "below market". We don't know that the seller's asking price was at market value (presumably not, as the contract was still listed). Entirely possible that specific seller was, in fact, delusional. Of course, an over-generalization applied to all sellers risks being inaccurate, but that's not what was being referred to here.

And while I agree that there are many offers happening at rates higher than this board, I think it is also important to note that there are numerous articles out there that specifically point to the ROFR thread on Disboards as a place to look at market value. That's not to say that this thread or any before it are determinative, but people are being directed here from all over the internet to look at pricing.

Winnieforme was talking about a seller who didn't want to change their asking price at all. There was no mention of winnieforme's offer being "below market". We don't know that the seller's asking price was at market value (presumably not, as the contract was still listed). Entirely possible that specific seller was, in fact, delusional. Of course, an over-generalization applied to all sellers risks being inaccurate, but that's not what was being referred to here.

Even still. a seller who doesn’t want to accept anything besides asking should not be considered in that way. They may have reasons why they want or need that price.

So, again, I don’t agree any seller, or broker, who isn’t willing to sell for a lower price is delusional, and all those buyers out there who are offering less than the asking price should not be callEd delusional either.

Last edited:
Even still. a seller who doesn’t want to accept anything besides asking should not be considered in that way. They may have reasons why they want or need that price.

So, again, I don’t agree any seller, or broker, who isn’t willing to sell for a lower price is not delusional, no more than all those buyers out there who are offering less than the asking price should be called delusional.

We can agree to disagree.

I don’t think calling ANYBODY delusional will help to buy or sell anything. Don’t like to offer or counter offer, move on. There are plenty of buyers and listings out there.

And while I agree that there are many offers happening at rates higher than this board, I think it is also important to note that there are numerous articles out there that specifically point to the ROFR thread on Disboards as a place to look at market value. That's not to say that this thread or any before it are determinative, but people are being directed here from all over the internet to look at pricing.
I think what happened with VGC this week, where the market price increased by like $70 overnight, gives me pause on the concept of delusional.

The other thing is that some lucky people are still getting asking prices for their contracts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter