ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha very true!! I love the Grand tho!!
I snagged the sister contract and consider us both fortunate to have redirected our VDH money to the Grand!

On that note, less than 2 weeks till my next visit! Just can't wait for that feeling and smell of walking into the lobby...

And that feeling of walking out with a bill of $0. Two things no one staying at VDH will ever experience unfortunately.

Jimmy Geppetto---$68-$17556-250-SSR-Feb-0/22, 500/23, 250/24- sent 4/5, passed 4/21
awesome price Jimmy, when I throw in a low offer offer, the agents just keep coming back saying why would they take your offer , when they can get more with instant sale. did you use someone who doesn't offer instant sale? many thanks

So I just spoke to a broker about a title company that I was comparing, one that seems to take a long time to send closing documents, and I was told that one thing they do that other title companies don't do is have the sellers print out their point contract summary right before closing to verify the points so that the owners can't rent out points and then sign closing documents with points other than what was agreed-upon.

But... isn't that fraud? I mean if I sign a contract and a seller signs a contract with declared points, but then the sellers rent out points and sign closing documents differing what are actually in the account, isn't that illegal?
Also, wouldn't DVC catch it?

awesome price Jimmy, when I throw in a low offer offer, the agents just keep coming back saying why would they take your offer , when they can get more with instant sale. did you use someone who doesn't offer instant sale? many thanks
while you are unlikely to find as good of a deal as @Jimmy Geppetto did, there are good deals to be had. From reading these boards, the best deals and least push back from brokers on “lowball offers” seems to be
https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/

while you are unlikely to find as good of a deal as @Jimmy Geppetto did, there are good deals to be had. From reading these boards, the best deals and least push back from brokers on “lowball offers” seems to be
https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/
Can confirm that with Fidelity. Just had a low-ish offer accepted last night. $18pp under asking. Buyer accepted quickly, which made me think I should have offered less! LOL! Oh well. Will add a string when it goes to ROFR.

Can confirm that with Fidelity. Just had a low-ish offer accepted last night. $18pp under asking. Buyer accepted quickly, which made me think I should have offered less! LOL! Oh well. Will add a string when it goes to ROFR.
I also had one accepted yesterday. We signed last night, waiting for the seller to sign and give a deposit. $25 under asking on a small 100 point contract. asking was high so not as great as it sounds.

So I just spoke to a broker about a title company that I was comparing, one that seems to take a long time to send closing documents, and I was told that one thing they do that other title companies don't do is have the sellers print out their point contract summary right before closing to verify the points so that the owners can't rent out points and then sign closing documents with points other than what was agreed-upon.

But... isn't that fraud? I mean if I sign a contract and a seller signs a contract with declared points, but then the sellers rent out points and sign closing documents differing what are actually in the account, isn't that illegal?
Also, wouldn't DVC catch it?
Most contracts have a clause that if any points are missing 23 dollars per point is given back to the buyer - it happens

Well shoot. Saw a 40 pt BLT in my UY I liked on Fidelity. Made and offer and that thing is already gone. Wondering if someone here got it! I just can't bring myself to pay their admin fee so I always say I won't pay that lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter