ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great, thanks. Can I, as a non-relator, stalk deeds for some of the other properties?

Crunching this data, and ignoring the amazing outlier of $83.33, it looks like you see the very best deals at odd size contracts (160, 220) and prices trend down the more you buy. I know I’ll be a little annoyed managing multiple UY contracts, but it does generally seem easier to unload contracts the smaller they are.

This is great, thanks. Can I, as a non-relator, stalk deeds for some of the other properties?

Crunching this data, and ignoring the amazing outlier of $83.33, it looks like you see the very best deals at odd size contracts (160, 220) and prices trend down the more you buy. I know I’ll be a little annoyed managing multiple UY contracts, but it does generally seem easier to unload contracts the smaller they are.
Maybe an odd nuber of points is the way to go

Yes, I am not a realtor

Super useful post but do be careful not to interpret too much, this is a small sample size (one week) of contracts that likely were signed 1+ month ago.

While I'm waiting on my ROFR I'm stalking the deeds so I thought I'd share. First time I've dug into deeds.
Foreclosures not included.

AKV deeds recorded April 19-26

50 points - $110, $137, $137, $147, $151
100 points - $110, $116, $118, $119, $120
125 points - $120
135 points - $110
150 points - $110, $110
160 points - $90, $92, $94, $108, $108, $109, $117, $119, $120, $125
180 points - $118, $118
200 points - $115
210 points - $142.86
220 points - $100
234 points - $109
270 points - $115
300 points - $83.33
320 points - $116

Average of $115.58
Wow. Thanks for posting.

Feeling pretty good about my 100 points at AKV for $95 a point (currently waiting on ROFR. I knew I got a decent deal but acording to this, I did better than I thought

Unsurprising, better to just keep and rent until market hopefully changes to sellers market (could be a year or more)
The problem with that is the contract will have less time left on it and the value will continue to drop.
I think DVD is done with exercising ROFR on contracts unless they have a direct buyer already. DVD will just use ROFR as they need the points for a sale, they will no longer ROFR just to have inventory on hand.

Last edited:
Amazing! I've been offering the same price per point for BRV, but can't get anyone to bite!

After stalking this thread for a while, I can finally join in! We were NOT in the marked for more points. We actually had just agreed that we had enough. And yet, I couldn't help but add on at a Crescent Lake resort. I'm really looking forward to booking BWV for Wine and Dine next year without having to worry about what will be available at 7 months!

accm---$130-$14632-100-BWV-Aug-0/22, 200/23, 100/24- sent 4/27

I just got my points from my BRV add-on last week (loaded $75pp) and booked our first stay, a 1BR villa this summer!
May I asked which broker this was listed with? I appreciate the answer might be blanked out depending on whether they are permitted to be mentioned or not. I’ve been looking for a similar contract with a December use year and have received hard pushbacks from the brokers I’ve encountered re my initial offers. I toured one of the refurbed villas last week and it was really nice!

Yeah I don't think many people delve into this level of analysis because, as you pointed out, a few $/pt here or there doesn't amount to much over the life of the contract. We're already getting such a great deal compared to buying direct. I do think it's fun to perform the financial analysis though and honestly my long-term satisfaction is somewhat tied to how good of a deal I got on the initial purchase. It also helps me pull the trigger when I can say to myself, even if something goes wrong and I never use these points I'll still make a 7% return just by renting them out.
I 100% appreciate this. Haha, I just don't think I have the financial chops for it so I loved that you broke it out for everyone, it actually made my day. :-)

any chance we could see POLY go below $130?
I had been wondering that. I think a lot depends on which way the tower goes. If it's same association, I'm guessing Poly prices will climb, but I do think access to studios (that sleep five and in a monorail resort area) is going to keep Poly prices from ever truly plunging. Poly is still one of the most requested resorts on rental sites.

I had been wondering that. I think a lot depends on which way the tower goes. If it's same association, I'm guessing Poly prices will climb, but I do think access to studios (that sleep five and in a monorail resort area) is going to keep Poly prices from ever truly plunging. Poly is still one of the most requested resorts on rental sites.
i think you're right. being a monorail resort, poly should hold value even if the tower is a new association. if the tower is new, the prices could dip a bit and that could be a good time to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter