ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
YIPPEE, I just heard that my Grand Floridian contract passed the ROFR monster today :love: I just got back from 7 nights at the Grand Floridian Villas on Tuesday and while it would have been extra magical to hear the news while I was actually there, I will definitely take it now :goodvibes I have a long weekend booked at the GFV for August and now I will really be HOME :cloud9:

mlittig---$160-$10800-60-VGF-Dec-60/22, 60/23, 60/24- sent 4/11, passed 4/28

Between watching this thread and monitoring several DVC resale sites I think we are at a massive lull. Inventory is not really rising or declining. That could be caused by a lack of new sellers or people unwilling to adjust to market price.
I could see breaking either way. If it goes up again I will be glad I got a lot of points this month (assuming I pass ROFR), but if it goes down much more I’ll add another 100 points. 😛

I think this current level is going to be reality for the next 4-6 months. I think we will get another large increase in contracts available during the fall like always but also as the economy worsens. Job layoffs have just begun to increase nationwide.

garegco---$130-$28203-200-BLT-Mar-0/22, 400/23, 200/24, 200/25- sent 4/28

Couldn't resist adding on more BLT points with the drop in price. We were originally thinking of adding on SSR or AKV for some cheap points but you can't beat the lower dues and longer expiration of BLT for slightly more. Having the additional points for 11month priority booking of standard view rooms doesn't hurt either.

Between watching this thread and monitoring several DVC resale sites I think we are at a massive lull. Inventory is not really rising or declining. That could be caused by a lack of new sellers or people unwilling to adjust to market price.
I have noticed the same thing. Seems like the listings are dwindling. There were certainly more contracts to choose from a week or two ago.

We've decided to give in to addonitis and are looking to get some points at AKV. I'll admit, I've been offering really low $ pp, because I've seen the contracts on here that have passed recently. But I'm finding the buyers are hardly budging in their counteroffers. So, I agree; I think we're somewhat at a stalemate. You have sellers who are probably patient and don't necessarily HAVE to sell right now and potentially buyers like me, who want the best deal possible since it's *supposed* to be a buyers market. Of course, I'm basing this all on personal experience, so I'm probably completely wrong! 😆

The frustration - why is it we are told our contracts were sent in for ROFR on 5th April and others that sent in after have heard back? I know I am being silly and I need to be patient but this is killing me!!
Keeping fingers crossed xxx
I'm feeling the same way! My other contract passed in 9 days and here I am 22 days with this one but others who sent after me and for the same resort (SSR) have cleared.

It's probably bothering me more b/c my first contract is taking forever to send closing docs too.

We've decided to give in to addonitis and are looking to get some points at AKV. I'll admit, I've been offering really low $ pp, because I've seen the contracts on here that have passed recently. But I'm finding the buyers are hardly budging in their counteroffers. So, I agree; I think we're somewhat at a stalemate. You have sellers who are probably patient and don't necessarily HAVE to sell right now and potentially buyers like me, who want the best deal possible since it's *supposed* to be a buyers market. Of course, I'm basing this all on personal experience, so I'm probably completely wrong! 😆
Same. Just put in my first offer at AKV and went low similar to what I’ve seen passed on here and seller countered no where near.

Same. Just put in my first offer at AKV and went low similar to what I’ve seen passed on here and seller countered no where near.

It's definitely hard to know how to generalize all of this, if that's even possible. Sometimes it's just luck. My offer at SSR that was accepted at $80pp was not even countered by the seller. Others, I started higher than that and the sellers still countered. I'm guessing most who have low-ish offers accepted are making a ton of offers. I almost came to agreement on an AUL contract at around $85/pt (?) when my SSR offer was accepted.

It's definitely hard to know how to generalize all of this, if that's even possible. Sometimes it's just luck. My offer at SSR that was accepted at $80pp was not even countered by the seller. Others, I started higher than that and the sellers still countered. I'm guessing most who have low-ish offers accepted are making a ton of offers. I almost came to agreement on an AUL contract at around $85/pt (?) when my SSR offer was accepted.
Wow $80pp that’s great! Yeah you never know how bad someone wants to sell or what they bought for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter