ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if people are still seeing a fall in price or do they seem to be settling/going back up?
Some speculation here, but I think people following this thread are generally more motivated to wait for really good deals (and report them here) and it seems to have slowed down in the past few weeks (at least many fewer contracts seem to be reported over the past 10 days or so)-- what this suggests to me is that there are currently fewer sellers willing to sell around the deal prices we've seen here-- but I'm not sure how many contracts are actually selling above these prices either. My guess is that people are reluctant to list/sell at these historically low prices unless they really need the money and it will be a toss-up to see if more people need to sell before more people suddenly want to pay more for resale contracts.

Another wild card is the recent flash sales at AKV and pretty significant discounts at GFV lately, including the offer to buy back 2022 points. Hard to imagine (at least the larger) resale contracts going up much if Disney will give you a contract direct below $150/pt.

I was just wondering if people are still seeing a fall in price or do they seem to be settling/going back up?
I think it depends on the resort you want to buy. I think in general prices are still down, but I seeing fewer contracts being listed so certain priority resorts contracts available are shrinking. Supply and demand, the listing agents/salespeople who want to keep prices up, and if a seller is motivated or not will determine if prices stabilize, drop, or rise for some of the priority resorts.
I think that's pretty accurate.
I also think it depends on small or big contracts. I'm definitely seeing small contracts are moving a lot faster than 2 months ago. Some don't even last 24 hrs and it's gone. Buyers are definitely hunting for contracts they want and checking the brokers site a lot more often (myself included!😂). I almost had to go into a bidding war on one, but ended up passing on it since it wasn't exactly what we wanted. So that is definitely driving the average price to stay higher. Most buyers have FOMO wanting the better price since ROFR monster is still hibernating (we hope!), and sellers know that so they are able to stand firm on either their listing price or higher counter.

I hope my ROFR amigos will allow me to post this for fun…

NVDISFaimily---$TooMuch-$WayTooMuch-TooMany-VDH-Dec-BahNone/22, AFew/23, AFew/24- WhyDidIDoThis? - sent 5/2, passed 5/2 (at least direct is quick)

Happy VDH day. I’m glad to see the ROFR monster is still asleep.

PBandJFamwich---$133-$21679-160-AUL-Mar-0/22, 0/23, 160/24, 160/25-subsidized- sent 5/2
Finally joining the ROFR thread after a month of stalking! This is our first contract. ☺️ We made a couple low ball small contract AKV offers last month but then decided to consider a resort with a longer contact and/or lower dues. We love Aulani but wrote it off because of the maintenance fees. We will use it every 3-5 years for an Aulani trip but otherwise as SAP at WDW (not picky on resort).

malvin25---$100-$13156-120-AKV-Dec-0/22, 68/23, 120/24- sent 5/2

My first contract accepted today and happy I got AKV at the $/pp I was hoping for. Unfortunately, shortly after everything was signed and deposit made I finally heard back on the CCV contract I was waiting on and it was a GREAT price! Decided to stick with AKV since it was 20 more points and also at a good price😃 Hoping I’ll just get some good stays at CCV or BRV at 7 months in the future.

I think that's pretty accurate.
I also think it depends on small or big contracts. I'm definitely seeing small contracts are moving a lot faster than 2 months ago. Some don't even last 24 hrs and it's gone. Buyers are definitely hunting for contracts they want and checking the brokers site a lot more often (myself included!😂). I almost had to go into a bidding war on one, but ended up passing on it since it wasn't exactly what we wanted. So that is definitely driving the average price to stay higher. Most buyers have FOMO wanting the better price since ROFR monster is still hibernating (we hope!), and sellers know that so they are able to stand firm on either their listing price or higher counter.y
the small contracts are going very quickly...every time i try to get one, it is already under contract. i thought that maybe the listings that have been posted for several months might want to negotiate, but they aren't interested. like you said, they would rather wait until the prices go back up-which i totally understand.

Last edited:
malvin25---$100-$13156-120-AKV-Dec-0/22, 68/23, 120/24- sent 5/2

My first contract accepted today and happy I got AKV at the $/pp I was hoping for. Unfortunately, shortly after everything was signed and deposit made I finally heard back on the CCV contract I was waiting on and it was a GREAT price! Decided to stick with AKV since it was 20 more points and also at a good price😃 Hoping I’ll just get some good stays at CCV or BRV at 7 months in the future.
You got a great deal! Congrats! As long as you don't try to get CCV/BRV for December at 7 months....haha

the small contracts are going very quickly...every time i try to get one, it is already under contract. i thought that maybe the listings that have been posted for several months might want to negotiate, but they aren't interested. like you said, they would rather wait until the prices go back up-which i totally understand.
Totally!! And I understand where the sellers are coming from, I would do the same if I were in their shoes.
You literally have to stalk the sites if you want to even have a chance to put an offer in! It has also happened to me that I put an offer on a contract that has been listed for 5+ months, but the seller wouldn't budge at all.
It's all timing and opportunities!

Is there any difference between purchasing Aulani compared to WDW resorts? As far as taxes and ownership in Hawaii? Considering purchasing a small contract and want to be aware of any good to know information beforehand. (Excluding nightly transient tax, which I’m aware of)

Another wild card is the recent flash sales at AKV and pretty significant discounts at GFV lately, including the offer to buy back 2022 points. Hard to imagine (at least the larger) resale contracts going up much if Disney will give you a contract direct below $150/pt.
The buyback is only good for June or later UY's as they are the only ones still in their 2022 UY

Btw is the points buyback only for VGF or also all other resorts?

The buyback is only good for June or later UY's as they are the only ones still in their 2022 UY

Btw is the points buyback only for VGF or also all other resorts?
They're also doing the buyback on RIV, VDH, and AUL at least. Not sure if it's just the "active" selling resorts or not considering they were also doing it at AKL with that flash sale.

If your UY has already arrived/passed for '22 pts then they are buying back the current '23 pts, but of course that's not quite as ideal. Still available though.

They're also doing the buyback on RIV, VDH, and AUL at least. Not sure if it's just the "active" selling resorts or not considering they were also doing it at AKL with that flash sale.

If your UY has already arrived/passed for '22 pts then they are buying back the current '23 pts, but of course that's not quite as ideal. Still available though.
if the buyback also applies to AKV then a current member could get the points for as low as $143 pp when buying 200 points direct.

Just noticed that the AKV offer stopped at 5/1.

if the buyback also applies to AKV then a current member could get the points for as low as $143 pp when buying 200 points direct.

Just noticed that the AKV offer stopped at 5/1.
Yeah, it was a heck of a deal for sure. But yeah, it also stopped the other day. If we had wanted AKL I would have been all over it. The current deal at VGF combined with the buyback promo has our attention though.

Yeah, it was a heck of a deal for sure. But yeah, it also stopped the other day. If we had wanted AKL I would have been all over it. The current deal at VGF combined with the buyback promo has our attention though.
What’s the minimum amount of points you have to buy at VGF to take advantage of the promo?

What’s the minimum amount of points you have to buy at VGF to take advantage of the promo?
Our Guide said 150 pt minimum for the $22/pt buyback. We're looking to do 200 split over 150+50. Someone else noted they were able to get the promo on 200 and split it into 4x 50's, so seems like you just need to have a total of 150+.

Is there any difference between purchasing Aulani compared to WDW resorts? As far as taxes and ownership in Hawaii? Considering purchasing a small contract and want to be aware of any good to know information beforehand. (Excluding nightly transient tax, which I’m aware of)
Well, the dues are higher than most resorts unless you purchase a subsidized contract. No difference in taxes or anything like that as it's all rolled up in the dues.

Some people have reported closing taking longer with Aulani and I think I remember seeing something about having to notarize your documents because of Hawaii's rules (but I'm not 100% positive about that).

Just some food for thought, we used SAP to stay at Aulani and found availability to not be an issue currently. You may not get the exact room you want or dates, but there is availability. So in my opinion, I would buy there only if you truly want the 11 month booking window and exact room type/view.

Our Guide said 150 pt minimum for the $22/pt buyback. We're looking to do 200 split over 150+50. Someone else noted they were able to get the promo on 200 and split it into 4x 50's, so seems like you just need to have a total of 150+.
What’s the exact promo and savings for VGF? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter