ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our contract passed ROFR on April 28th and I have yet to hear from Mason. I reached out to our broker and they said Mason should have the documents sent over within the week. Still nothing from Mason.

Anybody have a recent experience with Mason?

Our contract passed ROFR on April 28th and I have yet to hear from Mason. I reached out to our broker and they said Mason should have the documents sent over within the week. Still nothing from Mason.

Took 3 business days following ROFR to get my closing documents from Mason (Cammy).

We closed on a resale contract with them (Cammy) about a month ago. Had docs within 36 hours of closing.

Rumor has it that Cammy is no longer with Mason. She left last week.
I’ve had correspondence with her included as recent as yesterday so unless they are including her for no particular reason, I’m believe she is still with Mason. Of course that doesn’t mean she isn’t leaving at some point.

Maybe it’s delayed because it’s Marcelo handling it and not Cammy.

Hopefully my email is answered on Monday.

So, contrary to what most people have experienced with Mason Title and Cammy, I had a bit of a different experience. This was approximately 2 years ago. The transactions were fast. Mason had our closing documents to us within days. When I received closing docs, they had made typographical errors on the closing documents stating the 150 point contract was a 15 point contract and there were misspellings for my name. After reaching back out, it took days to get the corrected closing documents. Then, once sent in and the closing was finalized, my contract posted, and it didn’t have the correct number of points per the listing. The current year was missing approximately 90 points that the listing said. Turns out the seller had more than one contract and listed the wrong points on the contract they sold me. I would have thought the title company would have caught that with the Estoppel Certificate, however, we closed and it was never caught. It was really disappointing. When I asked Cammy she had stated that normally Disney will catch that and let her know but Covid…🤔 I thought that would be the responsibility of the title company and the broker. That’s why I thought we paid them. 🤷‍♀️ I did get a refund from the seller that was facilitated through the broker but I had planned to take a trip with the points so overall it was just a disappointment. I hope the rest of your closing goes smoothly and you hear something soon! I know how hard it is to wait. I’m on contract number 6!

I think Cammy might have been out of the office for at least part of the week. I asked Cammy for an update on a closing maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, and a day later I got a reply from someone else.

I think Cammy might have been out of the office for at least part of the week. I asked Cammy for an update on a closing maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, and a day later I got a reply from someone else.
I experienced the same thing!
I received my closing documents from Cammy on Tuesday, May 2nd. I sent them back on Wednesday, the 3rd. When I replied to Cammy's message to let her know that I had just dropped the closing documents off with FedEx, I received a reply from Joe acknowledging that Mason could see they were on the way :rolleyes1 He said he would keep me updated as things progressed.

Guess I will be sending an email to Mason to inquire.

Our Mason contact is Marcelo Angulo.
We had Marcelo at Mason Title and we passed ROFR on April 17th and had closing documents on April 21st. So four days. So far I think the process has been quite smooth with our Broker and Marcelo. I would definitely use again.

Our interaction with Marcelo at Mason was very slick and no issues. This was recently in past couple of weeks as well.

So, contrary to what most people have experienced with Mason Title and Cammy, I had a bit of a different experience. This was approximately 2 years ago. The transactions were fast. Mason had our closing documents to us within days. When I received closing docs, they had made typographical errors on the closing documents stating the 150 point contract was a 15 point contract and there were misspellings for my name. After reaching back out, it took days to get the corrected closing documents. Then, once sent in and the closing was finalized, my contract posted, and it didn’t have the correct number of points per the listing. The current year was missing approximately 90 points that the listing said. Turns out the seller had more than one contract and listed the wrong points on the contract they sold me. I would have thought the title company would have caught that with the Estoppel Certificate, however, we closed and it was never caught. It was really disappointing. When I asked Cammy she had stated that normally Disney will catch that and let her know but Covid…🤔 I thought that would be the responsibility of the title company and the broker. That’s why I thought we paid them. 🤷‍♀️ I did get a refund from the seller that was facilitated through the broker but I had planned to take a trip with the points so overall it was just a disappointment. I hope the rest of your closing goes smoothly and you hear something soon! I know how hard it is to wait. I’m on contract number 6!

Just to clarify, estoppel does not give the title company information about points. It only includes the financial information...dues and accurate balance left on any financing.

It is a points activity statement that will give them that information. DVD used to send those, but my understanding is that they no longer do, so brokers ask the owner to send a copy of it direct from their DVC account....

Well for those Mason people, the grass isn't any greener with Magic Title, passed ROFR on 4/18 and 4/28, have not received documents for either yet.
Have you asked for an update? That seems unusually long to wait after ROFR…

Again, no Mason apologist, but almost all of the things that go wrong with closing docs aren’t the fault of the title company. They have to rely on correct information from the broker regarding literally everything about the buyer, and almost everything about the seller. Yes, they must do a title search and yes they do get current financial (estoppel) information from Disney, but they have to rely on the seller, through the broker, for current addresses (for all sellers), correct spellings of sellers names (deaths, marriages, divorces, other legal name changes), and information on any/all outstanding loans against the contract (a title search may show a mortgage or lien, but no balances, payoff amounts, etc.). They also must rely on current point counts being accurate, and that the seller is actually selling the “correct” contract.

Again, no Mason apologist, but almost all of the things that go wrong with closing docs aren’t the fault of the title company. They have to rely on correct information from the broker regarding literally everything about the buyer, and almost everything about the seller. Yes, they must do a title search and yes they do get current financial (estoppel) information from Disney, but they have to rely on the seller, through the broker, for current addresses (for all sellers), correct spellings of sellers names (deaths, marriages, divorces, other legal name changes), and information on any/all outstanding loans against the contract (a title search may show a mortgage or lien, but no balances, payoff amounts, etc.). They also must rely on current point counts being accurate, and that the seller is actually selling the “correct” contract.
I agree with you on all of your points. In my situation, all of my documents up this point reflected the correct spelling of my name. I would assume they would utilize the initial contract for my information, but maybe not. The closing documents reflecting 15 points rather than 150 was simply an error in typing. It’s not to say that I wouldn’t use Mason again, my experience just wasn’t as magical as others have had :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter