• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect people who rent points probably spend more in the parks and resorts than DVC owners as a whole. Plus, it’s free marketing for DVD.

This is not legal advice, but I wonder if it is mostly CYA by Disney because they don’t want to be responsible for any tax consequences of people renting points for profit.

Congrats— looks like ROFR gave you almost a 20% discount! 😛
:) Thanks, yes, it is sweet. It is a good thing that I didn't immediately jump back into things when ROFR took that contract a year ago. I wasn't predicting or expecting the resale prices of DVC to dip as much as they have, but I'm glad I was able to grab one while ROFR is sleeping.

Addonitis. I'm not sure if I can convince the DW to get another one. She loves Disney, but thinks we're overdoing it; she wants to travel to many other places around the world. I'm trying to prepare for retirement in a few years (if the economy cooperates!), with hopes/plans to visit WDW a little more often.

I'm watching with interest. I didn't have the cahonas to go that low, but wanted to pay a lot less than our favourite broker employee paid!

The lowest PVB prices (offered) seem to have been fixed, and still outstanding, at 142/144 for weeks now, so it certainly feels like a standoff between buyers and sellers. I hope that you have found someone to deal.
You're probably right. Nobody is interested in going any lower. I have a question though...why aren't sellers countering? If they are not willing to negotiate, then that should be posted in the listing so the buyers can make offers elsewhere. Occasionally I do see "firm", and DVC Resale Market includes this "Only a Full asking Price Offer Including Closing Costs and any Applicable Dues Reimbursement will be accepted"
It just seems like it would save time and effort for everyone if the sellers were upfront.

I agree with you but legally maybe they found a loophole or maybe the fact we’ve never heard of anyone getting into trouble with Disney on renting is because Disney is actually not that bothered about it
Renting only really exploded at the commercial level like this in the last 5-7 years, and in that time Disney’s business has also exploded. If we are really headed towards a downturn where bookings are soft for Disney for hte first time in years (excluding Covid) then we might see Disney start to care.

In my opinion Disney is doing both a good job and more recently a bad job of marketing DVC. In the long term it is absolutely in Disney's best interest to maximise interest in DVC. Their goal should be to do what it takes to get as many people interested as possible. Direct, Resale, Rental etc. Who cares? These are people who want to spend lots of money to spend additional money at Disney. If I'm willing to spend $30k on a contract to buy future Disney stays where I'm also going to be buying Disney products then they it would be very helpful "rent" the points I don't need to offset cost. This keeps me coming back.

eMoneyBug---$50-$19658-300-VB-Oct-224/22, 600/23, 300/24- sent 4/4, passed 4/18

$15,000 Contract
$3,855 Reimb 2023 dues ($12.85 p/pt)
$225 Admin Fee
$578 Closing

VB 2042 surfs up ride til die
Congrats!! Sweet deal! I decided on a VB contract as well for net cost of $60 per point..too good to pass up, even with higher dues. I was trying for OKW or SSR since we love both resorts, but, since they’re generally available at 7 months, VB made sense. Definitely surfs up with these through 2042!!

same, bid $110 this week on a RIV and only got a 'they want more' as a counter.

I bid on at least 6 RIV resale in March around that level…went has high as $118 and the lowest I got was $130 or $135….but all those contracts are gone and were indeed sold Closer to asking. They were smaller contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter