• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I think a lot of people still distrust resale. I was talking to my friend last night and while they are happy for me, they did warned me that resale is not the same as direct. They won't treat me the same at the resorts, they might cancel my booking if they feel like it...blah, blah, blah....
Ignorance and fear makes people make bad decisions. They recently bought SSR direct 🤷‍♀️
While they aren't wrong, resale is definitely not the same as direct, but the rest...I don't even know what to say to that...just wow!

Cheers for all the help team. I think I understand better.

Might just low ball a load of contracts haha
Just make sure you know how many points you "really" want for your first contract, for example you only need half the points if long term only going every other year, but might not want to calculate on the lowest point rooms (where you're competing for stuff the high point people can grab first with Walking) - so look to see "how many" of each room type are even in the system. Buy where you want to stay (for priority), and avoid inappropriate use years (for your typical trips). Nothing worse than getting a good deal, but wrong, contract into Escrow and having second thoughts for 10 days (when your deposit becomes non refundable). Happy Hunting!

Most of them show the points and use year a few paragraphs into the Deed.

Weirdly, I've seen some Disney Direct which state no Resort Name on the Deed, says percentage and Lot# etc. so I always wonder where those people purchased... Anyone know what those are? Example is document # 20240188232 bought 100 points of April UY - but not sure where?
That is a deed for Old Key West. A lot of the deeds will from DVD will use "Walt Disney World Resort" as the name for OKW, as it was the original DVC resort. If you look at the ground lease referenced, it is from October 1991, which OKW opened in Dec of 1991. The deeds will reference which ground leases the deeds are tied to which are home resort specific.

In all candor, if it weren't for the tangential conversations, this thread would likely fall off the first page of the forum on a daily basis. Since DVC stopped ROFR what, 18 months ago now, (aside from the odd one or two that pop up), all you'd have on here were the few new ROFR posts that people report (and those are few and far between too since everything (*) clears anyway.

If you go to Post #3, there have been all of 27 contracts reported to @pangyal for inclusion since 3/3, or a whopping 7 total contracts reported per week. The thread just doesn't have the same level of contracts reporting that it had a year or so ago (likely because there's no reason to report it when you have about a 99.99999% that it's going to pass anyway). By contrast, the "Closing Time" thread seems to be chugging along at about the same pace as always which means there's still engagement where there's benefit to reporting.

Last edited:
In all candor, if it weren't for the tangential conversations, this thread would likely fall off the first page of the forum on a daily basis. Since DVC stopped ROFR what, 18 months ago now, (aside from the odd one or two that pop up), all you'd have on here were the few new ROFR posts that people report (and those are few and far between too since everything (*) clears anyway.

If you go to Post #3, there have been all of 27 contracts reported to @pangyal for inclusion since 3/3, or a whopping 7 total contracts reported per week. The thread just doesn't have the same level of contracts reporting that it had a year or so ago (likely because there's no reason to report it when you have about a 99.99999% that it's going to pass anyway). By contrast, the "Closing Time" thread seems to be chugging along at about the same pace as always which means there's still engagement where there's benefit to reporting.
It's too bad, because it's just as valuable a tool for pricing information.

True, but even that has to be taken with a grain of salt, because it's pretty common for people to "adjust" what they paid for a contract, for reasons.
True. I was unable to find every reported deal in my review of the recorded deeds from January through yesterday.

Agree 100% I use Closing Time thread to keep track of average closing time for contracts - total time, time through ROFR, time from contract to points showing, etc. This thread has its use but I'm just watching for the occasional contact that may get bought back and congratulating the others that make it through all while keeping up with the interesting chat along the way.

True. I was unable to find every reported deal in my review of the recorded deeds from January through yesterday.
Several (honest) brokers will tell you the same thing. They hear people here and on Facebook say "I'm seeing (fill in the blank resort) contracts that are being sent to ROFR for XXX dollars per point", and they're responding with "I sold that contract and that isn't close to what the buyer paid".

*Apologies for the new tangent, LOL.

Several (honest) brokers will tell you the same thing. They hear people here and on Facebook say "I'm seeing (fill in the blank resort) contracts that are being sent to ROFR for XXX dollars per point", and they're responding with "I sold that contract and that isn't close to what the buyer paid".

Naughty disboarders tut tut

I have no idea why people would make this stuff up. FWIW I used the numbers here as anchors in several recent negotiations, two of which were successful and in not a single one of them did the broker say "hey, your numbers are way off" - despite offering far, far below list and telling the broker that's what I was doing. YMMV.

I have no idea why people would make this stuff up. FWIW I used the numbers here as anchors in several recent negotiations, two of which were successful and in not a single one of them did the broker say "hey, your numbers are way off" - despite offering far, far below list and telling the broker that's what I was doing. YMMV.
I usually back check a few of the numbers - I saw a few not including their closing costs and dues that didn't say if the seller was paying. That is not the norm though

I usually back check a few of the numbers - I saw a few not including their closing costs and dues that didn't say if the seller was paying. That is not the norm though
I have printed SSR contracts that went for 80-89 per point. There are around 30 of them. I then compared the listings on page 1 and pulled each use year and tried to match them. I did this last week and I matched 2. Now it could be that some were posted in December, or it is possible that I just missed seeing some.

I have decided to just do my final searches after 4pm rather than in and out during the day so that I do a more accurate accounting.

As I said there are over 30 deeds with prices from $80-89 so they do exist.

One reason I bid on stripped contracts is because I did not need the points in 2024 and the broker could not argue with me that the low-priced contracts, I see are lower priced because of the points available than what I am offering on.

I would guess the primary reason is all of the crowing that goes on when someone gets that great White Whale deal and the need for people who might not have been so fortunate to not be embarrassed by what they might have paid for a similar contract.

That and possibly leaving out some closing costs (again because someone else managed to get the seller to pay all the closing costs, and all the MF’s on a fully loaded contract (allegedly)).

Simple errors are definitely possible, buts there’s a lot of competition and one-upsmanship on here as well. It’s definitely not uncommon.

Call me an optimist, but I don't tend to believe that there are many DIS'ers just making up their hot SSR deals. It seems nuts. However, if I were inclined toward privacy, especially knowing that there is at least one person scouring the thread, scouring the OCCompt site, printing the deeds, and matching up the deeds I might change details such as the UY or the total number of points so as not to be doxxed.

I think it's funny if people choose to lie to make it sound like they got a better deal than they actually did. What a strange choice.

As far as privacy, I get that. I don't have a very common last name so I try not to use it online for things. But if someone here were to find it out by matching my ROFR info to my deed....what reason would they have to truly doxx me though? What would they gain from knowing my info exactly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter