ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Congratulations, that’s great news 👏

It makes me hopeful that our OKW could pass at $67 🤞
I think I may have seen 'yours' posted as well. Best of luck. I hope you find it encouraging! There aren't many with a '6' starting number out there to compare them to. Some sales sites had me believing it should be going in $10-12 more... It worked. :)

Another large one too. I’m not sure if would have called this “intensifying” based on one additional ROFR—but I do think another wave shows more commitment to supporting PVB prices… but what does it say about CCV/BLT/RIV that are already lower? Only active sales will be supported or where they have no points (VGF)?
I don’t think it says anything about CCV/BLT/RIV…. I think it says they think Poly & VGF are unique properties and they believe they will have no problem selling points at their projected direct pricing.

Another large one too. I’m not sure if would have called this “intensifying” based on one additional ROFR—but I do think another wave shows more commitment to supporting PVB prices… but what does it say about CCV/BLT/RIV that are already lower? Only active sales will be supported or where they have no points (VGF)?
I don’t think they’re doing it to make a price floor, personally.

I can’t explain why they are doing it, but I don’t think that’s the reason.

I don’t think DVC ever buys contracts to set price floors.

sent to ROFRwaived#of daysresort
3/5​
4/1​
27PVB
3/9​
4/1​
23VGF
3/12​
4/1​
20BLT
3/13​
4/1​
19PVB
3/13​
4/2​
20CCV
3/14​
4/2​
19CCV
3/14​
4/3​
20BLT
3/17​
4/5​
19OKW
3/18​
4/5​
18BLT
3/18​
4/5​
18SSR
3/19​
4/6​
18OKW
3/20​
4/8​
19SSR

And this is what I do while I wait...in case it is helpful for anyone else...

I’m hoping to hear about my 75 pt addon this week. Anytime starting today….. it was submitted on 3/23. Today is day 18 and counting…
It's been very consistently 18-19 days to hear back, so you should get your happy news very soon! :)

Congratulations! You single handedly kept me from buying a 150 okw contract with current incentives with this crazy steal!
I was very, very nervous... My wife is very happy now though! I am on short term disability so I have the time and studied pretty hard round the clock for a few weeks and throw my hand up at a few.

I watched a lot of sites (I don't know who sponsors who, but I watched them all) and I found the aesthetically pleasing ones with cartoons had the most listings... I found better deals to be had - though fewer in between - with financial institutions. Deaths, divorces, (- the fun stuff -) sometimes is sold off those places for cheaper than the 'Disney-centric ones.

This is my first time purchasing, and my only experience ... I'm sure stumbling upon the right finds can happen on any site.

I think I may have seen 'yours' posted as well. Best of luck. I hope you find it encouraging! There aren't many with a '6' starting number out there to compare them to. Some sales sites had me believing it should be going in $10-12 more... It worked. :)
Mine was last spring and $92.50 for loaded 100 point okw 2042 contract. I was pleased at the time and still am. Using it for bwv poly split for the first time this summer.

I heavily considered buying 150 OKWe direct with the amazing incentives and selling mine after the trip, but with the prices you freaks are getting I can't make the math work. It's a good thing for me! I will have dry powder for the next shiny new contract!

It's been very consistently 18-19 days to hear back, so you should get your happy news very soon! :)
It's been consistent ... for those that have heard yet! Have you listed those that haven't? :-) Sent on the 18th and nothing yet for me. It seems I'm not the only one from around that time.

I don’t think they’re doing it to make a price floor, personally.

I can’t explain why they are doing it, but I don’t think that’s the reason.

I don’t think DVC ever buys contracts to set price floors.

Normally, I would agree. But the fact they announced a plan for the tower to PvB, and we have seen official documents that use the PVB parcel number for work, I think they may be doing just that.

I always believed that lack of RoFR for PVB favored a new association but taking contracts supported the addition due to the low value of PVB.

They didn’t have to do it with VGF because that price was already higher and they didn’t play the same games with will it/wont it.

So, taking a few here and there may raise it just enough in the next 6 months that it brings the difference closer.

Last edited:
18th day passed …. Crickets. Lol. We will see tomorrow. I’m not sweating it though. Its SSR. I would literally LOL if they ROFR’d it.

I'm fairly sure they're not going to take my AKL one either, I was just hoping for a quick turnaround on this one! We have a stay booked in June that we'd love to use the banked points for so I'm counting the days. I know it's not that important and I can just rent them if it doesn't come through in time, but I'm still checking my emails every hour. :-)
23 days and counting ...

Last edited:
Normally, I would agree. But the fact they announced a plan for the tower to PvB, and we have seen official documents that use the PVB parcel number for work, I think they may be doing just that.

I always believed that lack of RoFR for PVB faveored a new association but taking contracts supported the addition due to the low value of PVB.

They didn’t have to do it with VGF because that price was already higher and they didn’t play the same games with will it/wont it.

So, taking a few here and there may raise it just enough in the next 6 months that it brings the difference closer.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I doubt DVC could have sold as much VGF direct as quickly (even during “fire sale”) if direct priced were averaging $50/pt below incentive prices. If they are hoping to sell PVB around $200 in the same association, it makes sense to try to nudge resale price above $150 and also have the risk that your resale could get snatched by the ROFR monster.

It's been consistent ... for those that have heard yet! Have you listed those that haven't? :-) Sent on the 18th and nothing yet for me. It seems I'm not the only one from around that time.
No, I guess I didn't do a very thorough job. I was just looking at the people that heard back. It was my busywork to keep me sane while waiting. I am not a very patient person.
But now I get another opportunity to exercise patience. Our closing agent just let me know that the seller's e-Notary appt. is on April 23!! 😭

No, I guess I didn't do a very thorough job. I was just looking at the people that heard back. It was my busywork to keep me sane while waiting. I am not a very patient person.
But now I get another opportunity to exercise patience. Our closing agent just let me know that the seller's e-Notary appt. is on April 23!! 😭
It’s actually running between 18-22 days. SSR, BLT, AKL and a few others seems to be running on the shorter end of that tho. I don’t know what is up with the E-Notary appts - that’s the second one I heard that has been a few weeks out. They seem to be in high demand.

Oh no! That's so frustrating. I hope you get a quick ROFR to make up for it. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter