• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually can understand why they say it. Many buyers out there are not as well versed as those of us on the boards.. I could see those that are not being upset if it gets taken and say they would had paid more if they had known. Not all buyers want to start again.

But, for me, I know my price and stuck to it. So many here do the same! Lol

I find that more often than not it happens via email. When I get a broker on the phone I let them know I’m not their typically buyer. I know the market and am agressive with my offers and am OK getting a no for an answer or not passing ROFR but I know the price that I am willing to pay. When I say that, I find they typically know where I’m coming from and we can work together just fine.

Not so much funny as frustrating. Just send on my offer, that's your job!

They do seem to side with sellers a bit more. I suspect it's because it affects their commission.

Exactly! I was chastised and talked down to by a broker regarding my offer. I told them to present the offer or not and explained I didn’t need a lesson in how DVC works 😑 they had the nerve to email me a few days after that trying to play nice and asking if I still wanted to present the offer. I declined. This would have been our first contract and was a very reputable company. We tried a second time on a different contract and actually got them to present the offer which was accepted. We waited well over a week for the contract which they said would be emailed that day. We rescinded our offer and bought direct yesterday.

Yes! I feel this as well. This is my first time going through this process. I have been dying to purchase DVC for the last decade (my husband was the hold out), and I have done much research. We decided to go resale for our first purchase. I made 4 offers with 4 different brokers. I based my offers on research done using these boards and other websites. I also looked at the latest ROFR data available. I had 2 offers excepted the same night offer was made. The other 2 brokers contacted me to tell me my offer was too low and to try to convince me to up my offer. Well, today at 9:32 am, I received an email from my broker congratulating me for passing ROFR. I guess my offer wasn't too low after all. I bid $157 a point on Bay Lake for 200 points and double points (banked from 2021) this year.

I will use the form and input the information as soon as seller and I sign the documents. I am still a bit worried as I am not sure if seller can back out at this point. I won't be able to say which broker I went with because they are not on the approved list on these boards. However, I am not sure why since they have many listings and were super attentive and prompt through this whole process. I thought that brokers are supposed to produce all offers to seller. I don't feel as this is always the case. It seems that it isn't just Disney driving up the prices of resale but that some of the brokers are playing a role in this as well. They might be doing themselves a disservice in the long run. I was already thinking that if I didn't get this contract that I would just purchase a 200 point Animal Kingdom contract direct and save myself the hassle.

Yes! We actually bought direct yesterday because of this. Twice I had nonsense with a very reputable company. The manner in which things were handled on two separate occasions has me questioning everything I’ve learned regarding DVC from the YouTube community singing their praises. Disappointing.

Facebook rental/sale groups. The process is almost the same as traditional route with a broker, the only difference being buyer and seller negotiate directly and sign contract prior to submitting to title company. Title company handles the rest of the process. It’s very easy.

How does the money exchange work? With the title change. Thanks in advance.

How does the money exchange work? With the title change. Thanks in advance.
Exactly the same as when buying or selling with a broker. The title company handles it. Buyer deposits earnest money with title, and either finances or sends in cash at closing and title sends me the proceeds via wire transfer or check.

Flynn's Gal---$140-$7575-50-AKV-Apr-0/20, 0/21, 62/22, 50/23- sent 12/8, passed 1/4

Corrected from original string. It was sent two days later than I thought.

It actually passed on my birthday, but I just found out the date this evening. While I had to finally email the broker for the news, I wasn't too impatient about it because 1.) I was at WDW around the time others near my sent date were hearing about theirs and 2.) I've been in quarantine from a positive COVID test since we got back so I can't to go to the bank anyway.

That’s a good price if you get it! I haven’t seen one that low!
Semi-stripped though. Only 27 points available in 5 months, and full 100 in June of 2023. At current borrowing, you’d get 77 points at best to use in the next 17 months.

Not saying that’s a bad thing, and may be perfect for Cubbiefan’s needs. Just saying that may explain the price PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter