• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this just happened 2 weeks ago! Just didn't think it would be so soon. But 150 points at Riviera was just not enough. Hope it passes.

divaofdisney---$169-$8650-50-RIV-Apr-0/21, 43/22, 50/23- sent 1/11
You should be fine- it would have to be some kind of shockingly low (like under $100/point) for Disney to even look at buying back a resort they’re still selling.
We just stayed at Riviera last week and loved it!

Fidelity is making me nuts this week. I submitted an offer through their website on Sunday (knowing they don’t work on the weekend- no problem). Monday comes, no word. I called the listing agent, got his voicemail, left a message around 2 pm. Nothing. The chat from the website pops up from the corner of my eye, so I tried that around 4:30- they said they’ll let the listing agent know I need a call.

Now it’s Tuesday morning and there’s still no word!

I reached out this morning to the broker to see if he could contact Disney to see if something was wrong and then we magically got the email!

KVacc---$172-$18700-100-CCV@WL-Mar-0/21, 104/22, 100/23- sent 12/20, passed 1/25

Yay!! Congratulations!! :)

Lorana---$170-$9398-50-PVB-Sep-0/21, 100/22, 50/23- sent 1/17

Oooops. If the stock market was doing then what it's doing now, I probably wouldn't have made this offer. I confess I'm debating whether I want to lose the deposit and pull out or not, but I figure I'll wait to see where things are when/if this passes.
OMG! My hero! My wife and I were looking at our portfolio yesterday as I was begging her permission to buy a BCV contract. Please talk to her!

Oooops. If the stock market was doing then what it's doing now, I probably wouldn't have made this offer. I confess I'm debating whether I want to lose the deposit and pull out or not, but I figure I'll wait to see where things are when/if this passes.

Hey, Lorana,

Help a girl out. How do you know if a resale contract is Kidani or Jambo? Does it matter? I need AKV in my little portfolio.

Hey, Lorana,

Help a girl out. How do you know if a resale contract is Kidani or Jambo? Does it matter? I need AKV in my little portfolio.
Your deed might specify a specific piece of property but contractually, they are the same. You have 11 month advantage and annual dues for both.

Hey, Lorana,

Resale contracts might be hard to figure out, unless the broker is listing the unit (which SHOULD be in the offer contract once an offer is being finalized) or unless you know the seller's name (if you have the name, go to https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp and look up their deed to get their unit #).

Jambo House has Units 1 through 56 and Kidani has Units 57A through 120C.

It doesn't ACTUALLY matter which one you own, as they are part of the same condo association (though if in the future something happened that they somehow weren't, then it might matter). However, our first resale turned out to be Kidani (which we saw when it was added to our DVC account), and so when we added on a small # of direct points, we purposefully asked for Jambo House points as we wanted to own at both, lol.

OMG! My hero! My wife and I were looking at our portfolio yesterday as I was begging her permission to buy a BCV contract. Please talk to her!
If it's a SEP UY BCV contract at a reasonable price, I might actually try to beat you to it. I keep telling myself NO to BCV, because DH isn't a fan of the theming (in fairness, the theming is SPOT ON but we live in Massachusetts, and so we don't want to vacation in a hotel that makes us think we're on Cape Cod), but I confess I love the lazy river and the walk to Epcot, and I'd love the option to have a couple of nights at BCV. But he wanted RIV and RIV made more long-term sense, so we own there. So I don't need BCV. I need to keep telling myself this. I do not need BCV!

But if you do NOT have an Epcot area resort, I think it's worth adding it in! We love split stays, and having a resort that makes it easy to get to Epcot and HS is ideal. ESPECIALLY if you like eating out... being able to walk to the World Showcase just makes it awesome in terms of dinner options. And LAZY RIVER. Who doesn't want a lazy river? I took my BFF to BCV in May for a girlfriend weekend away, and we literally spent most of the day floating around the lazy river and then soaking in the hot tub -- leaving our kids at home with the hubbies -- and that is the way to spend a weekend. (And admittedly partly why I now want to own at BCV, lol).

If it's a SEP UY BCV contract at a reasonable price, I might actually try to beat you to it. I keep telling myself NO to BCV, because DH isn't a fan of the theming (in fairness, the theming is SPOT ON but we live in Massachusetts, and so we don't want to vacation in a hotel that makes us think we're on Cape Cod), but I confess I love the lazy river and the walk to Epcot, and I'd love the option to have a couple of nights at BCV. But he wanted RIV and RIV made more long-term sense, so we own there. So I don't need BCV. I need to keep telling myself this. I do not need BCV!

But if you do NOT have an Epcot area resort, I think it's worth adding it in! We love split stays, and having a resort that makes it easy to get to Epcot and HS is ideal. ESPECIALLY if you like eating out... being able to walk to the World Showcase just makes it awesome in terms of dinner options. And LAZY RIVER. Who doesn't want a lazy river? I took my BFF to BCV in May for a girlfriend weekend away, and we literally spent most of the day floating around the lazy river and then soaking in the hot tub -- leaving our kids at home with the hubbies -- and that is the way to spend a weekend. (And admittedly partly why I now want to own at BCV, lol).
Don’t tell me! Tell my wife! Ok, I’m PMing you her number 😂

Aren’t you still in the 10 day recision period or did it just pass on you?

Fidelity is making me nuts this week. I submitted an offer through their website on Sunday (knowing they don’t work on the weekend- no problem). Monday comes, no word. I called the listing agent, got his voicemail, left a message around 2 pm. Nothing. The chat from the website pops up from the corner of my eye, so I tried that around 4:30- they said they’ll let the listing agent know I need a call.

My experience with Fidelty was pretty bad, I wouldn't use them again unless they had *THE* unicorn contract I needed. Hope you hear something!

Aren’t you still in the 10 day recision period or did it just pass on you?
I thought we had passed it, but now that you mention it, it looks like we're actually still in it. Which means I have 48 hours (assuming 10 days from 1/17 means we have until EOD 1/27?) to make my decision. Thanks for pointing that out!

My experience with Fidelty was pretty bad, I wouldn't use them again unless they had *THE* unicorn contract I needed. Hope you hear something!
They have our second contract for 75 CCV points. Compared to DVC Resale who is doing our 150 point CCV contract I like DVC Resale better. But fidelity had this smaller contract with the same use year.

Yep. They aren't the fastest. But they usually are the cheapest. Worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter