• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorana---$170-$9398-50-PVB-Sep-0/21, 100/22, 50/23- sent 1/17

Oooops. If the stock market was doing then what it's doing now, I probably wouldn't have made this offer. I confess I'm debating whether I want to lose the deposit and pull out or not, but I figure I'll wait to see where things are when/if this passes.
You're within 10 days. You can back out without losing any money

Speaking of Fidelity, just saw a VGF for $172 and thinking “great deal”. Then I saw how many points and my eyes almost popped out. 1291😜
Wow, one could stay at VGF for about 2 months in a studio with that many points. But, it's probably more cost effective to buy a house in Orlando for the same price and turn it into a VRBO or AirBNB.

Microbuns---$130-$25804-182-SSR-Aug-0/21, 182/22, 182/23-International Seller- sent 1/7
Sad update, got a call from my broker, thinking I was hearing about a ROFR decision, but it was to tell me that the seller had made a mistake and this is actually a contract that needs a May delayed closing, so we need to re-send to ROFR. Annoying.

Microbuns---$130-$25804-182-SSR-Aug-0/21, 182/22, 182/23-International Seller- sent 1/25

Y'all got a cheat sheet by chance of the typical cadence/steps of purchasing? =)
We're at the all parties have docu-signed the "contract for sale and purchase" document and deposit paid stage.... My guess is infancy stage?:jester:

Last edited:

Sad update, got a call from my broker, thinking I was hearing about a ROFR decision, but it was to tell me that the seller had made a mistake and this is actually a contract that needs a May delayed closing, so we need to re-send to ROFR. Annoying.

Microbuns---$130-$25804-182-SSR-Aug-0/21, 182/22, 182/23-International Seller- sent 1/25
Don't sign. It is an international seller. Offer them $125 for the hassle. It won't be taken in ROFR.

Don't sign. It is an international seller. Offer them $125 for the hassle. It won't be taken in ROFR.

I wouldn’t sign. I would want that contract at $120 or less. I had one the other day LOADED contact (2020 and 2021 points) counter at $125, I passed On it because I don’t want more SSR points unless it’s a great price!

Genuine question here from a new-ish owner (don't know how much longer I can keep saying that), but what's the point of putting up a contract for sale with a delayed closing? As in, why not just put the contract up after the last stay? It's not like the prices are that high now that warrant a quick sale, I mean prices could trend even higher after the last stay, right? Maybe not understanding the full picture, but I feel like there's limited interest in a delayed closing contract unless the buyer already is a member and doesn't need the points right away. Doesn't make sense to me to limit the buyer pool to those willing to wait (and more likely to haggle, as is the case above).

Genuine question here from a new-ish owner (don't know how much longer I can keep saying that), but what's the point of putting up a contract for sale with a delayed closing? As in, why not just put the contract up after the last stay? It's not like the prices are that high now that warrant a quick sale, I mean prices could trend even higher after the last stay, right? Maybe not understanding the full picture, but I feel like there's limited interest in a delayed closing contract unless the buyer already is a member and doesn't need the points right away. Doesn't make sense to me to limit the buyer pool to those willing to wait (and more likely to haggle, as is the case above).
Mostly because the seller has a planned vacation using existing points but they also want to get their contracts listed asap for max visibility is my guess

Lee_Matthews---$137-$15126-100-AKV-Sep-0/21, 86/22, 100/23- sent 01/26

This will be our 3rd and last contract....probably

We thought long and hard for weeks whether to spend the extra $$$ for 150 points and go direct for a Blue card but decided against it.

Last edited:

I have bought and sold a few. There is a market for them. When we aold, we figured it didn’t hurt to list that way as worst case was we didn’t get it an odderquickly.

There are buyers out there who like having that extra time to come up with or hang on to the funds.

When we bought, it was for that reason. In all cases, the price for the sale was within line with others.

Plus, giving myself time to sell allowed me to make other decisions as we always did to buy something else.

There really is no downside to it.

Question..... just curious is one able to sell a contract that is not paid off yet? More or less like transferring ownership or just selling or deeding back to Disney?

I would look for another SSR contract and not wait for a May closing, and if there is an issue already with the seller, chances are they will "forget" other things during the closing and drag it out even longer.

Question..... just curious is one able to sell a contract that is not paid off yet? More or less like transferring ownership or just selling or deeding back to Disney?
Yes. When the contract closes they will deduct the amount of the loan from your proceeds to pay it off. At least that's what happened when I sold resale.

I believe you can sell it while still owing money but if it doesn’t sell for more than what you owe you might need to bring money to the table to close if it’s not enough to cover the cost of sale and brokers fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter