• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question..... just curious is one able to sell a contract that is not paid off yet? More or less like transferring ownership or just selling or deeding back to Disney?

DVD will sometimes take contracts back but for a very low price. Much lower than it can be sold on the resale market.

As already mentioned, if proceeds of the sale, after fees and commissions, isn’t enough to pay off the loan, the seller then has to cover that shortfall before it can close.

asaj---$121-$19955-150-BRV@WL-Jun-0/21, 81/22, 150/23- sent 1/11, passed 1/26

I didn't think we were at high risk with this one, but still feels nice to have it pass. I am sure there are better prices out there, but this was the perfect amount of points and matched our UY...so for me it wasn't worth squabbling over a few hundred dollars. We are excited!

Yep. They aren't the fastest. But they usually are the cheapest. Worth it.

I really don't mind Fidelity. Even the $195 fee, when it means I don't have to pay a "premium" for a small contract. Even with the $195, their small contracts are priced reasonably.

What I don't understand is why I can't pick one broker and use one broker across any resale transaction, like real estate, where it doesn't matter who has the listing.

And it feels like the Title rep is the one who deserves any commission.

update:

Bigorsmall---$132-$35916-250-AKV-Aug-0/20, 362/21, 250/22, 250/23- sent 1/9, passed 1/25

Bigorsmall---$115-$319485-150-AUL-Aug-0/20, 150/21, 150/22,150/23- sent 1/10, passed 1/26

Very nice. Were you hoping both would pass? lol

update:

Bigorsmall---$132-$35916-250-AKV-Aug-0/20, 362/21, 250/22, 250/23- sent 1/9, passed 1/25

Bigorsmall---$115-$19484-150-AUL-Aug-0/20, 150/21, 150/22,150/23- sent 1/10, passed 1/26

Just realized that the total cost of the AUL contract was wrong. Updated.

I really don't mind Fidelity. Even the $195 fee, when it means I don't have to pay a "premium" for a small contract. Even with the $195, their small contracts are priced reasonably.

What I don't understand is why I can't pick one broker and use one broker across any resale transaction, like real estate, where it doesn't matter who has the listing.

And it feels like the Title rep is the one who deserves any commission.

I'm using Fidelity for the first time on a BLT contract and I've not been impressed. Just found out today that the agent input the Sellers name incorrectly on the contract. Disney caught the mistake. Back to the bottom of the pile we go!

But the price is good... so here's hoping it works out. Fingers crossed.

As for the $195 fee, I negotiated that the Seller pays it. I simply told the Broker I wouldn't have to pay it with any other Brokerage. Not for me to pay when it was the Seller who chose Fidelity. I didn't receive any pushback.

So true!! I’ve got two mini contracts (which I know are your favorites) that I’m waiting for the paperwork to get signed that I couldn’t pass up and I just passed ROFR last week 🤣 They are the same owner so I’m bundling closing costs.
AWESOME! Bundling contracts is such a great way to save YOU money and doesn't involve any negotiations. I've done it three times. What a win!

:worship:

Feeling really bad for the 1,000-pt AUL contract owner. That's a lot of dues.

If 10 of us offered $100 pp and drew up a contract to each be responsible for/not to use more than 100 pts per year in a shared account....

divaofdisney---$169-$8650-50-RIV-Apr-0/21, 43/22, 50/23- sent 1/11 passed 1/26/22

So Disney waived the ROFR on our Riviera resale- officially adding 50 more points!! So happy and excited. Only took 15 days- very quick considering our last resale took 105 days from start to finish!!

Last edited:
Tbella---$157-$33640-200-BLT-Mar-0/20, 0/21, 400/22, 200/23- sent 12/16, passed 1/10

My deed is showing recorded today so waiting for membership number from DVC. This is our first contract and we are very excited. I am so grateful to these boards and the podcast for all the guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter