ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could get my husband in the same Addonitis boat I’m in! lol Some of those BLT prices look great! Good luck to you passing ROFR!
I feel like every relationship has one person with addonitis and then their partner holding them back. I'm still afflicted with addonitis after purchasing a second contract not even 1 month after the purchase of our first one and now I'm waiting for VDH to drop :goofy:

Ugh, submitted today! I’m a nervous wreck!

Heightshero---$120-$20048-150-SSR-Dec-0/21, 150/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 1/8
Just found out!

Heightshero---$120-$20048-150-SSR-Dec-0/21, 150/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 1/8, passed 1/25

I’m SO EXCITED. This is our first contract and can’t wait to visit! We’re going to try to go in May!

The email said this, is this the normal procedure to do both at once?:

Disney Vacation Club has waived your contract and has issued the Estoppel certificate in one fell swoop!

Last edited:
Update (passed!):
Zachatak---$105-$22115-210-OKW(E)-Feb 0/22, 370/23, 210/24- sent 1/10, passed 1/25

Zachatak---$110-$11936-100-OKW(E)-Feb 0/22, 165/23, 100/24- sent 1/11, passed 1/25

Now we just wait for Cammy @ Mason to step on it so we can close!

Just found out!

Heightshero---$120-$20048-150-SSR-Dec-0/21, 150/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 1/8, passed 1/26

I’m SO EXCITED. This is our first contract and can’t wait to visit! We’re going to try to go in May!

The email said this, is this the normal procedure to do both at once?:

Disney Vacation Club has waived your contract and has issued the Estoppel certificate in one fell swoop!
You passed on the 26th.. but that’s tomorrow! Tomorrow😂

Update (passed!):
Zachatak---$105-$22115-210-OKW(E)-Feb 0/22, 370/23, 210/24- sent 1/10, passed 1/25

Zachatak---$110-$11936-100-OKW(E)-Feb 0/22, 165/23, 100/24- sent 1/11, passed 1/25

Now we just wait for Cammy @ Mason to step on it so we can close!
DANG! 1/11. 14 days. Congratulations. We’ve been getting some quick passes today, but I think that one is the winner. Im also 1/11 so I hope any day!!

Anyone else hoping to see at least a contract taken by Disney from time to time just to prop prices a bit? Don’t like buying and seeing prices continuing to go down as economic news only getting worse.

lol, yeah I know. My wife desperately wants the addonitis shirt from the board sponsor. Bright side is seller still won't budge. I partly understand why, 300 pts with 300pts banked, for OKWE at $109 is a good price, but he wants pretty much full price(hasn't given a counter, just says no and that he wants around asking). I went $90, then $96 with no counter, so I am out. We love OKW but if the price is the same or higher for OKW compared to SSR, I figure go for SSR especially when 300 points is more than I really want.
If I make an offer, and they counter at asking price I’m done. No reason to negotiate against yourself, there are plenty of other contracts out there right now.

I've been offering significantly under all the SSR contracts that have been of interest to me - the prices are clearly dropping but a lot of sellers are still holding on. No worries to me - but eventually I will find one that makes sense.

Plenty of sellers holding strong at $130-140 a point while everything I see going to ROFR is $95-105
Well the good news is that there are a TON of SSR contracts out there. I just went into ROFR for one at $100pp... but definitely wasn't the first one I offered on. Took some time to find people who apparently really want to sell and are willing to deal but I had the time... :)

I went to the Orange County site and did a search from the 1st of the year. If my calculation is correct Disney brought back two BLT 160-point contracts

One for $126 a point
One for $135 a point

The deed has the % as .8147% and the doc tax was $141.40 and $151.20.

There were several other smaller contracts which they paid significantly more than that to take back. and 1 larger contract they paid $162 to take back.

I admit I could have made a calculation error, but I think I have the formula correct.

I went to the Orange County site and did a search from the 1st of the year. If my calculation is correct Disney brought back two BLT 160-point contracts

One for $126 a point
One for $135 a point

The deed has the % as .8147% and the doc tax was $141.40 and $151.20.

There were several other smaller contracts which they paid significantly more than that to take back. and 1 larger contract they paid $162 to take back.

I admit I could have made a calculation error, but I think I have the formula correct.
your calculations look right. Those contracts bought back were likely taken in November/early December as Disney closings are not very quick. Will take some more time to see recent contracts taken.

Last edited:
Well the good news is that there are a TON of SSR contracts out there. I just went into ROFR for one at $100pp... but definitely wasn't the first one I offered on. Took some time to find people who apparently really want to sell and are willing to deal but I had the time... :)
Haha congrats! I am definitely willing to take my time - we only bought our first direct contract a month ago and we already have addonitis. I am sure eventually someone will be willing to deal the on exactly what i need.

Passed today..our first resale. We are direct Boardwalk. Thrilled, we used DVC Market. I am jealous of all the better deals people are getting, but I am still thrilled with our purchase! Estoppel was issued at the same time.

laborowski---$122-$20319-150-SSR-Mar-0/21, 0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/11/23, passed 1/25/23

Passed today..our first resale. We are direct Boardwalk. Thrilled, we used DVC Market. I am jealous of all the better deals people are getting, but I am still thrilled with our purchase!

laborowski---$122-$20319-150-SSR-Mar-0/21, 0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/11/23, passed 1/25/23
Oh and estoppel was issued at the same time.

So my title company if First American Title Company California (through Fidelity). Anyone have experience with them? Are they fairly quick to close with no issues? I am hoping it's smooth sailing! I'm not sure I am still going to believe this is all for real until it's 100% done! Are there any possible snags we can run into from here? Or is it pretty much a done deal? I'm a very nervous first time buyer here! Thanks!
We just went through this process with First American a few weeks ago and it was great. I called our officer to check in about a week after we wired funds, and they transferred me right to her desk. Your officer's name will be on the paperwork and the phone number can be found on their vacation ownership website. Just google it.

If anything this thread probably helped prop up prices when Disney was more active in ROFR on certain properties.

It certainly did on ours. We tried 4 times to finally pass our CC, increasing our price each times based on what we were seeing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter