ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard from the broker that the seller is removing the contract from the market. Oh well. I guess the seller wasn't as desperate as I was hoping.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Weird that the contract gets removed so quickly after listing. Maybe they don't like dealing with offers, instead of people just buying it for what they listed it at. I know of another OKWE contract in your range of PP, but for 300 points. I tried but they are holding to wanting something close to their asking of $109

So my title company if First American Title Company California (through Fidelity). Anyone have experience with them? Are they fairly quick to close with no issues? I am hoping it's smooth sailing! I'm not sure I am still going to believe this is all for real until it's 100% done! Are there any possible snags we can run into from here? Or is it pretty much a done deal? I'm a very nervous first time buyer here! Thanks!
I was just assigned the same title company today. How long did the process take for you?

DVCKing---$164-$17684-100-CCV@WL-Sep-0/21, 116/22, 100/23, 100/24-Seller pays MF 22- sent 1/12, passed 1/26

Got our notification from the broker about an hour ago!
What broker?

I think it depends on you. I had many people tell me it isn't a big deal having 2 use years and that it can be useful. I bought a contract in a second use year and I can't stand it. It annoys me that I can't combine points from the 2 years easily, its a pain. I wouldn't do it again. In fact part of the reason I am buying another contract now is so that in a few years from now we probably will sell our other use year contract we bought last year so that we can go back to one use year. Others though say it is fine for them. I use my points almost all as "stay around points" and don't tend to use the points at my home resort, so for me combining the points is more important.
I have two use years and it’s worked out because I have a lot of points in both use years and we do smaller stays. If I was booking longer stays that used up most of my points it would definitely be annoying. I love being able to have 4 waitlists sometimes.

g_skywalker---$130-$22666-160-BLT-Feb-37/22, 320/23, 160/24- sent 1/26

Shame the 37 points will just expire. I had the agent from yesterdays SSR possible sale coming back to me today saying the other buyer backed out and ask did I want the SSR? Its tough, SSR at $92 loaded, or BLT loaded for $130? Figured we signed this, will stick with this one. More likely to be able to get another SSR that cheap then get a BLT this cheap.

I have two use years and it’s worked out because I have a lot of points in both use years and we do smaller stays. If I was booking longer stays that used up most of my points it would definitely be annoying. I love being able to have 4 waitlists sometimes.
We do longer stays mostly(10 nights), in 2 bdrm's, so its a lot of points. The smaller trips I book are mostly for rentals to a friend. I work Sunday's so I don't get a weekend to go away, and we are in Canada. We are flying down in Sept after church(my work), for 4 nights but that is not the norm. The norm is 1st week of July when we we for 10 nights in a 2bdrm at BLT.

g_skywalker---$130-$22666-160-BLT-Feb-37/22, 320/23, 160/24- sent 1/26

Shame the 37 points will just expire. I had the agent from yesterdays SSR possible sale coming back to me today saying the other buyer backed out and ask did I want the SSR? Its tough, SSR at $92 loaded, or BLT loaded for $130? Figured we signed this, will stick with this one. More likely to be able to get another SSR that cheap then get a BLT this cheap.
I agree BLT loaded is the way to go and less likely to see as often.

Just passed ROFR this morning. I got an email from Fidelity letting me know. The closing company is First American. Haven’t heard from them yet but Fidelity indicated they would reach out to me soon.
I heard from fidelity 1/24 that we passed ROFR and the title company is also First American. Yesterday I got an email (from fidelity) telling me to watch for papers to arrive from First American. It said I should see them within 2 weeks.

I heard from fidelity 1/24 that we passed ROFR and the title company is also First American. Yesterday I got an email (from fidelity) telling me to watch for papers to arrive from First American. It said I should see them within 2 weeks.
Odd. I did not get any kind of timeline, but Fidelity did say to watch my email to hear from First American.

When our contract first got submitted to ROFR, I got an email from someone at First American right away (Rebecca) who just reached out to provide her contact info, etc. So I wrote her, because of course I have no patience at all with this particular thing. Some of the contracts in the Closing Time thread seem to have closed within a few days…

Smudge1100---$103-$17441-150-SSR-Feb-0/22, 149/23, 150/24- sent 1/26

So that’s the second one off to ROFR, fingers crossed we’ll hear about the first one next week 🤞🏻 Ideally we only wanted another 100 or so, but hey, I won’t say no to a bit of a points cushion! Hopefully by next month we’ll have them both through and have 260 at SSR, nice starting point for us!

Odd. I did not get any kind of timeline, but Fidelity did say to watch my email to hear from First American.

When our contract first got submitted to ROFR, I got an email from someone at First American right away (Rebecca) who just reached out to provide her contact info, etc. So I wrote her, because of course I have no patience at all with this particular thing. Some of the contracts in the Closing Time thread seem to have closed within a few days…
So I just got something in email from First American. It is documents to esign and instructions to wire transfer. It would be awesome if this happens in days or even a couple weeks!

Edit: It says estimated settlement date 3/4/23. Ooof. I hope it's faster than that if I wire the money tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter