ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at ROFR on 2 SSR (Feb UY) contracts.

The first is 110 points. It was listed for $112, we offered $107 and accepted without negotiation.

The second is 150 points. It was listed for $108, we offered $100 and they countered at $103 which we accepted.

Generally wasn’t difficult. The only other contract we offered on was a 120 point which was listed at $112. We offered first $103 and then went to $107 and the seller wouldn’t budge (or even counter) so we left that one.

Would also add that these offers were in within a matter of hours of the contract being loaded to the site.
We purchased at SSR for basically the same price $104 for 180 points. 450 points available for 2023 and 2024.

We paid the asking price.

Noting your Join date, 10 years is tremendous will-power.
Well, I joined initially for DL trip planning. I ended up having APs there for a couple of years, back when a non-local could purchase them for around $500 each without half the calendar blocked out. Those were the days. Around the same time, I discovered DVC thanks to these boards and started dreaming about owning. We had no money for such purchases then, and my husband was not onboard anyway. Finally, I have worn him down, and we can make it happen. I am striking while the iron is hot and buying small contracts at AKL and AUL :)

So as I have been thinking about selling my GFV contract as I'm not happy with the creation of the new hotel rooms being added into the current association. However, the tone on this thread has given me pause and makes me think I should just hold on to them (maybe rent?) for awhile.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster....

We're in the process of making offers for our first DVC contract. Listen to this shenanigans:
We just offered $90pp on an SSR contract (listed at $129pp) through a broker that *did* have an offer threshold tool. The seller countered above asking. Hoping that it was a mistake, we counter-countered with $95..... they countered with $200pp! I reached out to the broker to let them know that while we understood sellers had absolute control over what they were willing to accept, we found the gesture to be juvenile and not a great representation of the brokerage's sellers in a saturated market. The broker then informed us that the seller was so offended by our offer and was so upset that the broker allowed it to be sent, THAT HE PULLED HIS LISTING ENTIRELY.

Stay safe out there, y'all.... it's a wild world.
Wow! Is the seller 12 years old?

So as I have been thinking about selling my GFV contract as I'm not happy with the creation of the new hotel rooms being added into the current association. However, the tone on this thread has given me pause and makes me think I should just hold on to them (maybe rent?) for awhile.
I would definitely wait it out if you can. VGF’s long term value will go back up once it gets sold out, though probably never back to what it was when it used to be a small boutique resort. I certainly wouldn’t be thrilled either about the addition of the resort studios. It would be equivalent to VGC turning an entire wing into resort studios. Thankfully, GCH never has any issues selling out the rooms on the cash side.

We purchased at SSR for basically the same price $104 for 180 points. 450 points available for 2023 and 2024.

We paid the asking price.
Yep, sounds pretty similar to us then. Across both contracts we have 208 for 2023 and full 260 for 2024

Hello All--I am just now getting into the resale market after buying direct Feb 2020 (great timing!). Is it unreasonable to ask the seller to pay closing costs? I don't want to be too out of pocket with that request, but there are so many contracts out there...

Hello All--I am just now getting into the resale market after buying direct Feb 2020 (great timing!). Is it unreasonable to ask the seller to pay closing costs? I don't want to be too out of pocket with that request, but there are so many contracts out there...
Probably easier to lowball the price per point then it is to get the seller to pay closing costs, at least in my experience.

Thank you! I'm now thinking so too. I do hope time is on my side while I search for the FEB use year unicorn I'm looking for! I appreciate your feedback.

I would definitely wait it out if you can. VGF’s long term value will go back up once it gets sold out, though probably never back to what it was when it used to be a small boutique resort. I certainly wouldn’t be thrilled either about the addition of the resort studios. It would be equivalent to VGC turning an entire wing into resort studios. Thankfully, GCH never has any issues selling out the rooms on the cash side.
I don’t quite understand this… why is there an issue with extra rooms being added? Surely that makes it easier to book a room, which is a bonus?
Full disclosure I’m currently in ROFR for a VGF contract as we stayed in the new rooms in December and loved them 🤣

I don’t quite understand this… why is there an issue with extra rooms being added? Surely that makes it easier to book a room, which is a bonus?
Full disclosure I’m currently in ROFR for a VGF contract as we stayed in the new rooms in December and loved them 🤣
Since they only added studios it dilutes the points available. It will be harder to get a 1bdr etc with that many extra points floating around.

The original Deluxe Studios in the original VGF building are different than the "Resort Studios" in the Big Pine Key building. The Resort Studios are essentially hotel rooms. Now some like that with the 2 queen beds, but as we are usually just 2, those don't work great for us. We also really like the split bath setup in the original Deluxe Studios.

Because they rolled all these new "resort studios" units into the existing association, all the new buyers can also access the Deluxe Studios, 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom villas in the original building at 7 months. And as there are so many more people now able to vie for those rooms (as there are no more built in those categories), they are now booking up much faster than they did before the addition.

Many original VGF owners like myself are upset because we feel that the new conversion of BPK should have been its own separate association. We now have a lot more competition for units that we already owned...

The original Deluxe Studios in the original VGF building are different than the "Resort Studios" in the Big Pine Key building. The Resort Studios are essentially hotel rooms. Now some like that with the 2 queen beds, but as we are usually just 2, those don't work great for us. We also really like the split bath setup in the original Deluxe Studios.

Because they rolled all these new "resort studios" units into the existing association, all the new buyers can also access the Deluxe Studios, 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom villas in the original building at 7 months. And as there are so many more people now able to vie for those rooms (as there are no more built in those categories), they are now booking up much faster than they did before the addition.

Many original VGF owners like myself are upset because we feel that the new conversion of BPK should have been its own separate association. We now have a lot more competition for units that we already owned...
Well said!

VGF was valued a lot higher because it was a small resort and very difficult to book at 7 months. Now almost anyone can book there at 7 months. Now no one really needs to pay a premium own and stay there and the resort as a whole is devalued.

VGF was valued a lot higher because it was a small resort and very difficult to book at 7 months. Now almost anyone can book there at 7 months. Now no one really needs to pay a premium own and stay there and the resort as a whole is devalued.
Same thing likely with the Poly.

mine just showed up, but the owners named showed up too. Maybe once disney finalizes everything it will come off.
Remind me, you were right in front of me and also through fidelity/first American? I reached out to first American on Friday and they said they had the sellers electronic docs back signed but we’re waiting on the notarized package to show up. Hoping it gets to them this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter