ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that missing point clauses are important and I always request a screenshot or proof of points before wiring money over as some kind of reassurance (though they still can transfer points before Disney transfers the contract), but I'd be curious how effective they are in actually getting any funds from the seller post-closing if the seller transferred out any points. If you can't get the funds directly from the seller through non-legal remediation (e.g. working with broker), small claims court seems hardly worth it.

A real solution to all of this would be for Disney to somehow freeze a contract until they transfer the contract or some time after closing in case the deal falls through, but I don't think it's in their interest to do so.

I agree that missing point clauses are important and I always request a screenshot or proof of points before wiring money over as some kind of reassurance (though they still can transfer points before Disney transfers the contract), but I'd be curious how effective they are in actually getting any funds from the seller post-closing if the seller transferred out any points. If you can't get the funds directly from the seller through non-legal remediation (e.g. working with broker), small claims court seems hardly worth it.

A real solution to all of this would be for Disney to somehow freeze a contract until they transfer the contract or some time after closing in case the deal falls through, but I don't think it's in their interest to do so.

Sure, but in my time here, I don't know if I've ever even heard of a situation where someone was buying and the seller gave less points than agreed to. I'm sure it has happened in a very rare case here or there -- but this doesn't appear to be something that really needs to be worried about too much...

njcoach24---$137.5-$6500-40-VGF-Mar-0/22, 40/23, 40/24, 40/25- sent 2/3

Fingers crossed! So excited to hopefully add on to the POLY contract I snagged at the start of the pandemic.
I'll be interested to see what happens with this VGF contract as it is well below current active sales pricing. Also, because we've been toying around with selling our 100 VGF points. I do remember that when they went on sale to existing members, they were sold at $145/pt, so I thought that may be a floor, and quite honestly, if I were to sell, I would expect a good bit more than that. So, as a seller, it tells me to just stay out of the market and maybe just rent points or just keep using them...

I'll be interested to see what happens with this VGF contract as it is well below current active sales pricing. Also, because we've been toying around with selling our 100 VGF points. I do remember that when they went on sale to existing members, they were sold at $145/pt, so I thought that may be a floor, and quite honestly, if I were to sell, I would expect a good bit more than that. So, as a seller, it tells me to just stay out of the market and maybe just rent points or just keep using them...

Indeed. I am interested if that one passes ROFR. They haven't been buying back hardly anything lately -- but this one is quite a bit below "market value", IMO. So this might say quite a bit about the state of things if Disney still doesn't take it back...

Indeed. I am interested if that one passes ROFR. They haven't been buying back hardly anything lately -- but this one is quite a bit below "market value", IMO. So this might say quite a bit about the state of things if Disney still doesn't take it back...
I think it's a combination of the general state of things but also the fact that they're about to have AUL, RIV, VGF, VDH and pretty soon Poly2 actively selling. Hopefully some nice incentives will come out during their peak inventory.

I suppose there are plenty of people who want that flexibility or option to use wherever. I think the introduction of 350 new villas at VDH might also negatively impact VGC rental prices and resale prices. I don’t know. It can go either way. Either VGC demand goes down because of more choices at DLR. Or VDH underwhelms and VGC remains highly desired. Only time will tell!
I'd be thrilled if VGC resale prices declined, hands down would buy more points there over VDH!

I've always been a bit confused on how that is written. So, I'm not supposed to say "I used Fidelity"? I'm supposed to say "I used http://www.fidelityresales.com/"?

Correct. Having said that, the brokers listed in the link are ones we know at this time will not be blocked by the board's filter and as mods, we do let these stay if someone posts just the name.

However, any other broker not listed, may or may not be allowed, so its on the poster to make sure, which is why always posting the link from the website ensures no rules are violated. Posting just the name (or any other information that hints at who is being used) can risk a warning if the website for that business is filtered.

I even try to remember to post a link because things can change.

This doesn't apply to most people that are new to DVC ownership, or at least within 4-5 years of ownership. After that, I can see people wanting a little more balance in their vacations. But the first few years, there is nothing buy Disney! At least that's the way it's been for me.
And this is why we need more points

We as buyer are paying CC and 23 Dues, but we were very happy with the price per point and 2022 points still being there.
Clearly I was not awake enough 🤣. Usually when you see "pays closing costs" it's because the seller is... so you must have not used the tool to create the string or you typed that in as a comment maybe, but that is still a fantastic price on a smaller contract with 2022 points! Congratulations! I'm also considering buying another BWV and have been beat out a few times... still hoping there's a good deal out there to be had and happy to see others are finding it. Prices were getting too high with just 18/19 years of points left

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter