ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing to walk away from, the deal you made didn’t exist and it just waisted a lot of your time and provided additional stress.

You can engage in a new deal if you want, but don’t feel that you need to try and salvage anything.

Also, you now know the risk of additional inaccuracies or delays because of the other part you are dealing with.
you are so right... thank you!

As to the One-Time-Use increase from $19 to $22 per point, I'm not surprised, Disney wants Direct Buyers to know there is a backup plan if they need more points for a trip, but the goal is for Buyers to buy LOTS of points going in. If you understand the OTU points cannot be used until 7 months out (losing the early booking advantage of your Home Resort), they are less attractive, but honestly, I doubt most Direct Buyers understand them that well.
Are OTU points only for direct buyers?

Congrats! Glad you survived ROFR! They had been taking in CC a lot!
I know… but I had my heart set because I’d like to book there during the Nov/Dec time period at wilderness lodge… and I heard the only way would to have a chance would be to own there.

We plan to buy DLH when they release so we have guaranteed vacay here on the west coast and WDW to alternate between.

If this doesn’t prove the ROFR dragon is asleep still, nothing will 😝

Pure chaos .. I need advice..
I am the buyer through Fidelity.
Contract 2023/200, 2024/100 and so on i pay closing costs 102.00 per point
Well.. signed contract... sent to ROFR...Disney says that contract has been sold already?!!
Seller gave incorrect information and now they have another contract with more points and obviously want more money. The seller is older and agreed (hasnt signed new contract yet) that she would do the same price for bigger contract.... and her daughter came over and said not so fast...
So waiting for a month signed original contract to find out the seller gave wrong information on previous sold contract.
Is there anything i can do or hold her to or just walk away...

First, I'm soooo sorry, that month of waiting is so stressful (not because most of us are concerned about ROFR right this minute, but because we want to get those points and get on with vacation planning). You've likely lost little price wise - there are a Lot of 100 point contracts out there so you might actually save some money with the delay. IF you stay with Fidelity, I'd be inclined not to work with that Seller again at any price, and certainly ask Fidelity to waive any of their silly Admin fees on any contract you offer on next. You do Not need to work with Fidelity or that Seller. Your deposit should be refunded promptly - but talk to your Escrow/Title person.

Shop around - and know we ALL feel for you. You'll barely remember this after sitting by the pool at your first DVC vacation ;)

After reading about the poor Buyer above who waited a month thru ROFR, only to find out the Seller had already Sold the contract - it does sound like the Broker might have dropped the ball. Do they at least ask for a current Screen Shot of Seller's Account to protect Buyers from missing points, and check the Deeds at the recorder's office by looking online ( for Florida: https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp )? I'm wondering if we know what Due Diligence the Brokers are ACTUALLY doing for their Admin Fees and Commissions?

P.S. I get that we buy Title Insurance, but Contracts should not be written without reasonable efforts on the Brokers' side to assure the Buyers are being sold what the Brokers are Advertising.

Last edited:
We have never used them because we always felt borrowing made more sense, but if someone needs just a few, it can be easy way to get them without it being too expensive. And, finding someone to transfer you just a few points, with the one in and out transfer rule, isn't easy, so it can be a pretty inexpensive option if you don't need them regularly.
I have always ended up purchasing the maximum OTU point amount allowed each year I've owned my contract. This is a shame. Oh well.

After reading about the poor Buyer above who waited a month thru ROFR, only to find out the Seller had already Sold the contract - it does sound like the Broker might have dropped the ball. Do they at least ask for a current Screen Shot of Seller's Account to protect Buyers from missing points, and check the Deeds at the recorder's office by looking online ( for Florida: https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp )? I'm wondering if we know what Due Diligence the Brokers are ACTUALLY doing for their Admin Fees and Commissions?

P.S. I get that we buy Title Insurance, but Contracts should not be written without reasonable efforts on the Brokers' side to assure the Buyers are being sold what the Brokers are Advertising.
When i sold one of my contracts, the broker asked me to provide a specific screenshot from my DVC account showing the past/present/future points. This was only done upon listing the contract though. Theoretically, I could have sold it on my own or through another broker without the first broker knowing.

When I listed with www.DVCStore.com, they had me send them the points summary on the “manage vacation points” page of the DVC site and then went over the summary with me before they listed the contract. Then, after passing ROFR, they asked me to send another to verify the points were still in the account before closing.

When I listed with www.DVCStore.com, they had me send them the points summary on the “manage vacation points” page of the DVC site and then went over the summary with me before they listed the contract. Then, after passing ROFR, they asked me to send another to verify the points were still in the account before closing.
Same here. Had to submit points activity summary twice with them. Not sure why all brokers do not do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter