ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyTakeAllMyMoney---$105-$20340-170-AUL-Aug-170/22, 340/23, 170/24- sent 2/8, passed 2/23

DisneyTakeAllMyMoney---$131.25-$23182-160-BCV-Dec-0/22, 320/23, 160/24- sent 2/23

Woohoo!!! one on the way to closing, one on the way to ROFR in the same day... I think I'm finally done... really... LOL
No really. You REALLY need more resorts on your signature block. It’s embarrassing. 🤣

Ah! I love seeing all these contracts pass! Last year was a bloodbath, every day there were at least five or six people getting their contracts taken; we lost two contracts as well. We submitted 13 days ago (who's counting?) so i'm hoping our pass comes in in the next few days!!

congrats to all!

Just an fyi for those of you working with Fidelity and waiting on Aulani contracts in ROFR;

Aulani contract submitted to ROFT 1/17. I reached out to our broker on 2/7 to check in as contracts have been passing quickly. She said it had just passed that morning, and estoppel issued at the same time. I reached out to her again a few days ago as we have still not received closing documents, which I thought was odd, as it's been almost 2 weeks since we passed ROFR. She informed me that First American in Hawaii does not start the closing doc process until ROFR is passed, and it could take 2-3 weeks to get closing docs after passing ROFR! We've worked with this title office before on a few other Aulani contracts and have received closing docs in less than a week, sometimes just a few days. To complicate things further, today we received an email from Fidelity saying that our contract had passed ROFR and that the title company would be taking over from here...2 weeks after it actually passed ROFR. There is some major disconnect between departments at Fidelity.

Wanted to provide my experience in case anyone else is left befuddled by Fidelity.

In all the discussions about missing points, I wanted to add a vote of extreme confidence for https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/ ☺️ I recently closed (1/20), and when my membership was created and points loaded, I was missing 50 banked 2021 points. March Use Year, so expiring soon but I could have used them if they were there to piece together a split stay. Contacted my agent (Andy), they had to do an investigation but in the end found that the Seller had used the points because they thought they could 🤷‍♀️ Since these points had been in the listing, we were refunded $20/pt so $1K. Definitely earned my loyalty.

Last edited:
In all the discussions about missing points, I wanted to add a vote of extreme confidence for https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/ ☺️ I recently closed (1/20), and when my membership was created and points loaded, I was missing 50 banked 2021 points. March Use Year, so expiring soon but I could have used them if they were there to piece together a split stay. Contacted my agent (Andy), they had to do an investigation but in the end found that the Seller had used the points because they thought they could. Since these points had been in the listing, we were refunded $20/pt so $1K. Definitely earned my loyalty.
Plus, Andy's a pretty OK guy as well. I get a fridge magnet calendar from him every year.

Just an fyi for those of you working with Fidelity and waiting on Aulani contracts in ROFR;

Aulani contract submitted to ROFT 1/17. I reached out to our broker on 2/7 to check in as contracts have been passing quickly. She said it had just passed that morning, and estoppel issued at the same time. I reached out to her again a few days ago as we have still not received closing documents, which I thought was odd, as it's been almost 2 weeks since we passed ROFR. She informed me that First American in Hawaii does not start the closing doc process until ROFR is passed, and it could take 2-3 weeks to get closing docs after passing ROFR! We've worked with this title office before on a few other Aulani contracts and have received closing docs in less than a week, sometimes just a few days. To complicate things further, today we received an email from Fidelity saying that our contract had passed ROFR and that the title company would be taking over from here...2 weeks after it actually passed ROFR. There is some major disconnect between departments at Fidelity.

Wanted to provide my experience in case anyone else is left befuddled by Fidelity.
Sounds like that depends on the closing company - we had Fidelity with TRCS as closing company for one of our Aulani contracts which passed 1/25, I had closing docs 2/1, closed 2/13 and I had the points in my DVC account to use 2/21. I have another AUL from another broker (not Fidelity) that passed 2/9 and I still haven't even received closing docs yet... so it seems more of a closing company disparity than broker from my vantage point... Have an SSR that passed 2/9 as well (also Fidelity but first american as closing company) and received closing docs 2/14 on that one... So my Fidelity are actually going quickly - even Aulani

Edit - just double checked the title company of the other broker AUL contract and it's first american... so sounds like a first american issue, not a fidelity issue. My Fidelity/TCRS Aulani was super quick.

Last edited:
Sounds like that depends on the closing company - we had Fidelity with TRCS as closing company for one of our Aulani contracts which passed 1/25, I had closing docs 2/1, closed 2/13 and I had the points in my DVC account to use 2/21. I have another AUL from another broker (not Fidelity) that passed 2/9 and I still haven't even received closing docs yet... so it seems more of a closing company disparity than broker from my vantage point... Have an SSR that passed 2/9 as well (also Fidelity but first american as closing company) and received closing docs 2/14 on that one... So my Fidelity are actually going quickly - even Aulani

Edit - just double checked the title company of the other broker AUL contract and it's first american... so sounds like a first american issue, not a fidelity issue. My Fidelity/TCRS Aulani was super quick.
Good to know, thank you

Hi all, need to make my payment tonight! Just checking that people have used Magic Vacation Title (bought through Dvc resale market) and they are legit? 😄
We need to make our payment tonight too, who/how did you do the transfer? I use Wise to wire money to my brother, was going to use them but just remembered you posted and thought it worth an ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter