ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's important to keep in mind why you purchased in the first place: to enjoy your vacation in your happy place. So many families/individuals covet ever going to Disney and here we are being so incredibly fortunate on the Disboards.

The ROFR thread is minimally educational (but self-selecting and the data is skewed) with a giant helping of bravado and social reinforcement. Like any social media, it can result in upward social comparisons. Seeing the ROFR thread through this framework helps.

...and the ROFR thread doesn't mean a damn when you're having a blast on Space Mountain.

You lost me at Space Mountain... 🤮

For those purchasing first contracts is there a UY that is more advantageous or is it simply lining up when points are added vs when you prefer to travel?

For those purchasing first contracts is there a UY that is more advantageous or is it simply lining up when points are added vs when you prefer to travel?
I'm still new to DVC but I've been told to get a UY a few months before you typically plan on traveling. So if you like to go in October, get a April, June, August UY.

I just offered $66pp less than listing at BCV and got countered at $38pp less, going to sit and think on next move 😬
It's impressive they responded at all! I haven't been gutsy enough to go that far below asking, but I did just offer $40 below on a contract and waiting to see if the seller responds. Good for you for being bold! Worst they can say is no...or not respond at all.

Found out this afternoon that we passed ROFR!! 🎉🎉

tash439---$100-$23347-210-SSR-Feb-0/22, 125/23, 210/24, 210/25- sent 2/20, passed 3/2
Congrats!! Who is the title company? I am waiting on Mason. Was hoping to get the package today even though it just passed yesterday lol but my girl Cammy is out. So hoping she is back Monday.

I admit I didn’t even look at use year when we bought our first contract in January. I just saw a good price on a resort we liked for the number of points we were looking for and we jumped.

I'm still new to DVC but I've been told to get a UY a few months before you typically plan on traveling. So if you like to go in October, get a April, June, August UY.

Can you explain the reasoning to this? I keep going back and forth on various UY but it's hard because there are 3 different months we like to travel.

if you put "use year "in the search on these forums for thread titles only you will find many threads with much information to help you understand this and why use year is important to your travel times.

Can you explain the reasoning to this? I keep going back and forth on various UY but it's hard because there are 3 different months we like to travel.
if you put "use year "in the search on these forums for thread titles only you will find many threads with much information to help you understand this and why use year is important to your travel times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter