ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Geppetto said:
I was told the same thing by Fidelity.
So I did two things. First I called Disney’s QA team and was told the opposite - they are not requiring that.
Second call I made was to Fidelity’s senior manager.

I had an Agent with www.dvcresalemarket.com try to convince me I had to use Magic Title - it took multiple requests and emails to get the Title I wanted - contract had to be rewritten - but at that point I was holding my ground more for ethical than financial reasons. Changing title companies did save over $200 dollars.

Cassie K---$110.5-$24686-200-BWV-Aug-0/21, 185/22, 200/23, 200/24- sent 3/10

My first contract 😊 SO excited!! Thanks to this board and particularly this thread for giving me the courage to go in with a low offer and get a deal that we’re really happy with.
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what the listing price was?

I'm starting to see less really awesome contracts available in the market. I think we bought up all the good ones... for now.
I think that there is a natural lull…We will see what happens next later in the year… I predict the market will continue to trend lower throughout the rest of the year.

I'm starting to see less really awesome contracts available in the market. I think we bought up all the good ones... for now.
That's my hunch too - all the sellers who "needed" to sell and were willing to take the lower prices are probably all snatched up by now... some more will come along, but I think we've done a sweep LOL and while trying to find them, I found a LOT of owners who weren't budging and were going to wait it out.

I always ask to be notified when seller returns documents and I will wire the money. There have been multiple examples posted on here where seller takes a long time to return closing docs. and I just had one where seller did not return for 3 weeks.
I am currently in the boat of sellers not returning the closing documents timely. We returned our portions within two days. This Thursday will be 4 weeks since the closing documents were sent. I have been following up once a week to see if the sellers documents were received, but the title company (Mason) has not heard anything from the seller. The "close by" date is March 20th, so there is technically still time, but to not return documents timely and to not have any communication is very concerning.

I am currently in the boat of sellers not returning the closing documents timely. We returned our portions within two days. This Thursday will be 4 weeks since the closing documents were sent. I have been following up once a week to see if the sellers documents were received, but the title company (Mason) has not heard anything from the seller. The "close by" date is March 20th, so there is technically still time, but to not return documents timely and to not have any communication is very concerning.
What is your recourse?

What is your recourse?
I was actually just looking into that. The contract states that if the closing does not happen by the close by date, the title company can issue a notice of cancellation to both parties (seems like I would need to request this to happen). Not sure what that entails, or if both parties need to agree to it, but it looks like if the seller is still not cooperating after 30 days of issuing the notice of cancellation then the title company can automatically cancel the contract without the sellers consent.

Luckily I didn't need the points for anything.....just wanted to grab a small contract. The seller had three identical contracts for sale so I am curious to see if there are issues with the other two as well.

Sorry to hear! Hope it works out.

I was actually just looking into that. The contract states that if the closing does not happen by the close by date, the title company can issue a notice of cancellation to both parties (seems like I would need to request this to happen). Not sure what that entails, or if both parties need to agree to it, but it looks like if the seller is still not cooperating after 30 days of issuing the notice of cancellation then the title company can automatically cancel the contract without the sellers consent.

Luckily I didn't need the points for anything.....just wanted to grab a small contract. The seller had three identical contracts for sale so I am curious to see if there are issues with the other two as well.

If you are not closed by that date, you are entitled to the deposit back. I would notify the title company this week if you intend to take that action and to make the sellers aware you will walk away if things are not in and you have not closed in time.

I did that once and the documents were done and sent the next day by the seller and we closed.

Same thing happened to me. After I got the call that the sellers couldn’t actually close the title agent and broker both told me that they weren’t allowed to tell me that the seller was scrambling to come up with the money.

I wish I would have known because maybe we could have worked something out.

The title company wired me back the money and the deposit within a few days….

If you are not closed by that date, you are entitled to the deposit back. I would notify the title company this week if you intend to take that action and to make the sellers aware you will walk away if things are not in and you have not closed in time.

I did that once and the documents were done and sent the next day by the seller and we closed.
Thanks, that’s exactly what I intended on doing. Glad to hear that the final ‘nudge’ got them to return everything quickly!

Does anyone know how many more weeks the "Final Days - Red hot Deals" sale will be going on? I thought it was supposed to end at the end of Feb.?

Are people making offers on those or just sticking with the price advertised? Curious if they were firm on them or if there is some wiggle room. Maybe I could negotiate on the extra fees they charge or the MF;s and keep the actual dollar per point they are asking for?

Thanks!

Does anyone know how many more weeks the "Final Days - Red hot Deals" sale will be going on? I thought it was supposed to end at the end of Feb.?

Are people making offers on those or just sticking with the price advertised? Curious if they were firm on them or if there is some wiggle room. Maybe I could negotiate on the extra fees they charge or the MF;s and keep the actual dollar per point they are asking for?

Thanks!
...Always offer less then listed... While some of those listings are pretty fair, you can do better if you try.

Just submit an offer lower then they have it listed for by 20% or so. Or the lowest comparable price you've seen here and ask for all dues, fees/closing to be paid for by seller. Sit back and wait for them to tell you to pound sand. You may get lucky and they agree. Win.

Or they counter and you negotiate for 10 or so rounds until you get what you find acceptable. If not, walk. Sellers paying extra to promote their contracts are more motivated then others. Buyers market.

Thanks!
I always offer less, but I have not with the "Red hot Deals". I assumed as you did I would receive the seller offer is a firm offer.

I want to know too, has anyone offered less, negotiated on the fees or closing and succeeded?

I get the feeling that sellers that go silent probably need to bring money to the table to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter