ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
77NWD---$135-$18507-125-CCV@WL-Oct-0/21, 0/22, 192/23, 125/24- sent 3/12

It was our use year and we needed extra points so found it hard to say no……….🫣

Ps don’t let your wife stay in a 1 bedroom, there is no going back to studios after 😂
That is so awesome that you got this price! It is the exact contract I would buy in a heartbeat had I seen it first. Can I ask what the asking price was?

That is so awesome that you got this price! It is the exact contract I would buy in a heartbeat had I seen it first. Can I ask what the asking price was?
Listed for $165, the same seller has an almost identical contract up for sale as well abit a handful less 2022 use year points.

Let me see if I can post a link.

https://www.****************.com

Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

I was actually just looking into that. The contract states that if the closing does not happen by the close by date, the title company can issue a notice of cancellation to both parties (seems like I would need to request this to happen). Not sure what that entails, or if both parties need to agree to it, but it looks like if the seller is still not cooperating after 30 days of issuing the notice of cancellation then the title company can automatically cancel the contract without the sellers consent.

Luckily I didn't need the points for anything.....just wanted to grab a small contract. The seller had three identical contracts for sale so I am curious to see if there are issues with the other two as well.
Yikes thats sad! You really get so excited at this moment when closing is happening even when it’s our umpteenth contract 😂. Waiting is really difficult.

If I back out of a contract what do I owe? Do I just lose my deposit or are there additional fees? Seeing the collapse in prices, I’m not sure an earlier contract of mine makes sense anymore…

You need to look to your contract. It should spell out any repercussions... you usually lose your deposit, and may owe the broker a commission and the title co some of the closing costs.

If I back out of a contract what do I owe? Do I just lose my deposit or are there additional fees? Seeing the collapse in prices, I’m not sure an earlier contract of mine makes sense anymore…

Looking at the other contracts that have passed or are waiting, why do you think your would be better off after you factor in losing your deposit and paying other brokerage and title fees?

IIt’s an old contract with a delayed closing from last fall.
Looking at the other contracts that have passed or are waiting, why do you think your would be better off after you factor in losing your deposit and paying other brokerage and title fees?
It’s a delayed closing… Prices at this resort have collapsed at least $30 from what I paid per point. And it’s a small contract so we aren’t talking about huge sums of money in either way… might keep it to “honor the commitment” if that makes sense…

IIt’s an old contract with a delayed closing from last fall.

It’s a delayed closing… Prices at this resort have collapsed at least $30 from what I paid per point. And it’s a small contract so we aren’t talking about huge sums of money in either way… might keep it to “honor the commitment” if that makes sense…

Ok, is it this one?

Cfabar1---$167-$11033-60-VGF-Dec-0/21, 0/22, 40/23, 60/24- sent 2/4, passed 2/21

Let’s say that you could get it for $140 (https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/blog/february-2023-average-dvc-resale-price-per-point/), then you could lose $1000 in deposit + the title company fees ($700-1000?) and agent commission ($802?).

So that could equate to $47pp ($2800/60 points). So, you would need to be able to purchase a new contract at $120pp to just break even…. Assuming you even could find the contract size and UY you want.

Those numbers may be wildly off, but that is how I would process the calculation as opposed to “honoring a commitment”.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many more weeks the "Final Days - Red hot Deals" sale will be going on? I thought it was supposed to end at the end of Feb.?

Are people making offers on those or just sticking with the price advertised? Curious if they were firm on them or if there is some wiggle room. Maybe I could negotiate on the extra fees they charge or the MF;s and keep the actual dollar per point they are asking for?

Thanks!
I emailed my broker and told them that I saw a contract I wanted, but didn’t want to offer at the “firm sale” price. I asked if he would notify me once the price dropped to a specific number I was willing to pay.
He emailed me back saying that he would present my number as an offer to the seller. They accepted right away.

Ok, is it this one?

Cfabar1---$167-$11033-60-VGF-Dec-0/21, 0/22, 40/23, 60/24- sent 2/4, passed 2/21

Let’s say that you could get it for $140 (https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/blog/february-2023-average-dvc-resale-price-per-point/), then you could lose $1000 in deposit + the title company fees ($700-1000?) and agent commission ($802?).

So that could equate to $47pp ($2800/60 points). So, you would need to be able to purchase a new contract at $120pp to just break even…. Assuming you even could find the contract size and UY you want.

Those numbers may be wildly off, but that is how I would process the calculation as opposed to “honoring a commitment”.
Nope, it isn’t that one… but the math is good to see and keep in mind…

$105-$10500-100-AKL-Oct-83/22,100/23,100/24-sent 3/12
Is your selling paying all the closing costs and dues?

I just had an offer accepted but now I’m second thinking it, wondering if I got the best deal I could have. How do you all do this without having deal fomo? I guess that’s one perk to direct, knowing the price is the price and not wondering if you should’ve held out for a better deal.

Is your selling paying all the closing costs and dues?

I just had an offer accepted but now I’m second thinking it, wondering if I got the best deal I could have. How do you all do this without having deal fomo? I guess that’s one perk to direct, knowing the price is the price and not wondering if you should’ve held out for a better deal.
There's always going to be someone who gets a better deal 😊 so I would suggest the way to think about it is if you get a really good deal that you're happy with, concentrate on that - that's what's most important... and it's going to buy you years of great memories and fun times!

There's always going to be someone who gets a better deal 😊 so I would suggest the way to think about it is if you get a really good deal that you're happy with, concentrate on that - that's what's most important... and it's going to buy you years of great memories and fun times!
Yeah, I scored the amazing BWV deal but I also overpaid a lot when I bought BLT direct in 2021. But that contract granted us the sorcerer’s passes when they were available for a very short time which we have enjoyed many many memorable trips already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter