ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would almost certainly pass ROFR, Disney appears to have not ROFR’d a single contract in over a month. The resale market collapsed.
I really wouldn’t say collapsed. Prices on most risk assets are down. Timeshare real estate is no different. IMHO we seem to be finding a floor with DVC. Most of the pricing has seemed to level off over the past couple weeks.

I really wouldn’t say collapsed. Prices on most risk assets are down. Timeshare real estate is no different. IMHO we seem to be finding a floor with DVC. Most of the pricing has seemed to level off over the past couple weeks.
I think it will be like anything else. When people see prices are going down everyone is waiting to see how good of a deal they can get. Then when prices are rising they will buy in quickly "before it costs more".

As I said upthread, I paid $80 PP for OKW 6 weeks ago (42 days tomorrow) and I haven't seen anything sell for less than that since. Contracts are still listed well above that too.

How long does it usually take to receive notification that your contract has been sent to Disney for ROFR? Contract was signed Friday, and I received a receipt that Mason charged our card for the deposit today, so I was expecting to have it sent for ROFR today. Does it take a few days for that usually?
I’m in the same boat, seller signed and payment was taken by Mason today but no email to say it’s been sent to ROFR 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m in the same boat, seller signed and payment was taken by Mason today but no email to say it’s been sent to ROFR 🤦🏼‍♀️
Same! I signed Friday, the seller signed yesterday morning, payment has been taken, and nothing about being sent to ROFR. I’m using Mason as well

Same! I signed Friday, the seller signed yesterday morning, payment has been taken, and nothing about being sent to ROFR. I’m using Mason as well
I hope it's a big boat, because I'm on it as well. Signed Friday, sellers over weekend, deposit on Friday or Saturday, just waiting to hear when the broker sends it to ROFR.

Last edited:

Doesn’t the broker send to ROFR? All 4 my resales (from 4 diff brokers), I received email notifications from the broker that it was sent to ROFR. My current one in ROFR was sent the day both parties signed and before I even paid deposit.

For those who are waiting for the contract to be sent to rofr (like myself) what broker are you using? I’m using http://fidelityrealestate.com/. I was curious if it’s a broker thing. I talked to the listing agent yesterday and he seemed frustrated that he had to micromanage to make sure things were moved along timely… not sure if it might be the same person holding all of us up

For those who are waiting for the contract to be sent to rofr (like myself) what broker are you using? I’m using http://fidelityrealestate.com/. I was curious if it’s a broker thing. I talked to the listing agent yesterday and he seemed frustrated that he had to micromanage to make sure things were moved along timely… not sure if it might be the same person holding all of us up
Using Fidelity as well. I plan to call the broker today to see what the hold up is

Using Fidelity as well. I plan to call the broker today to see what the hold up is
Please let us know what you find out. Mine said there was a signature missing but it has now been sent to rofr, but I STILL haven’t got an email confirming that it has gone to rofr. I feel so in the dark on what is happening.

We are using Fidelity as well, so I think they have a lot going on with many contracts submitted in the last week. I would have expected better communication though. I've tried to check in by calling and e-mailing several times, and I have not been getting responses. I just want to have a heads up on what I should be expecting. It helps a small amount to know I'm not alone on this one though.

I've bought several from fidelity in the last few months and have had a noticeable slowdown in the more recent ones- well over a week from the time I signed the last one until it went to ROFR. I think they are totally swamped right now and Evy seems to be the only one who does the coordination to get everything together to submit. Edit - just checked and it was even longer - we signed 2/28 and it didn't go to ROFR until 3/13... some slow action on the seller's part too but I think they're too swamped to follow up. Inquired about a week in and they said they contacted the seller and found he was waiting for US mail - didn't realize his docs would come via email and was supposed to sign that day... still took another week and a few more inquiries - Evy never responded so I went back to my agent to inquire. They are just super swamped.

Last edited:
My fidelity contract took about a week to go to ROFR. I think they’re just busy.

This seems to be a common denominator with Fidelity right now. Not sure what's going on with them, but all of us that are using them have had some kind of delay.

Doesn’t the broker send to ROFR? All 4 my resales (from 4 diff brokers), I received email notifications from the broker that it was sent to ROFR. My current one in ROFR was sent the day both parties signed and before I even paid deposit.
Yes, it's the broker that sends the contract to DVC for ROFR. At that point in the process, the title company is only collecting the deposit and placing the funds in an escrow account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter