ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated! I needed something to distract me while I attempt to digest 'Ohana :jester:

Oh yum!!!! We will be trying Ohana breakfast this round during our September trip. Ironically enough just got done reading your EMM review at MK. We are hoping to secure that for our trip if they release the dates. Hope they get their act together on all that madness you had to deal with. Sure would make dealing with September heat easier to conquer all of Fantasyland in the am.

Oh yum!!!! We will be trying Ohana breakfast this round during our September trip. Ironically enough just got done reading your EMM review at MK. We are hoping to secure that for our trip if they release the dates. Hope they get their act together on all that madness you had to deal with. Sure would make dealing with September heat easier to conquer all of Fantasyland in the am.
I will take ‘Ohana at any meal I can get it, lol.

Not to derail the thread, but I’m hoping that the yucky EMM this morning was a blip.

Congrats to each of you who has passed! I am sincerely happy for each of you!
I am admittedly still holding my breath on ours....2nd try with BCV....went to ROFR on 2/25 & many you have gotten quick passes (awesome!)
so hoping lack of news on ours is not a bad sign. I am keeping my fingers crossed for ours as well as all others waiting! ❤

Congrats to each of you who has passed! I am sincerely happy for each of you!
I am admittedly still holding my breath on ours....2nd try with BCV....went to ROFR on 2/25 & many you have gotten quick passes (awesome!)
so hoping lack of news on ours is not a bad sign. I am keeping my fingers crossed for ours as well as all others waiting! ❤
I submitted 2/26 so I feel your pain! So happy for all those who have passed but I hope we are next! I'm getting so antsy!

I submitted 2/26 so I feel your pain! So happy for all those who have passed but I hope we are next! I'm getting so antsy!

Agreed! Hang in there!!!! I keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason and will be how it is meant to be! (Hopefully that will mean good news of a waiver for us all soon, but if not we will keep trying!) :)

No matter what, I can honestly say that I am genuinely thankful for and appreciative of each of you in this group! Such a positive and uplifting bunch....thank you all!

Got the good news today!!
Axelskater---$132-$34014-250-PVB-Dec-238/18, 12/19, 250/20-'18 pts non-bankable- sent 2/19, passed 3/12
Congratulations to the many others who are getting through and best of luck to everyone who is waiting.

Congratulations!!!!!! Great buy! Enjoy PVB!

Axelskater---$132-$34014-250-PVB-Dec-238/18, 12/19, 250/20-'18 pts non-bankable- sent 2/19, passed 3/12
Congratulations to the many others who are getting through and best of luck to everyone who is waiting.
After you close, if you have issues booking due to the 2018 points expiring, I'd ask member services if they'll grant you a one-time exception and "unbank" the points for you. They do accommodate that sometimes. Worst they can do is say "no"!

JoeD07---$85-$15335-160-BRV@WL-Aug-0/18, 159/19, 160/20- sent 2/28, passed 3/12
Just got word today! 12 days and waived... feeling great!!:dogdance:

Turns out we did have an International seller, so not sure if that had anything to do with it or the fact that the Mouse doesn't want any BRV apparently.

Either way, we are very happy!
Congratulations!

After you close, if you have issues booking due to the 2018 points expiring, I'd ask member services if they'll grant you a one-time exception and "unbank" the points for you. They do accommodate that sometimes. Worst they can do is say "no"!
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll keep the tip in mind if I run into problems booking the points. Worst-case, I can probably always blow the points on a bungalow!

The one time I bought via Shontell it too was passed in like 20 days...but then it took an extra week to go to closing for some reason so it still turned out to be a 2 months-ish process.

Our first resale contract took 9 days to pass ROFR (it was a different era then!), but then it took almost a full 30 days to pass estoppel, and *then* some more time to close. Our second contract too 20+ days to pass ROFR (still a different era, that was still considered a long time back then), but then passed estoppel in less than a week and then closed soon thereafter, but then it took a long time for the points to show up. Our third contract passed ROFR quickly, passed estoppel quickly, and then the international sellers took a long time with their paperwork. So I got to experience that stressed/impatient feeling at all different stages of the process. :surfweb:

Nice deal! I wonder if we will see a lot more PVB contracts passing below the $140/point mark in the coming year. I think a lot of people didn't realize what they were buying at PVB, which should lead to some great deals for people who know what they are buying.

What about holding points? Do you think DVC would consider a one time exception for points in holding?

Our first resale contract took 9 days to pass ROFR (it was a different era then!), but then it took almost a full 30 days to pass estoppel, and *then* some more time to close. Our second contract too 20+ days to pass ROFR (still a different era, that was still considered a long time back then), but then passed estoppel in less than a week and then closed soon thereafter, but then it took a long time for the points to show up. Our third contract passed ROFR quickly, passed estoppel quickly, and then the international sellers took a long time with their paperwork. So I got to experience that stressed/impatient feeling at all different stages of the process. :surfweb:
Yep. We've bought resale 5 times and sold once. Tried to buy 2 other times, one was taken in ROFR and one was cancelled about 8 days into ROFR. Always can assume on anxiety and waiting and impatience and stress....it's just part of the process. I think the mouse likes it that way in hopes of making direct buying more appealing. But the price gap is just too great and it is worth the stress and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter