ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's actually 2 that I'm interested in. Same amount of points but one is $9 more per point. I'm almost tempted to go for that one since it might have a better chance of passing. The other one is only $5 more per point that the contract I'm waiting on. Decisions, decisions...

It's probably to torture us and drive us towards buying direct. I won't do it, nope. I do plan on adding on direct (75 points) but I want to start off with more points so I can book a trip for next Feb.

Hang in there. My first two were taken. The one that went through was actually $1 per point cheaper than the one they took. When talking with the broker, I asked if I should offer more because, like you, I had been burned by the ROFR monster, and he wisely suggested I just offer the asking price. If you're not in a hurry for points, then wait them out. If not this contract, then another. They can't take them all!

I think that's the worst part. I have no idea why it takes so long when they decide to buy it back. We went through that twice before finally passing on our third try. Good luck to you!
Day 32! AKV June 100 pts/no points til 2020/$106/pt Broker hasn't heard anything. If it takes this long does that mean it's probably going to be taken?

Day 32! AKV June 100 pts/no points til 2020/$106/pt Broker hasn't heard anything. If it takes this long does that mean it's probably going to be taken?

Not necessarily. My recent AKV purchase took 34 days at $105 per point, 100 points, Feb use year. And it did pass. I did follow up with my broker the night before and she called me the next morning to give me the good news. And I am now officially closed and the deed recorded.

As I wait for my ROFR decision, I thought I'd share some resale insight from my DVC Guide from whom I almost bought direct points. However, please take this with a grain of salt as I am not sure how knowledgable DVC guides are about the ROFR process.

My guide told me over the weekend in a phone call that he believes Disney will slow down their buy backs when Riviera is available for purchase. His theory, which could be completely wrong, is that their will be less demand for the other resorts during the first several months of Riviera direct sales due to its forecasted popularity. Therefore, less buy backs.

I have caveated this theory multiple times because it's not clear to me at all that he knows anything about the internals of the ROFR process. DVC Resale Market reported that February was their highest buy back month ever. So it's quite possible he knows nothing at all. But he did seem confident that my resale contract would sail through ROFR. Not sure why...

Is it possible that buy backs will slow down a bit when Riviera is available for purchase? It's possible.

Are we all crazy for trying to figure out what determines which contracts are bought back and which aren't? Definitely. :bored:

Last edited:
Ugh, we put another offer in already. Waiting to hear if it's accepted. I loathe myself right now lol.

As I wait for my ROFR decision, I thought I'd share some resale insight from my DVC Guide from whom I almost bought direct points. However, please take this with a grain of salt as I am not sure how knowledgable DVC guides are about the ROFR process.

My guide told me over the weekend in a phone call that he believes Disney will slow down their buy backs when Riviera is available for purchase. His theory, which could be completely wrong, is that their will be less demand for the other resorts during the first several months of Riviera direct sales due to its forecasted popularity. Therefore, less buy backs.

I have caveated this theory multiple times because it's not clear to me at all that he knows anything about the internals of the ROFR process. DVC Resale Market reported that February was their highest buy back month ever. So it's quite possible he knows nothing at all. But he did seem confident that my resale contract would sail through ROFR. Not sure why...

Is it possible that buy backs will slow down a bit when Riviera is available for purchase? It's possible.

Are we all crazy for trying to figure out what determines which contracts are bought back and which aren't? Definitely. :bored:

I hope you are right. If this contract does not work out for is, I am inclined to keep myself richer instead of forking it over to Disney.

I hear you, heynowirv. Day 12 here. Waiting. Just me and the crickets. Can’t imagine waiting another 15+

And to make the day *even* better, I was outbid on a multioffer BCV contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter