ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say offer what you can afford not interested in inflating the prices for Disney! I do not believe they can take them all so just keep sending. Now the 19th has passed
what difference does it make. We offered on a contract that was headed for foreclosure and if Disney wants it now they will need to pay the seller a decent price. It did
not cost us anything but time. I think they should have to pay a premium if they keep it past 20 days after all the Brokers are working at that point and no compensation
or do they get paid by Disney?

I do Believe to an extent that we shouldn’t be paying more just to pass ROFR however I also think there is a bottom threshold where they are taking it no matter what.

Ouch! Oh well. Here I thought I was being clever.

How high do you think I'd need it to be in order to have a halfway decent shot at passing ROFR?

I’m probably not a good person to ask as I love to throw out low ball offers and try to get them through. If you don’t care about it passing, roll the dice. Also, there’s no guarantee it’ll pass at a higher ppp either. We’ve seen them taken at $155pp at VGF this last month. We never know what they’re doing. Now, if you care and want the points no matter what, you can always go higher without having the seller pay CC’s and fees, but it still isn’t a guarantee it’ll pass.

Also, the seller paying fees is attractive to DVD because guess who becomes the title company if it gets snatched by ROFR. Yep, DVD handles the closing, or so I’ve been told (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). So now, they buy a cheaper contract to flip for direct and get paid by the seller for their services as a title company for any work done after ROFR. Win-win for them. Again, if this isn’t true, please chime in.

I’m probably not a good person to ask as I love to throw out low ball offers and try to get them through. If you don’t care about it passing, roll the dice. Also, there’s no guarantee it’ll pass at a higher ppp either. We’ve seen them taken at $155pp at VGF this last month. We never know what they’re doing. Now, if you care and want the points no matter what, you can always go higher without having the seller pay CC’s and fees, but it still isn’t a guarantee it’ll pass.

Also, the seller paying fees is attractive to DVD because guess who becomes the title company if it gets snatched by ROFR. Yep, DVD handles the closing, or so I’ve been told (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). So now, they buy a cheaper contract to flip for direct and get paid by the seller for their services as a title company for any work done after ROFR. Win-win for them. Again, if this isn’t true, please chime in.
Fair enough, thanks for the advice!

I didn't think I cared about it passing until it started seeming like a potential reality. I guess I can have patience. I wasn't in a hurry a couple of days ago, so why should I be now, right?

What kind of success rate would you say you've had with lowball offers? What kind of realistic success rate would you put on my lowball offer?

Well we don't have a problem paying for points or closing but, I do think it is not fair for Disney to keep them longer than 30 days and there should be a recourse
if they drag it out as there would be a recourse if the buyer did not follow thru they should need to **** or get off the Pot!

I also heard from our Broker when you are in ROFR your sales Guide does know you are buying from resales. She had no reason to mislead me and I do believe that is why I got a call offering us BLT.

Last edited:
Fair enough, thanks for the advice!

I didn't think I cared about it passing until it started seeming like a potential reality. I guess I can have patience. I wasn't in a hurry a couple of days ago, so why should I be now, right?

What kind of success rate would you say you've had with lowball offers? What kind of realistic success rate would you put on my lowball offer?

Most of my low ball offers have been taken via ROFR. However, it only takes one to make it through. ;)

I have no clue about whether yours will make it through or not because it’s after the 1/19 restrictions. DVD got bombarded with contracts and seemed to be on a buying spree. I don’t know if they’ll slow down or just stay the course. It’s honestly impossible to predict right now. We would have more data in a month, but they can still change course with no warning as they’ve done in the past. I think you should offer what you think the contract is worth. The trick is to have a blasé attitude about it in case it gets taken. I got mad with the first few they took. I stopped caring after that and treated it like a game to help ease my mind. If it passed at a low price, great. If it didn’t pass, then there’s always another contract out there.

Just emailed my broker as it’s been 34 days, they said not to worry as it’s actually meant to be 30 working days rather than 30 calendar days

Ouch! Oh well. Here I thought I was being clever.

How high do you think I'd need it to be in order to have a halfway decent shot at passing ROFR?

Personally, I don't think they have a high interest in small contracts. Though it's hard to say because small contracts tend to sell at a higher pp price. But there are a few reasons that low points contracts wouldn't be too attractive.

I'd leave it alone and cross my fingers it passes.

Day 38. Maybe today will be the day that we hear? Not betting on it, but one can dream, right? Just looking forward to sticking a fork in this whole process. I have ROFR fatigue . . .

I’m right there with you! . We are at Day 38 also (actually 39 but was submitted at night so I’ll go with 38). Have not heard yet. I asked our broker about it last week and he said they are still waiting for several past 30 days and Disney is still backed up. I was optimistic about the contract but now I just want to know if they took it

Hi all! I should have posted earlier but things have been crazy busy. Ours was taken. Signed the contract 1/8, sent 1/10, taken 2/12.

amytaylor6---$135-$20855-150-BCV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 150/20- sent 1/10, taken 2/12

I was trying to remain hopeful as I saw a pre-1/19 BCV 150 pt contract with current and banked points pass for $133 which was a couple dollars per point less than ours.... but I guess ours wasn't meant to be. (Congrats to the owner of that passed BCV contract and to all others who have passed!)

We threw another offer out there realizing that it's very possible they will take it, too, but decided it was worth a try. We offered asking price, signed the contract on 2/21, and it was sent to Disney for review today.

amytaylor6---$133-$34518-240-BCV-Sept-0/17, 0/18, 480/19, 240/20- sent 2/25

Hi all! I should have posted earlier but things have been crazy busy. Ours was taken. Signed the contract 1/8, sent 1/10, taken 2/12.

amytaylor6---$135-$20855-150-BCV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 150/20- sent 1/10, taken 2/12

I was trying to remain hopeful as I saw a pre-1/19 BCV 150 pt contract with current and banked points pass for $133 which was a couple dollars per point less than ours.... but I guess ours wasn't meant to be. (Congrats to the owner of that passed BCV contract and to all others who have passed!)

We threw another offer out there realizing that it's very possible they will take it, too, but decided it was worth a try. We offered asking price, signed the contract on 2/21, and it was sent to Disney for review today.

amytaylor6---$133-$34518-240-BCV-Sept-0/17, 0/18, 480/19, 240/20- sent 2/25
Nicer contract, maybe it was all for a reason. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter