ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamie3631---$100-$17443-160-AKV-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 122/19, 160/20- sent 3/7

2019 points have 42 points banked from 2018. We are paying dues on 1/2 of the points for 2019, so dues for 61 points.

Our last attempt was taken by the Drunken Monkey. We submitted in the rush to get in before the restrictions. We already have one contract at Boardwalk but it's small and we need more points. The last contract they took was very high priced, at $113/point. I am hoping that this will sneak through, along with some of the other great deals I have seen come through lately!
Great price! Good luck!

I am new here and wanted to post 2 contracts that we recently had go through ROFR. VGF was taken (not surprised given the great price and it would have been pre 1/19 restrictions), but our AKV contract passed very quickly! This is our first time buying and we are excited to become part of the DVC family! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

disneygirl281---$140-$29432-200-VGF-Aug-0/18, 104/19, 200/20- sent 1/14, taken 2/15

disneygirl281---$108-$27096-229-AKV-Jun-0/18, 435/19, 229/20- sent 2/22, passed 3/5
Wonderful! And you're right so quickly.

MB_01---$103-$18391-160-AKV-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 320/19, 160/20- sent 3/1

I'm going to turn over a new leaf and remain patient on this one. I'll wait until Monday to call and see if it passed ROFR or not!

MB_01---$103-$18391-160-AKV-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 320/19, 160/20- sent 3/8

Updating this one. Originally thought it got sent 3/1 but we got fidelity'd and it looks like they just sent it last night/today. Seller and I both signed 3/1 but I just got the confirmation email saying it went around 8PM last night.

Updating this one. Originally thought it got sent 3/1 but we got fidelity'd and it looks like they just sent it last night/today. Seller and I both signed 3/1 but I just got the confirmation email saying it went around 8PM last night.

Frustrating right?!?! We are also with Fidelity and while we did pass ROFR on AKV (yay) I was initially told our contract was sent to Disney 4 days prior to when it actually was so the initial days of agonizing were for nothing. Good luck on passing and becoming AKV neighbors!

I just had a broker try to convince me that the absolute floor on ROFR for AKV is currently $114 per point and anything below that would definitely get taken, and for small contracts it would have to be much higher (I don't get that logic at all).

She didn't like it when I pointed out to her that I know contracts closer to $100 per point have been passing with regularity as of late.

I just had a broker try to convince me that the absolute floor on ROFR for AKV is currently $114 per point and anything below that would definitely get taken, and for small contracts it would have to be much higher (I don't get that logic at all).

She didn't like it when I pointed out to her that I know contracts closer to $100 per point have been passing with regularity as of late.

I love when that happens. I've dealt with a couple of brokers who changed their tone when they realized I read the message boards and kept up with the news. It's harder for them to bully you into taking a higher price, especially now that the 1/19 deadline has passed.

I love when that happens. I've dealt with a couple of brokers who changed their tone when they realized I read the message boards and kept up with the news. It's harder for them to bully you into taking a higher price, especially now that the 1/19 deadline has passed.
The more I think about her email, the more it irks me. I know she's just trying to make a sale for her clients, but the fact is that the majority of AKV contracts listed on their site have asking prices lower than $114/pt. It's not even a good lie.

I think the seller is going to have a hard time selling his 2 oddly sized contracts (76 and 78 points) at $135 per point when someone who wants to buy direct can get it at just $176 and get exactly what they want. Hell at 76 points, the benefits/discounts you get from buying direct might actually save you money in relatively short order, especially if you are going to buy annual passes. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Yes, now that I am putting in offers, interactions with brokers have been interesting... one told me she likes lots of small contracts with different use years because she can book different resorts and buy more OTU points.

One told me similar to you about AKV - though not QUITE as egregious as $114.

One told me, the restrictions change hasn't had any impact on business - they are busier than ever because direct prices went up at the same time and people want to save money. Maybe. But I think what they are offering with the new restrictions is worth less.

I think it is great we can educate ourselves on this forum. I made two low offers for BLT one before the restrictions 160 @ $133 a point was taken but at least they tried. I think it was listed at $145 a point if the seller is motivated they will move if not I just move on myself. The second we offered BLT for 175 @ $125 a point it was listed at $135 I think and it passed. I do think the second was close to foreclosure so that may have played into it.

But I agree with you since the restrictions the value is impacted. I say offer what you want to pay per point and if they are not interested move on that is my motto offer low and see what happens don't quit!

fidelity'd. Boy, if that isn’t the truth!

I think it is great we can educate ourselves on this forum. I made two low offers for BLT one before the restrictions 160 @ $133 a point was taken but at least they tried. I think it was listed at $145 a point if the seller is motivated they will move if not I just move on myself. The second we offered BLT for 175 @ $125 a point it was listed at $135 I think and it passed. I do think the second was close to foreclosure so that may have played into it.

But I agree with you since the restrictions the value is impacted. I say offer what you want to pay per point and if they are not interested move on that is my motto offer low and see what happens don't quit!

I agree, I don't think I would have been able to make a move as quickly as I did without all of the knowledge on this board. It gave me a good idea of the price I was willing to pay to get in before the restrictions. I'm loving these lower priced contracts and would be doing the same after 1/19, but am still happy to have gotten in at a decent price. This board was very helpful!

Just checked in with Fidelity.

Despite the fact that I was sent an email on 2/27 specifically stating that the contract had been submitted to Disney on the 27th (and the contract was fully signed on the 25th).... I was just now informed that it was not sent off until 3/4. Why send the email then?

Despite the fact that I was sent an email on 2/27 specifically stating that the contract had been submitted to Disney on the 27th (and the contract was fully signed on the 25th).... I was just now informed that it was not sent off until 3/4. Why send the email then?
That's so strange. I really hope that didn't happen to anyone right before the 1/19 deadline and come to find out they will not be grandfathered in.

That's so strange. I really hope that didn't happen to anyone right before the 1/19 deadline and come to find out they will not be grandfathered in.
Anyone who did have that happen to them would have a valid fraud complaint I would think. Especially with an email confirmation specifically stating that the documentation was submitted on a specific date.

After I responded to my broker by saying "So and so at Fidelity sent me an email on 2/27 confirming the document had been sent off. What was the cause for the delay?" I got a response basically saying "My mistake. I wasn't told until 3/4 so that's when I thought it had been sent. I'll go check on that for you."

But I suspect he's just covering so I don't complain further....

Anyone who did have that happen to them would have a valid fraud complaint I would think. Especially with an email confirmation specifically stating that the documentation was submitted on a specific date.

After I responded to my broker by saying "So and so at Fidelity sent me an email on 2/27 confirming the document had been sent off. What was the cause for the delay?" I got a response basically saying "My mistake. I wasn't told until 3/4 so that's when I thought it had been sent. I'll go check on that for you."

But I suspect he's just covering so I don't complain further....
Hmmmm, if others hadn't posted the same thing happening to them I might believe him, but it isn't looking good for Fidelity!

We had it listed right in our signed Contract by the Timeshare Store they are great by the way we just went in another direction with the second contract because BLT at $125 a point was too good to pass on! The most power we have is information and sharing our experiences here is just that.

Be sure to tell her that I had an Oct 110 AKV contract pass for $100 a point. With full points for 2019. It might further give her a wake up call from her nonsense :D

The resale brokers can try and pull the $$$$/point contract will only pass ROFR, but they truly have no idea, this forum has been try to figure out the way DVC ROFR's contracts for years...... and no one has figured out DVC's formula. Yes you can put in a crazy high bid and it's guaranteed to pass, but you would probably be paying well over the market price. This is why you always hear about the ROFR drunken monkey.

Good luck to all those still waiting in ROFR hell, I've felt your pain.

The resale brokers can try and pull the $$$$/point contract will only pass ROFR, but they truly have no idea, this forum has been try to figure out the way DVC ROFR's contracts for years...... and no one has figured out DVC's formula. Yes you can put in a crazy high bid and it's guaranteed to pass, but you would probably be paying well over the market price. This is why you always hear about the ROFR drunken monkey.

Good luck to all those still waiting in ROFR hell, I've felt your pain.

I totally agree with you. I just had an AKV contract taken by the Drunken Monkey on 2/22, it was $113 a point, and due to the much higher price I felt we had a pretty solid shot of passing. But we didn't. Yet others passed at $100/point. I just submitted another contract yesterday for $100/point. The Drunken Monkey can't take them all. No one knows why Disney takes what they do. If the resale brokers knew the formual, everyone would pass lol!

Wow that really stinks! I have been working with the Timeshare Store for mine and so far been very happy with the experience. They have been very helpful and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter