ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got news...

Carli_h---$137-$29436-200-BLT-Dec-200/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 1/16, taken 2/21

Not surprised but at least we know. It obviously wasn’t meant to be.

We’ve decided that we’ll buy a bigger points contract, but would you go for AKL or SSR?

I’m leaning towards SSR for the refurb, location and cheaper dues.

However, if we chose AKL we could probably swap to SSR at most times of the year but unlikely to be able to do the same if we chose SSR as our home resort.

It’s likely that we won’t be staying in our home resort all that often as buying more points is to open up accommodation options and negate the fact we won’t have access to the new resorts.

So confused right now!

Tips I've learned form reading here while buying resale BLT:
- From what I've seen getting pick up.. most were striped.
- I would also stay away from Feb use year if you can. Seems to be on radar. (ours that passed was Aug if that helps)
- I've also seen advised here many times. Buyer pay the MF and closing. makes its less attractive to the ROFR monster.

I'm going to add one more tip.. its just a theory.. look for a weird number point contract. We have had our AKL 123 and BLT 309 both pass.. :confused3 my DH think it might be harder for DVC to break those point up. but who really knows, I'm going with the drunken monkey theory I read a few pages back! :rotfl2:

I don’t think UY matters with BLT as ours was Dec.

I have asked our broker if, based on ROFR contract waived, odd points or international sellers seem less attractive to Disney.

Finally got news...

Sorry they took it.

We’ve decided that we’ll buy a bigger points contract, but would you go for AKL or SSR?

However, if we chose AKL we could probably swap to SSR at most times of the year but unlikely to be able to do the same if we chose SSR as our home resort.

It’s likely that we won’t be staying in our home resort all that often as buying more points is to open up accommodation options and negate the fact we won’t have access to the new resorts.

So confused right now!

I’d wait and see what Disney is doing with post-1/19 contracts before I made a decision. Are they passing more or exercising ROFR at the same rate? That may play into your decision.

Finally got news...

Sorry to hear this. I have been following along and was hoping you would get good news...

So confused right now!

I think if it were me I would wait a little while and hopefully things will become more clear for you with a bit of time. The pressure was on for a lot of people when Disney announced those restrictions but outside individual circumstances, or a really good deal, I don't see any major urgency now. As to your question re SSR or AKL, dues are higher at AKL (they really shot up last time around) but you do have a better shot at AKL value if you own there and that can lower the overall trip costs with fewer points... We really like AKL but have never stayed at SSR so can't really offer any comparison that way. Good luck with whatever you decide!

So confused right now!
This sounds exactly like something I would have written. We put an offer in on SSR and it was taken in ROFR. The whole time I was waiting I kept looking at AKL contracts. The day the first one was taken I put an offer in on AKL and I'm still waiting. I say follow the advice and buy where you want to stay. In the grand scheme of things, I'm not paying that much more, and I know I will always be happy staying at my home resort. Also, longer contract at AKL.

So confused right now!
That might actually be a good idea still it seems larger rooms are always available

Thanks everyone for the messages and advice, everyone is really supportive. Feeling okay about Disney taking the contract, I think the wait and frustration actually helped!

My patience doesn’t really allow me to wait for a new contract but my DH is trying to convince me that we have to wait to see the impact of brexit on the exchange rate. I also think it’s sensible to see if DVC2 impacts resale... the not so rationale part of me wants to jump back in.

We did really like SSR much more than we thought and I like the style of the refurbishments so think we’ll eventually go for SSR.

I would prefer to be closer to be MK but more points means that we would have a chance at staying in a VGF grand villa with family if we banked and borrowed points.

Thanks everyone for the messages and advice, everyone is really supportive. Feeling okay about Disney taking the contract, I think the wait and frustration actually helped!

My patience doesn’t really allow me to wait for a new contract but my DH is trying to convince me that we have to wait to see the impact of brexit on the exchange rate. I also think it’s sensible to see if DVC2 impacts resale... the not so rationale part of me wants to jump back in.

We did really like SSR much more than we thought and I like the style of the refurbishments so think we’ll eventually go for SSR.

I would prefer to be closer to be MK but more points means that we would have a chance at staying in a VGF grand villa with family if we banked and borrowed points.

I’m an extremely impatient person as well. However, I HIGHLY recommend you wait and see how the changes affect resale both with prices and with ROFR. Regarding possibly GV at VGF, very few of us are able to bank AND borrow. We’re always borrowing because once you’re hooked, you’ll go more. You being in the U.K. means you probably won’t go as much as those of us stateside, but you’ll go more than you think. Also, you will become very miserly with your points. You’ll start doing standard views, lower point times, etc. Trust me on this because we’ve yet to stay in any GVs despite me constantly thinking about it. :rotfl2:

So confused right now!

AKV/L is a pretty big resort they will most of the year have availablity at 7 months. If you wanted the Value/Concierge rooms at AKL then you need to own there and even still that is no guarantee. They only have a few rooms and go fast at 11 months. Check out this thread on rooms available at all resorts for studios and 1 bedrooms. AKV/L has 3 more years than SSR, but maintenance fees are slightly higher. SSR has been the best value in DVC cost wise and Disney Springs is really nice now. I own there and OKW (extended) love both resorts. We have stayed at BWV, PVB, AKV and BLT. All the resorts are wonderful. Too bad BWV expires in 2042 or would have some points there.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/

Good luck on your future purchase.

Last edited:
Finally got news...

Sorry this did not pass for you was a really fair offer, we just offered $125 just have decided to go low if a seller is willing to accept the offer.

Disney cannot inflate the prices if we do not go along with it! I have bought and sold in the past I feel these current contracts have even more
limits and that reduces the value to some extent. We own direct so in some regards it will not place restrictions on us by but will restrict where
we can use or rent points to existing resorts.

It's official:
SimbaAndSparkles---$131-$21565-160-BLT-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 1/15, taken 2/22 :guilty:

Bummed, but getting our ducks in a row to make another offer today. I'm totally with you @LadyLvsTramp - they can't inflate the prices if we don't let them! This will be our first time purchase, but I won't overpay just to get in the club quicker. We're actually in the midst of a self-imposed parks hiatus until 2020, so there's no rush for us. We'll keep submitting offers until one sneaks past the ROFR monster. They can't buy them all, right!?

Well just got the word that Disney took our contract. I will submit the string next week as I’m in Disney now but it was 120 points at AKL, October use year, $113 per point, 0 points for 2019 and 120 points for 2020. With the higher price point I was hoping we would pass through. we submitted 1/17, taken 2/21

oh wow! nothing should shock me anymore but this one does!

Agreed, this one makes no sense to me either.

Sorry it was taken.

It's official:
SimbaAndSparkles---$131-$21565-160-BLT-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 1/15, taken 2/22 :guilty:

Bummed, but getting our ducks in a row to make another offer today. I'm totally with you @LadyLvsTramp - they can't inflate the prices if we don't let them! This will be our first time purchase, but I won't overpay just to get in the club quicker. We're actually in the midst of a self-imposed parks hiatus until 2020, so there's no rush for us. We'll keep submitting offers until one sneaks past the ROFR monster. They can't buy them all, right!?
Ugh, so sorry to here this was taken. I like your thinking, no they cannot take them all! Good luck!

Well, a lot of people say DVD doesn’t want to have all this inventory and pay MF’s on it. If the contracts are stripped until 2020 with the seller crediting MF’s through 2020, that may be atttractive to them. Maybe they’re trying to bulk up on some inventory while the prices are still lower compared to direct and save themselves from paying MF’s. Once the prices start to rise (if they do), then they won’t be buying back as many.
We should warn DVD about the risks of timeshare ownership. Holding onto all those contracts in a downturn would be dangerous.

Dear DVD, a timeshare is not an investment!

[pats self on back]

taffeelion---$99-$32460-320-SSR-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 20/19, 320/20- sent 1/8, taken 2/22
oh well - I think this is my prompt to focus outside of Disney for yearly vacations - thanks for this thread guys
Agree I’ll stick to renting pts when I want to go to Disney and vacation around the world just as we’ve been doing just now with a 1 yr old.

taffeelion---$99-$32460-320-SSR-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 20/19, 320/20- sent 1/8, taken 2/22
oh well - I think this is my prompt to focus outside of Disney for yearly vacations - thanks for this thread guys

They took their sweet time with this one. Goodness. You have the patience of a saint. I would've been losing my mind and nagging the daylights out of my broker and title company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter