• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, $107 per point! I'm waiting on 150 points BWV at $114 per point and thought it might be too low. Today is day 30 and haven't heard a word.

keep positive. mine was an international seller and a death of one of the owners. probably had something to do with disney passing

$95pp is pretty low for AKL...but I'm rooting for you! You never know!

I know. I’ve seen some pass in various locations, but I’ve been fairly certain from the beginning that they will take it! I love that resort so much, but I’m not ready to pay anymore than this for the size contract I would need there right now.

Wonder if anyone buying from an international seller have been ROFR’ed in the past 6 months or maybe even longer? - seems Disney is always letting them pass.

Wonder if anyone buying from an international seller have been ROFR’ed in the past 6 months or maybe even longer? - seems Disney is always letting them pass.

I can't remember seeing any in recent times for sure and not really certain if I have seen one taken since I have been observing this thread for a couple of years. That does seem to be one constant for whatever reason.

The paperwork I sent back says it shall be closed 60 days from the effective date. So how long do you have to give them to decide before you can say to hell with it and walk away from the contract? If it hasn’t closed in 60 days (let alone passed ROFR) does Disney get stuck with it?

Kevinj89---$142-$27971-180-BLT-Mar-0/18, 182/19, 180/20, 180/21- sent 3/18

Passed ROFR this morning (3/27).

This is our first contract, I've been watching and thinking about DVC for a good 15 years but the timing has never quite been right.

We are actually purchased these with the plan to make our first trip next May, so hoping we'd be able to get through ROFR/estoppel and closing in time to have points loaded so we can reserve in June. I think we'll make it with plenty of time to spare! :smooth:

The paperwork I sent back says it shall be closed 60 days from the effective date. So how long do you have to give them to decide before you can say to hell with it and walk away from the contract? If it hasn’t closed in 60 days (let alone passed ROFR) does Disney get stuck with it?

No Disney don’t get stuck with it and they aren’t bound by the close by date either in terms of the contract have to close by a specific date. The date can be extended by seller and buyer.

Cyberc1978---$112-$18620-150-BWV-Jun-0/18, 300/19, 150/20- sent 3/13, passed 3/27

After seeing others getting answers on their rofr I decided to mail and ask, and what do you know it actually passed.

Fantastic news! Great resort at a great price. I’m waiting on a BWV 150 pt at $115 ppt that was submitted a day before yours. This gives me hope and perhaps we’ll find out soon. Thanks for posting your great news!!

Fantastic news! Great resort at a great price. I’m waiting on a BWV 150 pt at $115 ppt that was submitted a day before yours. This gives me hope and perhaps we’ll find out soon. Thanks for posting your great news!!

Thanks

Don’t know if it matters but my seller is international and I also saw another BWV contract passing at $107 pp which also was international. I have no evidence to back me up but I think all or most contracts from international sellers pass regardless of price.

Cyberc1978---$112-$18620-150-BWV-Jun-0/18, 300/19, 150/20- sent 3/13, passed 3/27

After seeing others getting answers on their rofr I decided to mail and ask, and what do you know it actually passed.
Very nice! Who is your Broker? I was determined not to call or email but 30 days today and I suspect a decision has been made.

Very nice! Who is your Broker? I was determined not to call or email but 30 days today and I suspect a decision has been made.
It’s fidelity. 14 days is acceptable and during those days I didn’t even feel the need to call and ask for a status.

It’s fidelity. 14 days is acceptable and during those days I didn’t even feel the need to call and ask for a status.
I thought so. I saw your contact on their site. Mine is through Fidelity also and pretty identical to yours. Sent 2/25 but haven't heard anything. The reason I suspect a decision has been made is that our contact among all the other Sale Pending contracts shows "sold".

I thought so. I saw your contact on their site. Mine is through Fidelity also and pretty identical to yours. Sent 2/25 but haven't heard anything. The reason I suspect a decision has been made is that our contact among all the other Sale Pending contracts shows "sold".
Fingers crossed that it will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter