• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nothing!?!?! Oh man. Are you going to try again if this one gets taken? Keep offering what you are comfortable with but I bet that great price matched with Seller paying closing made it attractive to Disney. I'd go low again but maybe pay closing? I really hope you hear soon! I'm anxious for you.

Still nothing!?!?! Oh man. Are you going to try again if this one gets taken? Keep offering what you are comfortable with but I bet that great price matched with Seller paying closing made it attractive to Disney. I'd go low again but maybe pay closing? I really hope you hear soon! I'm anxious for you.

Still nothing!!! After 25 days I kind of started giving up. It took 34 days for our last one to get taken. We are not in any rush, as we already have our trips planned for this year, but the frustrating part is just waiting around for somebody to tell you it’s getting taken!! My DH and I are actually just in the middle of conversation discussing what to do next. We might just take a break and try again for SSR. But if not, we are thinking of maybe just trying for Poly, since that is where we would want to use the bulk of the SSR points anyway. So we will see! Thanks for reaching out, so sweet of you!!! :flower3:

Still nothing!!! After 25 days I kind of started giving up. It took 34 days for our last one to get taken. We are not in any rush, as we already have our trips planned for this year, but the frustrating part is just waiting around for somebody to tell you it’s getting taken!! My DH and I are actually just in the middle of conversation discussing what to do next. We might just take a break and try again for SSR. But if not, we are thinking of maybe just trying for Poly, since that is where we would want to use the bulk of the SSR points anyway. So we will see! Thanks for reaching out, so sweet of you!!! :flower3:

After I had my one and only SSR attempt taken, I also changed course and just bought where I wanted to stay. I was planning on using those SSR points at 7-months for other resorts almost exclusively. It worked out in the end for me going for the resort I actually wanted. :) There's nothing wrong with SSR, but it just isn't for us since we still spend 90% of our time in the parks.

After I had my one and only SSR attempt taken, I also changed course and just bought where I wanted to stay. I was planning on using those SSR points at 7-months for other resorts almost exclusively. It worked out in the end for me going for the resort I actually wanted. :) There's nothing wrong with SSR, but it just isn't for us since we still spend 90% of our time in the parks.

That’s exactly where we are.

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words. We just tried another...waiting for it to go to ROFR. We went in a bit higher.....everyone says "buy where you want to stay" and BCV is it for us! We bought 100 pts Poly direct in January to get DVC membership benefits, but hadn't stayed (or even visited) anywhere other than BWV and AKL prior to buying. Our trip was right after the direct price increase, so to lock in lower prices, we bought before really seeing the resorts. After our stay in late January, we realized that Poly is nice but BCV absolutely stole our hearts.

My hubby says this is going to be our last try so I wanted to submit a strong offer. We actually offered a bit higher than asking price since it was a nice contract and still a good deal when compared to direct prices (which we cannot justify for BCV).

Trying to keep the faith that it will all work out! Hoping for some Pixie Dust for us and others, too!
I have a good feeling about this one. Everything will turn out the way it's meant to be, right? :)

Thanks again....each of you, the members of this awesome forum, have been so appreciated and helpful! ❤

Good luck with this one! We also paid up for BCV just to get it done and because there aren’t a lot of smaller contracts that come up. I have always loved BCV also. DH agreed to buy without ever really being there but we had a couples trip to BW and he appreciated the area more. We own BLT for the kids. BCV is for us for couples F&W trips through retirement. BLT is nice but it’s not BCV! And we also can’t justify paying direct or paying BC prices to stay!

I hope this one passes!

Do you only get documents from the title company once your contract goes through ROFR?

Ours was sent to Disney yesterday, and I just got documents from First American. When our first contract was taken back we never got any documents from the title company. I emailed our broker and forwarded her the documents so she could see, but there's now way it would be through ROFR already, right?

Do you only get documents from the title company once your contract goes through ROFR?

Ours was sent to Disney yesterday, and I just got documents from First American. When our first contract was taken back we never got any documents from the title company. I emailed our broker and forwarded her the documents so she could see, but there's now way it would be through ROFR already, right?

I received Escrow documents from the title company and the document explicitly stated that they are still awaiting the ROFR decision from Disney. It was just to verify personal information and set-up for the deed when/if necessary.

I received Escrow documents from the title company and the document explicitly stated that they are still awaiting the ROFR decision from Disney. It was just to verify personal information and set-up for the deed when/if necessary.

That's good to know. It doesn't say anywhere that I can see that they are still awaiting ROFR. They are escrow documents. I highly doubt it went through ROFR that quickly. It's leaving me with even more serious doubts about First American. I don't understand why we would not have received this last time. We have only dealt with Fidelity/First American. I will say the fidelity broker has instantly emailed me back, so I am happy with that.

After 9 days of accepting our offer the sellers finally signed the contract and it has been sent off to Disney! I don't hold much hope that it will pass ROFR, but we had to try as it is the perfect contract for us and the price was right.

minniemoo15---$103-$27345-240-AKV-Feb-0/18, 240/19, 240/20 - sent 4/3

Last edited:
After 8 days of accepting our offer the sellers finally signed the contract and it has been sent off to Disney! I don't hold much hope that it will pass ROFR, but we had to try as it is the perfect contract for us and the price was right.

Fingers crossed, I think it is a fair Price per point for that amount of points. Good luck that it sails through ROFR.

After 8 days of accepting our offer the sellers finally signed the contract and it has been sent off to Disney! I don't hold much hope that it will pass ROFR, but we had to try as it is the perfect contract for us and the price was right.

Nice contract! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter